EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: KY, Georgetown - 4/21/2017 to 4/23/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
For those arriving early, some of us will be going to Keeneland Racetrack on Thursday. It's about a 30 minute drive from the campground with gates opening at 11 and the first race about 1pm. All are welcome! Parking is free and General Admission is just $5 per person
If you've never seen Thoroughbred horse racing in person it's quite an experience.

NWILSON

A very important part of the Heartland Owners Club is the Heartland Gives Back function at each of our rallies.
We have selected Ronald McDonald House of the Bluegrass to be the recipient of our generosity! Kentucky being such a rural state the need for families to use Ronald McDonald house while a child is in the UK Children's Hospital is huge. Although the facilities can be found worldwide, the individual Houses depend heavily on support from the local community.
Here is the link to Ronald McDonald House of the Bluegrass

The House is hoping to be able to send a representative to tell us about the services they provide to families. They have a number of events they are participating in that weekend which may not leave someone available. If you're not familiar with their work, please take a minute to look at their website. It's heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. A truly worthy cause!

Items they are currently in need of are:
Wish-List-3.2017-001.jpg

Sniper

A very important part of the Heartland Owners Club is the Heartland Gives Back function at each of our rallies.
We have selected Ronald McDonald House of the Bluegrass to be the recipient of our generosity! Kentucky being such a rural state the need for families to use Ronald McDonald house while a child is in the UK Children's Hospital is huge. Although the facilities can be found worldwide, the individual Houses depend heavily on support from the local community.
Here is the link to Ronald McDonald House of the Bluegrass

The House is hoping to be able to send a representative to tell us about the services they provide to families. They have a number of events they are participating in that weekend which may not leave someone available. If you're not familiar with their work, please take a minute to look at their website. It's heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. A truly worthy cause!

Items they are currently in need of are:
View attachment 50948
Neale are we to bring items on this list for donating?

NWILSON

Neale are we to bring items on this list for donating?
Yes, if anyone is able to donate to Ronald McDonald House in any way at our rally (listed items or monetarily) it will be presented in the name of the Heartland Owers Club.

VKTalley

For those arriving early, some of us will be going to Keeneland Racetrack on Thursday. It's about a 30 minute drive from the campground with gates opening at 11 and the first race about 1pm. All are welcome! Parking is free and General Admission is just $5 per person
If you've never seen Thoroughbred horse racing in person it's quite an experience.

A little note to the Keeneland Races, you might even see a horse or two who will be running in the Kentucky Derby as they use the Keeneland races for practice. Also, wear a hat as most of the general seating area is not shaded.

Mike-n-Justina

Neale and Leslie,
Just wanted you to know we had to cancel our reservation. We are both gonna miss the fun and getting to see old friends and meeting new friends. Hope you have a great rally and we will see you all in Goshen if not before.

NWILSON

Neale and Leslie,
Just wanted you to know we had to cancel our reservation. We are both gonna miss the fun and getting to see old friends and meeting new friends. Hope you have a great rally and we will see you all in Goshen if not before.
We are very disappointed to hear that you can't make it but we know all to well how the unexpected can force a change in plans.
Safe travels and we're looking forward to seeing y'all again soon!

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Tax season is over, so we are picking up our 5th wheel in Elkhart on Wednesday after some warranty work and have decided to head to the rally on Thursday. Sorry about the last minute notice. Hopefully everything is in order when we get there and really can make it. Will be staying until Sunday.

jbeletti

HEARTLAND GIVES BACK
We have chosen the Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Bluegrass to be the recipient of Heartland Gives Back at our rally. They have listed in their "BIG DREAM ITEMS" of need a dorm size refrigerator. Leslie and I would like to challenge HOC members to fulfill their dream and we are starting the fund with $25. For a list of other everyday items they need please refer to the list available on post #44 of this thread.

Neale and Leslie - what a worth beneficiary for the HGB component of your rally!

Also great that you've chosen as a chapter to try to fund one of the Big Dream items. I'll bet the KY chapter can do this!

Kbvols

Tax season is over, so we are picking up our 5th wheel in Elkhart on Wednesday after some warranty work and have decided to head to the rally on Thursday. Sorry about the last minute notice. Hopefully everything is in order when we get there and really can make it. Will be staying until Sunday.
Oh Yeah!! The party will be on!

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Couple of questions.

Is the chapter leader here? Anyone know what site they are on?

Does anyone know where the breakfasts are going to be?

Where are we to meet for the plant tour tomorrow?

I apologize if this info has been posted and I missed it.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Neil & Leslie, Nancy & I are sure your rally will be a success!! Next year we'll have to do a better job of scheduling so there's no conflicts. That way we can attend each others!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NWILSON

Neil & Leslie, Nancy & I are sure your rally will be a success!! Next year we'll have to do a better job of scheduling so there's no conflicts. That way we can attend each others!!!!
Leslie and I were disappointed when we discovered our rallies were going to be the same weekend. We wanted to schedule so going to Keeneland was an option for those joining us but when you add Easter, Mother's Day and University of Kentucky graduation as well as events at the Kentucky Horse Park our choice of weekends was severely limited.
We are looking forward to seeing you two again soon. Goshen?
Thank you for the well wishes and we return the same!

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Let the rally begin!
8627843ccfd9b925bc421089b2ec4111.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Browns-Dora-RdTrip

Full Time Traveler
Hello,
We are at Whispering Hills RV park where you are having your Rally!
Thanks for extending a welcome to us even thought we hadn't planned it.
We look forward to meeting everyone and hearing about their adventures!
Andie and John Brown ( and Dora our Border )

VKTalley

Couple of questions.

Is the chapter leader here? Anyone know what site they are on?

Does anyone know where the breakfasts are going to be?

Where are we to meet for the plant tour tomorrow?

I apologize if this info has been posted and I missed it.

The KY Chapter Leaders are Neale and Leslie, I don't know what site they are in as we had to forgo coming to this rally...heading to Tyndall AFB to be with our son and go to the Gulf Coast Salute air show. I'm sure someone will get with you asap. Have a great time visiting my home state and hometown of Lexington!

Sniper

Just wanted to say thanks for the great time! So glad the Commander and I got a chance to hang out for a couple of nights at the Kentucky rally. It was great meeting everyone and seeing a few ol' friends again as well. We made it safely to our destination here in Georgia. Thanks again!

Safe travels. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.