EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: KY, Georgetown - 5/16/2014 to 5/18/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
More information on the Friday night meet and greet. We will provide the ice cream and the paper products. Please bring your favorite finger foods to share and a beverage.

MCTalley

One thing I would like to do while we are in the area is visit Old Friends Equine, which is a facility for retired Thoroughbred horses. It is located near the campground. They offer tours daily ($10 a person) at 10:00, 1:00 and 3:00. The website mentions calling for more details if you have a group. I might call them tomorrow and see what they have to offer as a group rate should we get enough folks that are interested.

This would be a fun activity on Saturday, maybe the 10:00 tour followed by lunch somewhere.

DWChris

Wanted to let you know that we have had to cancel. Combination of truck trouble and another commitment that came up. We hate to miss it but had no choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

krhyde

Wanted to let you know that we have had to cancel. Combination of truck trouble and another commitment that came up. We hate to miss it but had no choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear you won't be able to join us. Hope everything works out for you.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Our plans for the earlier part of the week have been weathered out so we're going to pull into Whispering Hills on Thursday.
Looking forward to meeting you all!

krhyde

Our plans for the earlier part of the week have been weathered out so we're going to pull into Whispering Hills on Thursday.
Looking forward to meeting you all!
There are five of us here already. See you Thursday.

VKTalley

For those of you here at the Kentucky Rally who have not already heard, Malcolm is in the hospital recovering from appendix surgery. I am not sure when they are planning on releasing him but I will call either Ken or Reta and let everyone know.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
For those of you here at the Kentucky Rally who have not already heard, Malcolm is in the hospital recovering from appendix surgery. I am not sure when they are planning on releasing him but I will call either Ken or Reta and let everyone know.
I pray he is going to be okay. If there is anything we can do, let us know.
Linda

krhyde

What hospital? Can he have visitors?

JanAndBill

Oh wow, did I start somethng???? I had to go to the hospital last week myself with kidney problems, which is why we missed the TN rally. Go back in next week sometime. Prayers for Malcom's quick recovery.

MCTalley

Looks like I will be here through Thursday. Fighting a little infection that they want to monitor.

I am at Central Baptist. Not sure of room number, but Val indicated she had possibly contacted Ken with those details.

Not sure that I will be playing golf now. ;)

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)
Just found out that we don't have to be back to work till Monday, so we will be coming to the rally. Arriving on Thursday. See everyone then.

VKTalley

Looks like I will be here through Thursday. Fighting a little infection that they want to monitor.

I am at Central Baptist. Not sure of room number, but Val indicated she had possibly contacted Ken with those details.

Not sure that I will be playing golf now. ;)

He is in Room #5228 at Central Baptist Hospital, Nicholasville Road, in Lexington. Yes, he can have visitors and would enjoy the company. I'll be back out to the campground later this evening as I have to feed our kitty.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
WOW Valerie - Malcolm didn't look like he was his full self this past weekend (TN Rally) but surgery. Let him know that we are all thinking and praying for a speedy recovery.

VKTalley

Thank you, Everyone, for the kind messages and prayers! Malcolm is doing well, considering. Hopefully will be able to come "home" tomorrow from the hospital. They kept him an extra day due to he spiked a fever overnight last night (Tuesday) but he has been fever-free since early this morning.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Sitting here at work :( waiting for the time to pass so we can get on the road. Looks like it will be about 9-ish before we get there so have the lights on. I'm bringing my woollys (who would think we would need longjohns in May).

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Ken & Faye, Santha and I sure wish we could be there for your first rally. I am sure that It will be a great rally.
We will be there next year though. I am going to slow My work schedule down.
Val, Take good care of Malcolm. We will say a prayer for his quick recovery.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

VKTalley

Sitting here at work :( waiting for the time to pass so we can get on the road. Looks like it will be about 9-ish before we get there so have the lights on. I'm bringing my woollys (who would think we would need longjohns in May).

Drive safely, Nathan and Byrd! Malcolm is still in the hospital due to running a fever overnight last night. :-( One more day in the hospital....hopefully tomorrow. He would enjoy a visit from anyone who wants to come see us.

Status
Not open for further replies.