EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: LA, Kinder - 3/23/2018 to 3/25/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Lil Guy'

A fruit dish is always a welcome addition for breakfast. Good suggestion. Who's gonna bring the biscuits and gravy and my requested fried potatoes of some sort.lol
Looking like a great rally taking place. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

'Lil Guy'

I saw me suggesting it but not a commitment.lol You've now committed and I am a happy man. Looking at the number in attendance, looks like we need one or two more to fry potatoes. While cooking the bacon and sausage, it generally leaves Ted and I last in line. It's hard on me to stand in line and watch the potatoes walk by only to see an empty plate when I get there.lol (here they come and there they go)
I'm confident this will be another great breakfast as all the other ones we've done in La. have turned out great. Looking forward to the rally and starting to get hungry.
See every one there.

Pokiejoe

I saw me suggesting it but not a commitment.lol You've now committed and I am a happy man. Looking at the number in attendance, looks like we need one or two more to fry potatoes. While cooking the bacon and sausage, it generally leaves Ted and I last in line. It's hard on me to stand in line and watch the potatoes walk by only to see an empty plate when I get there.lol (here they come and there they go)
I'm confident this will be another great breakfast as all the other ones we've done in La. have turned out great. Looking forward to the rally and starting to get hungry.
See every one there.

Frank, I don't want to see you cry during breakfast so I will make fried potatoes. We appreciate you and Ted cooking the meat so of course we want you guys not to see an empty plate of potatoes :)

Vicky and Don will be sampling I'm sure....

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Okay Frank, I have a proposition that might make you happy. I'll have to check with Debbie to see if that's possible.
Since Don volunteered to fry potatoes and if you find someone to take care of the biscuits, I'll make the sausage gravy.

Peace
Dave

Mimi

A fruit dish is always a welcome addition for breakfast. Good suggestion. Who's gonna bring the biscuits and gravy and my requested fried potatoes of some sort.lol
Looking like a great rally taking place. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Good so so put me down for a fruit dish for breakfast.

'Lil Guy'

Dave, if you don't make the fried potatoes to go with Don's, we're back to one batch. I can buy a bag of the frozen biscuits (or 2) and get them baked. Maybe I could put a door prize together for the person that makes a big pot of cream gravy and if they want to put sausage in it, I'll have it cooked for them and they can just add it when they bring it over.
Who puts onions in their potatoes? One with I hope.
If the potatoes and gravy are no shows, I'll make them for Ted and myself while I do the bacon and sausage. No problem to put on a griddle of hash browns after the sausage comes off. Problem being, they won't feed the crowd, (just the cooks)lol
I'm sure everything is going to work out just fine. That's why we call it a Breakfast Extravaganza.
Now I'm really starving. This rally can't get here quick enough.

I'm old and can't remember, but I think we did this at Andy's site. It might have been in the club house. If we do it in the clubhouse, they might have ovens for the biscuits. If not, it'll get taken care of.
See everyone there. Later and have a great day.

FWIW: We'll have Mimosas to drink with breakfast in a cheap fountain.lol At Margaritaville in the evening the fountain will be bubbling with a Rum punch.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Frank,
I said I would bring biscuits and gravy. I will take that sausage you offered to put in it. Not sure if I can cook that many biscuits, but I'll try.

Chippendale

I think I volunteered to scramble up a couple dozen of my Mexican Cheese Eggs. If I didn't, I will do it now. No, not now but at the rally.

George

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey frank we are hoping to do all this outside at my site as they don’t have a true clubhouse but more of an office with a sitting area and a pool with an outside covered patio. If it rains we will figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

That's right. Now I remember. All good. A little rain relief if needed.lol Never rains at your rallies.

Thanks George. You make a great dish. Debbie (Linda) and I are looking forward to catching up with you at this rally.

Andy and Joanna, could be your best rally to date. Debbie and I are really looking forward to it. Again, see everyone there.

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Anyone know of a good campground for a one night stopover between Biloxi and Gulfport off of I-10 on our way to Kinder. Any suggestions are appreciated!

jassson007

Anyone know of a good campground for a one night stopover between Biloxi and Gulfport off of I-10 on our way to Kinder. Any suggestions are appreciated!

There is a KOA closer to Baton Rouge on I 12 or a campground at the Pumpkin Center exit as well.

tcbigelow

Probab6a lil more than what you want but there is Fountainbleau state park in Mandeville and Fairview Riverside in Madisonville both are off of I-12 ....shouldn't be any more than an hour and half from the biloxi area, both are beautiful parks

bigbig64

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

Try this place http://gulfbeachrvresort.com/

We were going to stay here after the rally and they said they have plenty of spots available. If you don't mind going another 40 miles further try here http://www.pinecrestrv.com/index.htm

The sites are small but the rates are decent. We stay here each year when we visit relatives.

Abear79

campgroundsofthesouth.com and southern oaks are both right off I-10 in Gulfport and they are Passport America. I never stayed there but just a suggestion.

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Thanks all for your suggestions! We tried to get a site there along I-10 but it seems that the snowbirds haven't flown north yet!!! The robins are leaving way ahead them! :p
We changed our route and will be coming down/across on I-20. It was much easier finding a space along there. See y'all in Kinder when you get there...we are coming in on Sunday!

jassson007

Thanks all for your suggestions! We tried to get a site there along I-10 but it seems that the snowbirds haven't flown north yet!!! The robins are leaving way ahead them! :p
We changed our route and will be coming down/across on I-20. It was much easier finding a space along there. See y'all in Kinder when you get there...we are coming in on Sunday!

Good deal. Be careful. We will see everyone Wednesday.

jassson007

Just a heads up for anyone coming from Texas via I 10. We are having a lot of road construction in Louisiana and also at the state line in tx. Traffic is bad enough here in the Sulphur/Lake Charles area it is taking over two hours to get anywhere.

I would suggest that if you are coming via I 10 that you exit into Hwy 12 in Vidor and take that EB across the state line and through the town of Dequincy. Stay on hwy 12 through there and it will eventually turn into Hwy 190 when you go under the over pass in Ragley. Hwy 190 will take you all the way to Kinder.

If you are coming from the North or the East you should not have any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.