6. Craig & Connie Zinter, greatheron, #2031. Site Fr8, May 30th-June 2rd
7. Chris Wilson & JoAnne King, #3426, Site FR9, May 31- June 2
8. Russ & Carol Ranck, Veteran, #3244, Site FR6, May 31-June 2
9. Dennis & Jeanne McFarren, #3270, Site FR 7, May 31-June 2
10.Oscar & Marie Blalock, SOB, Site FR 10, May 31-June 2
11.Glenn & Fran Schaaf, #1536, Site FR 4, May 31-June 2
12.Who's next?

Come join the fun. More info to follow.

Bring those photos. We are looking for the funniest camping photos you can dig up in your archives. I know you have them. Let's all have fun with this.

Our Heartland gives back goes to Wounded Warriors Project.
Helping veterans. Please give generously to this worthy cause.

Agenda

Friday:

6:00 pm Meet & Greet Campfire on site FR 15

Saturday:

8:00 am Coffee available
9:00 am Waffle Breakfast (club provided) we will have butter and syrup. If you have a favorite, you may bring your own.
1:00 pm Photo Contests. Bring your baby pictures and your funniest camping pictures (with captions if desired)
Followed by Caricatures done by Steve Lefkowitz (Club provided) Games during this time in the campground hall.
5:45 pm Group photo.
6:00 pm Dinner in the Dining Hall. Club provides the meat (smoked and/or grilled chicken hind quarters), you bring the sides and dessert.

Sunday:

8:00 am Coffee and danish site FR 15. (Club provided)
Sad to say “Goodbyes”.

Dig deep guys. Get out those baby pictures. We want to see who can match the baby pictures with the campers. There are prizes involved.

Last edited:

jerryjay11

Was looking forward to another rally, but after reading the pet rules we won't be able to attend. They consider German Shepherds an aggressive breed and we have a German Shepherd and a Chorkie.

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders
Was looking forward to another rally, but after reading the pet rules we won't be able to attend. They consider German Shepherds an aggressive breed and we have a German Shepherd and a Chorkie.

I am so sorry to hear that. I wasn't aware that they considered shepherds as an aggressive breed.

jerryjay11

They list 9 breeds that they don't allow that I am sure will eliminate other Heartland campers as well. When we look for a campground the first thing we look for is their pet policies. Our dogs travel everywhere with us when we camp. I would think it would be a consideration when selecting a rally campground. It's a shame if they had issues with any of these breeds that because of the dog owners not controlling their dogs or because they hadn't properly trained them that many campgrounds restrict certain breeds or don't allow dogs at all even though the breed are known for their good temperment.

But this is a subject for another forum so let's not bog this rally forum down with this.

tgrshk19

They list 9 breeds that they don't allow that I am sure will eliminate other Heartland campers as well. When we look for a campground the first thing we look for is their pet policies. Our dogs travel everywhere with us when we camp. I would think it would be a consideration when selecting a rally campground. It's a shame if they had issues with any of these breeds that because of the dog owners not controlling their dogs or because they hadn't properly trained them that many campgrounds restrict certain breeds or don't allow dogs at all even though the breed are known for their good temperment.

But this is a subject for another forum so let's not bog this rally forum down with this.

Here is the Pet Policy

4. Pets: All pets must be leashed at all times, kept quiet and under control. Restrooms and other buildings are off limits to pets. DO NOT tie to trees. Clean up after them. DO NOT leave unattended. Use dog park for exercise. Restricted breeds – The following dogs or mixed breeds of these dogs are considered to be aggressive and are not allowed in our campground: Airedale, American Pit Bull, American Staffordshire Terrier, Chow, Doberman, German Shepherd, Mastiff, Rottweiler, Staffordshire. Dog pen no bigger than 8 by 8 feet.

chaplady

We will have to miss this one too. Puts us in same boat with our dogs. Most times it's not the camp grounds but the insurance companies that insure them. You all have a great Ralley see you at the next one.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired

Unfortunately we use to be in this situation a lot we had two Rottweiler's who were mush balls but because of some owners and poorly trained one's all these are breeds are looped in. We use to have to miss out on some rallies because of it but our dogs came first. As a past chapter leader we tried to take it into consideration but sometimes you have to pick campgrounds that will not be accommodating to all members especially in Maryland where there are limited campgrounds to begin with and a lot of campgrounds in the Northeast are not large enough to handle a rally. It's a tough part of the job sometime in finding a campground that meets everyone needs.

Kimmh012

If you call and tell them they are a Mix, they should allow it, technically all dogs are a mix same as people :) ... We have a 106lb big 1yr old baby that is a Staffordshire Terrier, some call them Pit Bulls, but He comes everywhere with us, we bring his vet papers etc.. Some campgrounds, when we call to make reservations, we tell them he is a Mutt, others we had to put Terrier mix and never have had a problem. 1 place we had to get a Letter of Reference from our Vet that Diezel is a good dog, but otherwise we have never had a problem, of course we don't show him off much either. LOL
Maybe worth a try to give them call.
Kim

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
If you call and tell them they are a Mix, they should allow it, technically all dogs are a mix same as people :) ... We have a 106lb big 1yr old baby that is a Staffordshire Terrier, some call them Pit Bulls, but He comes everywhere with us, we bring his vet papers etc.. Some campgrounds, when we call to make reservations, we tell them he is a Mutt, others we had to put Terrier mix and never have had a problem. 1 place we had to get a Letter of Reference from our Vet that Diezel is a good dog, but otherwise we have never had a problem, of course we don't show him off much either. LOL
Maybe worth a try to give them call.
Kim

That works if your papers from the vets have them as a mix or if the campground really doesn't look at them or ask for them. We use to travel with two rotties that were not mix and our vet. like a number of others, would not give any papers indicating they were mix so we would either miss the rally or leave them home you have to be careful for what the campgrounds look for I would hate to go all that way and have to turn around and go home because they won't let you in and I have seen some campgrounds do so. Glad you are able to travel with him we've meet him and he is a sweetheart too.

Kimmh012

That works if your papers from the vets have them as a mix or if the campground really doesn't look at them or ask for them. We use to travel with two rotties that were not mix and our vet. like a number of others, would not give any papers indicating they were mix so we would either miss the rally or leave them home you have to be careful for what the campgrounds look for I would hate to go all that way and have to turn around and go home because they won't let you in and I have seen some campgrounds do so. Glad you are able to travel with him we've meet him and he is a sweetheart too.
Aww, thank you... we are getting 2 more furbabies, blue nose boston terriers...should be fun. also, we found a Pet Passport on Etsy .. hoping this will help him/us as well... see ya all soon.

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders
Yes just before Christmas, we decided to wait until after holidays.
We just booked site #23. :)

So glad you are going to make it.
What are your dates of arrival and departure?

Status
Not open for further replies.