EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MI, Ludington - 6/26/2014 to 6/29/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Hi Ed, I have posted a tentative itinerary in the first posting. We all do them a little differently but for me I find I can change thing easier from one place rather than new postings. Thanks for asking. Deb and I will be heading there on Saturday. See you soon

Kbvols

Sure wish we had some extra time off to attend this rally. I know it will be a blast. Our little traveling buddy is just itching to do some traveling. All that "rooting" around the house is getting bored.

image.jpg

TGLBWH

I too wish you could come. I think June in general is a tough month for a lot of people for travelling. This is the first time we have our rally in June (previously always in August) and I am already thinking about next year, so maybe you can make it then.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
I too wish you could come. I think June in general is a tough month for a lot of people for travelling. This is the first time we have our rally in June (previously always in August) and I am already thinking about next year, so maybe you can make it then.

I can't tell by your posting if you mean June in 2015, August of 2015 or some other month. Remember that the National Rally should return to Goshen in June of 2015 (unless something has changed) and we definitely plan to attend that one. We also hope to attend the Ontario rally if it is going to be just before the National Rally and the National does not have too m any pre-rally plans that might conflict.

Any chance that there is going to be a second Michigan Rally this year? I'm recovering from a total knee replacement and am having the second one done this year, possibly in September. Still might have time to squeeze something in as otherwise, the Bighorn will sit idle all summer and fall waiting for the annual trip to Florida in late December.

TGLBWH

I hope your knee(s) recover Chuck. We will miss you at this rally. As far as 2015 a lot depends on Deb's schedule, since she still works and also on campground availability for a group, but more than likely it will be August. As far as a second rally, we have discussed Frankenmuth in September but we have to wait and see what happens with Debbie's carpal tunnel surgery which she will have after this rally. We will be leaving for Ludington in the morning.

TGLBWH

we are now at poncho's pond rv they have requested that you make your payment when you get here with check or cash just like your deposit. hope this causes no problems. we are on site number80.we are also planning a dinner out on Friday night that the old Hamlin restaurant which just so happens to be real close to the house of flavors, yummy. we need to know by sometime Thursday if you're interested in going. have a safe trip and look forward to seeing everybody

cdbMidland

we are now at poncho's pond rv they have requested that you make your payment when you get here with check or cash just like your deposit. hope this causes no problems. we are on site number80.we are also planning a dinner out on Friday night that the old Hamlin restaurant which just so happens to be real close to the house of flavors, yummy. we need to know by sometime Thursday if you're interested in going. have a safe trip and look forward to seeing everybody

You won't be disappointed in the Old Hamlin - it was our favorite haunt when we camped in Ludington. Try the Prevean burger - made with 1/3 ground cherries and 2/3 ground beef. Great taste with much less fat content. Now I really wish that we were going, but hopefully, next time.

TGLBWH

We will miss you here Chuck and Sondra. We did the Old Hamlin yesterday and it was awesome, all homemade food. Today the Kettlewells arrived and we did House of flavors for dinner and of course ice cream. the raspberry chocolate was unbelievable. Now,what flavor other than vanilla to order for Thursday, any suggestions??

cdbMidland

No suggestions on ice cream flavors - almost all are awesome.

Glad you liked the Old Hamlin. Scottie's is nice, but pricier. There's another one just down from the park that has a buffet everyday, but I don't remember its name.

Wish we were there. Haven't even hooked up the Bighorn to the new truck. Hope it fits OK - it's my first 4X4.

TGLBWH

Debbie said she would buy you and split the pig trough with you if you come to the rally.

cdbMidland

Debbie said she would buy you and split the pig trough with you if you come to the rally.

I'd like to take you up on that, but with company here from KY this week and my 55th high school reunion on Saturday, I'm totally committed for this weekend.

Have a great time and a fantastic rally.

gschaaf

Thanks Debbie and Gerry for a great time here at your rally. You guys did a great job and I'm still full from all the food. Everyone is gone but a couple of us just hanging around enjoying Ponchos Pond. We will be up in Traverse City tomorrow to see what's going on up there. Thanks again it was Great!!! See ya down the road!

jimpav

Claudia and I also thank Gerry and Debbie for organizing a great Michigan rally! Our thanks also to all the great folks that stopped by to chat. ( I won't mention the restaurant reviews that Claudia harped on) I thought Hamlin's was great!!!!
Hope to see everyone on the road again, but not on the side of the road! IF ever in Holland, give us a shout!!!!

eka217

Thanks Gerry and Deb we had a great time, made new friends and ate to much. Great weather and a great mc ride with Dave & Jen. Hope to see all again down the road. Ed & Kathe

happykraut

Thanks Gerry and Debbie for a great rally. Judi and I had a great time. Definitely ate way too much ice cream.

TGLBWH

Thanks for all the Thanks. We too had an awesome time and also ate too much, especially that House of Flavors Ice Cream. Sorry you had all the truck problems Jim. Hope you got it all worked out. Met old and made new friends and hope to see all down the road at some point. Safe travels and a special thanks to all who contributed to make our rally a success. I definitely see Poncho's Pond in the future for a third time rally. Keep an eye on the events tab as we are pretty sure we are gong to do a fall rally, probably in September.

TGLBWH

I almost forgot to mention that the travelling Sombrero is on the move. Thanks for including that bit of fun to our rally

Status
Not open for further replies.