EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MO, Branson - 9/30/2011 to 10/2/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacaye

There are two campers of Illinois people waiting for everyone to make it to Branson!!!!!! I knew Illinois could beat Missouri at something!! lol Have a safe trip...
Bill, Barb, Kenny and Kathy.

jbeletti

Well, I miscalculated the time from Paris, TN to Branson - so we will not be in today. We'll push in tomorrow afternoon sometime. See y'all Thursday.

Jim

bacaye

Oops...missed this post Jim....I did get an email from Don and Kathy Swanson..GotToys from Min.....He has had the flu so they are running a day behind. They will not make it for the fish fry but hoping to make it for the rally. Barb

happykraut

I'm currently at the Rally (my first) and am having a great time. I'm terrible in remembering names. I thought last night at the Meet and Greet, that if we would have all stood up one at a time and told our names and where they are from would have been a great thing to do. I know we have the name tags, but introducing yourself is a lot more personal. Just a thought.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I agree, being a first time at any meet and greet, (not only at HOC) friends tend to sit and gather together.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm currently at the Rally (my first) and am having a great time. I'm terrible in remembering names. I thought last night at the Meet and Greet, that if we would have all stood up one at a time and told our names and where they are from would have been a great thing to do. I know we have the name tags, but introducing yourself is a lot more personal. Just a thought.
Good to hear you are having a great time. We wanted to be there, but had other commitments. Bummer. Don't worry about not remembering names....I don't remember what I had for breakfast this morning. You will meet up with some of these peeps again down the road and their names come back. Well maybe thier faces.
25 rigs at the rally makes it hard to remember all the names.
Maybe there can be another introduction at the "Low Country Boil".
You are just west of ST Louis, so talk with Ken and Kathy (Katkens) about attending the IL rally next year. They are the ones with the beautiful Welch Springers.
Also you are not too far from WI, talk with Tom Weber about attending the WI rally.
Wish we were there having fun.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

We'll all be inside tonight at the larger rally pavilion. Much easier there to do introductions, indoors, not so spread out and quiet :)

It was a nice gathering last night. Fire pit worked well too. That reminds me, I need to go retrieve it!

See y'all tonight.

Jim

happykraut

Jim, I'll have to agree with you on the fire pit. It was great. Hopefully everyone will introduce them selves tonight.

happykraut

Thank you again for the Walmart gift card I won this evening. Really enjoyed the question and answer session. The low boil was great.

jbeletti

We sure would like to have been there too, we're missing all our friends and Branson was our first rally also.

Jon - while we had a great time, we also really missed you and Patti. But we know it's a busy time for you at work. Have fun in NY if you are making that rally. We can't make that as we'll be in Mississippi at their first rally.

Jim

jbeletti

Thank you again for the Walmart gift card I won this evening. Really enjoyed the question and answer session. The low boil was great.

Hi Bernie,

Your first Heartland rally and you won a door prize - that's great. Nice meeting you guys and thanks for the great questions at the Q&A after dinner tonight. Hope to see you around next year - and really hope you can join us in Gillette and maybe help us all understand GeoCaching from the master :)

Jim

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Our first MO rally and we had a great time meeting more great Heartland owners. Nice job putting things together, Mike. Gerry & I loved the location and the weather. We do not need to think twice about coming to Branson. Every one is invited to the WI rally, August 16 - 19, 2012, Lake Delton(WI Dells). Details can be found on the forum Portal page. Happy camping and safe travels to all.

cowsrout

This was our first rally and we have really enjoyed it. We've made new friends and have sure enjoyed all the visiting (and eating!) Thank you, Michael & Daphna Fiehler for all your hard work putting this together. Looking forward to more rally time!

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Here are a few pictures of the campground ID sign I mentioned at Saturday's dinner. The sign is 18" X 18" and comes with the stand. It is made of a plastic coregated material, and rain does not affect it. Any state can be used as a background. Any statements can be added to the sign. Cost is $25 + shipping. If anyone has questions about the sign or would like to order a sign please contact "Paul Alfano" <palfano@wi.rr.com>

225.JPG216.JPG217.JPG

Attachments

• 224.JPG
    224.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.