EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MT, Red Lodge - 9/7/2017 to 9/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hi Jim. Havent heard of any specific plans from anyone yet. Don't even know what we are doing yet! Playing it by ear right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HanRnRman

Tom,

My wife Brenda and I have been HOC members for about 6 months. Looks like we missed the rally in September 17. I am very new to this whole blog/forum thing and would like to find out if there is a monthly news letter for the MT chapter. We live in SD and would love to attend the rally next year.

Thanks for your assistance.

Kelly Hansen

MCTalley

For those more familiar on the best route to Red Lodge coming in from the west off I-90, Google maps is suggesting exiting at Columbus and taking 421 to 212, then on to Red Lodge. Alternate (and longer) route is same exit and taking 78 through Absarokee to 212 and heading back north to Red Lodge. Even longer route is exiting I-90 at Laurel and picking up 212 there.

Comments?

boatto5er

Can't help y'all. We came down 212, off I-90 via Laurel, but we came from the east.

MCTalley

It only adds a few miles to our trip, so I think we'll do that (head on to Laurel and pick up 212 there).

dlw930

Coming from the west, We got off 90 at Columbus and took 421 to 212. It was ok and saved us about 15-20 minutes. I had to drive 50 mph or so on 421 due to narrower road and curves. You'll also lose a little time maneuvering through Columbus to get to 412. Toss up as to whether I'd do it again.

jbeletti

Hello Montana! Our first time in the state.

We arrived yesterday around 4 pm. Got setup in site 31 (50 amp - w/e). Worked on my water heater issue a bit and joined the meet and greet. Nice time.

Went downtown with 3 other couples for dinner at Bogarts. Great Mexican food.

Came home, solved the water heater issue and went over to the campfire (propane fire pits). Had a nice time visiting with Heartlanders.

Here we are in site 31:

FullSizeRender 277.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Montana! Our first time in the state.
Jim, take a little day trip up Hyw 212 through Bears Tooth Pass.
Charles Kuralt (CBS News) called this the most scenic highway in the US. It's awesome.
Watch for the bears tooth.

Peace
Dave

TomEgenes

Founding Montana Chapter Leaders-retired
Tom,

My wife Brenda and I have been HOC members for about 6 months. Looks like we missed the rally in September 17. I am very new to this whole blog/forum thing and would like to find out if there is a monthly news letter for the MT chapter. We live in SD and would love to attend the rally next year.

Thanks for your assistance.

Kelly Hansen

Hi Kelly
Gary sent you a region news letter I hope to get a montana letter going later this year
Thanks
Tom

TomEgenes

Founding Montana Chapter Leaders-retired
Hey everybody we are moving the meet in greet to site 42

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Tom & Sherry did an outstanding job for their first ever Montana Chapter Rally.
This is the last Rally night and it ended in a big Bang!
"WOW" what a Rally it was! The prizes were incredible ranging in value upwards of $400 for a single prize and the Welcome bags were Super!
This is my first trip to this beautiful state and can't wait for the next Rally.
This Rally was supported by 9 states and Canada at last count. Great job!

Safe Travels to everyone as you head out to the next destination or back home! Some of us are caravaning to the Mancos Rally and then over to the Moab Rally.

Thank you again Tom & Sherry for an outstanding Rally and the work you put into making this a great success!!!!

VKTalley

Tom & Sherry did an outstanding job for their first ever Montana Chapter Rally.
This is the last Rally night and it ended in a big Bang!
"WOW" what a Rally it was! The prizes were incredible ranging in value upwards of $400 for a single prize and the Welcome bags were Super!
This is my first trip to this beautiful state and can't wait for the next Rally.
This Rally was supported by 9 states and Canada at last count. Great job!

Safe Travels to everyone as you head out to the next destination or back home! Some of us are caravaning to the Mancos Rally and then over to the Moab Rally.

Thank you again Tom & Sherry for an outstanding Rally and the work you put into making this a great success!!!!

I agree! Awesome rally! Tom & Sherry were gracious hosts and everyone had a great time.
The Traveling Talleys have enjoyed our time here in Red Lodge and are already planning a return visit to this area.

Az_Ernie

Tom and Sherry,

Great rally! Thank you guys so much, we had an awesome time and can't wait for your next one!!

Marie and Ernie

dlw930

Thanks Tom & Sherry for the wonderful rally. Great job! We enjoyed meeting you and making friends with you and other folks from the Mountain Region and elsewhere.

David & Donna

Steve3717

Thanks Tom & Sherry! Our first Heartland Owners Club rally was wonderful. Everyone was so friendly and made our first rally so nice. We look forward to seeing everyone again at the next Montana rally. Steve & Rob.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Great rally Tom and Sherry! Really enjoyed our time in MT and all the activities. Met a great bunch of new Heartland friends. Hope to see many of you again soon. We're in Casper, WY for the night on our way to Denver for a few days. The drive down through Wind River Canyon was totally awesome.

MCTalley

We had a great time, as well. The hosts were gracious and the area is wonderful. We're already planning our next stop in Red Lodge on the way out and/or back from Washington next summer.

jbeletti

Tom and Sherry - Nancy and I both really enjoyed your rally and our very first time in Montana!

The planning you both put into this was evident and the execution was perfect. Your quaint town of Red Lodge is great. It reminded me of Williams, AZ.

We'd love to visit Red Lodge in the future and if timing works out, joining you, Sherry, Montana club members and others at a future event.

Makotech

Lisa and I would like to thank Tom and Sherry for a wonderful four day rally, they did a fantastic job of putting this together. This was our first rally as HOC members and and went in on the shy side not knowing what to expect. We had a great time and would like to thank everyone that were so nice and friendly to us. We learned a lot and and fully expect to attend more rallies in the future. Tom/ Sherry if you need any help in the future with rallies or other HOC events in the area please don't hesitate to ask, if we possibly can we will do what we can, after all we are only one state away. Thanks again/ Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.