EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MT, West Yellowstone - 9/10/2015 to 9/13/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
That's great. Amy is going to contact the park and see if we can't get you with our group. We will keep you posted.

codycarver

We are late additions for this event. We will be arriving 9/9 and departing 9/13. Called and made reservations. Our reservations isn't 'with the group' in location. But, at least we are there.

Darren and Pam Davis
Colorado

We were ale to make it happen!! You are now with the group.

codycarver

Thursday Amy and I will be having lunch at the Wild West Saloon All are invited to join us. I don't know about anything else on the menu but the Macaroni & Cheese is fantastic. I'll be having mine with Bacon and Sausage.

olcoon

Dang, wish we could make it! But we are work camping in the Wisconsin Dells...same park as the Wisconsin rally!!! Maybe next year if you are having it in the same time frame next year, we just might be there! We are really missing the West!!! I think I might be able to find some Single Barrel to bring! Or at least some high test moonshine!!!

codycarver

Dang, wish we could make it! But we are work camping in the Wisconsin Dells...same park as the Wisconsin rally!!! Maybe next year if you are having it in the same time frame next year, we just might be there! We are really missing the West!!! I think I might be able to find some Single Barrel to bring! Or at least some high test moonshine!!!

You guys are welcome here anytime.....with or without the shine.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dave, did you get any of the BAD weather that hit Bozeman yesterday?? Sorry. I was in Bozeman for 2 weeks but could not get to Cody to see you and Amy.The closest I got was to "bike week' in Red Lodge 2 weekends ago.

Last edited:

codycarver

Dave, did you get any of the BAD weather that hit Bozeman yesterday?? Sorry. I was in Bozeman for 2 weeks but could not get to Cody to see you and Amy.The closest I got was to "bike week' in Red Lodge 2 weekends ago.

We've had some, mostly rain and high winds. Jackson had snow yesterday and Amy said she heard that some trailers got blown over in the Bighorns by the same storm.

codycarver

Here is our Agenda:

Thursday evening - Meet & Greet. Join us for marinated ice cubes and a light meal. Bring your own marinade (for the ice cubes).

Friday morning - breakfast from 8 to 9 am.
Meg Sommers photography class following breakfast

Friday evening - dining at a local restaurant. TBD

Saturday morning - breakfast 9 am

Saturday evening - Potluck at the pavilion. The Tardiffs will provide the main dish.

Sunday morning - coffee and teary goodbyes!

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Hi Dave & Amy,
I'm going thru the storage compartment...making sure I have what we will need up at the rally...should we bring our heated hose? I'm thinking the nights will be cool but wondering just how cool :)

Thanks,
Monica

codycarver

Hi Dave & Amy,
I'm going thru the storage compartment...making sure I have what we will need up at the rally...should we bring our heated hose? I'm thinking the nights will be cool but wondering just how cool :)

Thanks,
Monica

You know how it is in the mountain region Monica. Last week it didn't get above mid 50's around here (30's at night), this week in the 80's. I guess I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

BTW The parks spigots are heated.

See you guys soon.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Don and I are leaving here Sunday, Sept 6. We plan on going to Devils Tower first....such a "cool" place!! Going once wasn't enough!
See you Thursday:cool:

PS
the heated hose is packed.

codycarver

Don and I are leaving here Sunday, Sept 6. We plan on going to Devils Tower first....such a "cool" place!! Going once wasn't enough!
See you Thursday:cool:

PS
the heated hose is packed.

A round about way to get there but still good. At least your not going over labor day. Amy & I tried that a few years ago and there was a biker rally and concert. We ended up packing up and heading over to the Mount rushmore KOA. The only spot they had was a 30 amp back-in spot. But I did get a standing ovation from the college kids next to us for getting in on the first try without hitting anything!

Be safe, See you next week!!!

usnaviator

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Hi Dave,

We've been in Rapid City for the past five day doing a little sight seeing. Headed to Devil's Tower today and then on to Cody on Sunday. Will be there for 3 nights then on to West Yellowstone. Been hot here in Rapid City but it looks like it is time to get out the long pants! See you soon.

codycarver

Hi Dave,

We've been in Rapid City for the past five day doing a little sight seeing. Headed to Devil's Tower today and then on to Cody on Sunday. Will be there for 3 nights then on to West Yellowstone. Been hot here in Rapid City but it looks like it is time to get out the long pants! See you soon.

Where are you staying in Cody?

usnaviator

Dave, we're staying at the Pondarosa campground. I think that's the one you recommended a few months back when we first started planning the trip.

codycarver

That's the one to stay at. It's the best one in my opinion. Right down town, you can walk to the museum and dairy queen is right next door!

usnaviator

Dave, Do you have a recommendation on the route from Cody to West Yellowstone?

Thanks, Paul

p.s. Every RV park should have a DQ next door!

olcoon

Paul, you might be in trouble, I doubt Dave has ever gone from Cody to West Yellowstone! I think he usually sleeps while Tucker drives!!! :):angel::)

Status
Not open for further replies.