EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MT, West Yellowstone - 9/10/2015 to 9/13/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Dave, Do you have a recommendation on the route from Cody to West Yellowstone?

Thanks, Paul

p.s. Every RV park should have a DQ next door!

We are leaving Wedensday moring, North fork to the east entrance then on to fishing bridge, right to Canyon Village, left to Norris, thru Madison on to West Yellowstone. There is a bridge being replaced between West thumb and Old faithful so we are avoiding that route.

Are you guy's flying Old Glory at the Ponderosa? Amy and I went by this morning and saw a BH under the stars and stripes but we didn't have time to stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Paul, you might be in trouble, I doubt Dave has ever gone from Cody to West Yellowstone! I think he usually sleeps while Tucker drives!!! :):angel::)

Roy, you been in the hootch closet again????

Are you, Sally and Bubba making it out here next year??

usnaviator

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Dave, Thanks very much for the route info, we'll go the same way. We are also leaving on Wednesday, what time are you departing? Yep, that's us flying the Stars and Stripes. The smaller flag underneath it is the Alabama State flag but I'm thinking I won't bother with the AL flag next time, have had two people ask me what flag that was. Don't see many of them out here I guess.

codycarver

Dave, Thanks very much for the route info, we'll go the same way. We are also leaving on Wednesday, what time are you departing? Yep, that's us flying the Stars and Stripes. The smaller flag underneath it is the Alabama State flag but I'm thinking I won't bother with the AL flag next time, have had two people ask me what flag that was. Don't see many of them out here I guess.

9:30ish

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dave & Amy, you guys have fun. We like Grizzly and are disappointed we can't make this one. Too much goin' on. Trace

olcoon

Dave,
Only been in a single barrel! Yep, we are talking about heading west next summer, haven't decided anything yet, but if we are semi-close, you can expect a call!

- - - Updated - - -

Dave,
Only been in a single barrel! Yep, we are talking about heading west next summer, haven't decided anything yet, but if we are semi-close, you can expect a call!

8amps

We are in Devils Tower, WY. Headed to Little Bighorn tomorrow (Wednesday) and into W Yellowstone Thursday. First time into Montana and Yellowstone. Very excited!!!!

codycarver

We are in Devils Tower, WY. Headed to Little Bighorn tomorrow (Wednesday) and into W Yellowstone Thursday. First time into Montana and Yellowstone. Very excited!!!!

Have a safe trip. BTW the indian tacos at the trading post across the street from the battle field are worth it if your looking for a bite to eat.

usnaviator

Great place to have a rally! Although we did get held up today in the Yellowstone version of an "OJ low speed chase".
DSC_4125.jpg

usnaviator

Dave, what an exceptional rally! The location was outstanding and the weather superb, but what really put the rally “over the top” was the hospitality of you and Amy. Sheila and I had a great time and look forward to seeing you, Amy and Tucker again.

8amps

I can practically guarantee you will see a bear. In fact last year when we were there "evidence" was left behind that at least one was in the RV park during the evening.

Soooooo Dave.... no bears.... but a really great time at the Rally. The weather was superb (it has turned cold and rainy here in West Yellowstone today. We are hoping that brings out some animals... we are headed over to the park now).

It was so great to meet new friends and visit with old friends. Thank you Dave and Amy for your warm hospitality. And Tucker's too :angel: Shea is quite lonely I think.

So appreciate Meg's photography class and all the tips on getting good shots.

Your last rally went with a bang! (well, I cannot speak on previous rallys but see now we missed some fun times!)

Thanks again!

Mary, Phil & Shea

codycarver

Soooooo Dave.... no bears.... but a really great time at the Rally. The weather was superb (it has turned cold and rainy here in West Yellowstone today. We are hoping that brings out some animals... we are headed over to the park now).

It was so great to meet new friends and visit with old friends. Thank you Dave and Amy for your warm hospitality. And Tucker's too :angel: Shea is quite lonely I think.

So appreciate Meg's photography class and all the tips on getting good shots.

Your last rally went with a bang! (well, I cannot speak on previous rallys but see now we missed some fun times!)

Thanks again!

Mary, Phil & Shea

They were a quarter mile from you the whole time. The grizzly bear encounter is right around the corner. You guy's still have time. Thanks for coming.....hope to see you again.

'Lil Guy'

Really sorry we missed your last rally. I retire November and plan an extended trip starting in the Dakotas and heading west. Debbie and I would love to be able to run into you two when in Wyoming and maybe buy you guys dinner. Please stay in touch and hope to run inot you twdo again real soon. Later and have a great day.

codycarver

Really sorry we missed your last rally. I retire November and plan an extended trip starting in the Dakotas and heading west. Debbie and I would love to be able to run into you two when in Wyoming and maybe buy you guys dinner. Please stay in touch and hope to run inot you twdo again real soon. Later and have a great day.

When in Wyoming the best way to run into us is visiting Cody! We would love to have you buy us a meal or two. Let us know when your coming.

'Lil Guy'

Debbie and I will make it happen. Probably after the thaw.lol I retire November and I'm sure we'll wait for the ice to melt.
Later and have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.