EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NM, Albuquerque - 5/3/2018 to 5/6/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hey guys...

I was heading to Arizona, but with the rally only a couple of weeks away now I thought I'd just wander around southern New Mexico or maybe El Paso, Texas until the rally.

I'm in Elephant Butte right now...

Got any ideas on RV parks to check out?

Not sure about state parks as I don't have a sticker...not sure I want to buy one yet!

DaveTyler

Hello John D!! Looking forward to seeing you again! How is Elephant Butte? Thought that might be a good place for a New Mexico Rally? What do you think? Jim and Lynn Dykes are in the Ruidoso area right now. May be more expensive not sure.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
John the Hacienda Resort is a nice one in Las Cruces. White Sands is near there as is Alamogordo and El Paso.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

John, there are COE's just above Albuquerque. We're going to hang there after the rally for a couple of weeks before heading on to Pueblo. I don't think you're old enough for the senior pass but would still be cheaper than a park. Plus, you could tell us what we're getting into by describing the park for us, specifically site 23.lol Name is Cochiti Lake Area.
See you in a few weeks.

Chippendale

How about around El Paso...would like to add another state to my map!

So you are one of those who thinks by going to El Paso you will have seen Texas. Yeah, you will have seen the desert/arm pit of Texas, but not the "real Texas". You will need to spend months to see all of Texas, it is bigger than Colorado and Michigan combined. Come on down sometime and I will show you Central Texas, go out by Lubbock and Dave Tyler will show you the Cap Rock area, head up toward the Jacksonville/Tyler area and I bet the "Little Guy" will show you around though the Piney Woods, head down toward Houston and the Potts and Poole's will get you some good sea food. If you want to visit the tropics, head down to the Valley and I am sure some Heartlanders down there will show you around. When you have seen El Paso, you haven't seen much of Texas, in fact it isn't even in the same time zone.

JohnD

So you are one of those who thinks by going to El Paso you will have seen Texas. Yeah, you will have seen the desert/arm pit of Texas, but not the "real Texas". You will need to spend months to see all of Texas, it is bigger than Colorado and Michigan combined. Come on down sometime and I will show you Central Texas, go out by Lubbock and Dave Tyler will show you the Cap Rock area, head up toward the Jacksonville/Tyler area and I bet the "Little Guy" will show you around though the Piney Woods, head down toward Houston and the Potts and Poole's will get you some good sea food. If you want to visit the tropics, head down to the Valley and I am sure some Heartlanders down there will show you around. When you have seen El Paso, you haven't seen much of Texas, in fact it isn't even in the same time zone.

I've been to San Antonio and Marble Falls...and even got a speeding ticket in Blanco!

I also got a shot of the local wildlife...

TexasLonghorn-P9160221.jpg TexasDontMessWith-P9180413.jpg

VMooreSR

Hey guys...

I was heading to Arizona, but with the rally only a couple of weeks away now I thought I'd just wander around southern New Mexico or maybe El Paso, Texas until the rally.

Not sure about state parks as I don't have a sticker...not sure I want to buy one yet!

Hey John you don't need a sticker for New Mexico state parks, just pay the daily rate, usually $18 for full hook ups and $14 for water and electric.
Vince

Chippendale

I've been to San Antonio and Marble Falls...and even got a speeding ticket in Blanco!

I also got a shot of the local wildlife...

View attachment 57263 View attachment 57264
I apologize, looks like you have had at least a little exposure to God's Country, just have never spent the night in an RV on this side of the state line. Whatever, in spite of any thing Don Smith tells you, you will be welcome in our neck of the woods anytime.

Pokiejoe

I apologize, looks like you have had at least a little exposure to God's Country, just have never spent the night in an RV on this side of the state line. Whatever, in spite of any thing Don Smith tells you, you will be welcome in our neck of the woods anytime.
Now George l have not said anything bad about Texas yet, key word yet !!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

quadman

Hey guys...

Hi John,
I've stayed at Elephant Butte state park off and on for the last 44 years. They have water and electric for $14.00 a night. They also have an rv dump on your way out. Always enjoyed it there. Can get windy at times.

JohnD

Hey John you don't need a sticker for New Mexico state parks, just pay the daily rate, usually $18 for full hook ups and $14 for water and electric.
Vince

Cool...that changes everything!

I've decided to stay put for a few days due to the big wind storm coming in this afternoon.

Supposed to have 30 MPH sustained winds and up to 65 MPH gusts tomorrow when I was supposed to be leaving here.

Don't wanna be pullin' in that! :eek:

I'm getting ready to run in to town to get a haircut as I'm now starting to look either like a dog or a hippie...not sure which! :p

Then when I get back I'm gonna button down the hatches and then drink some beer! :cool:

JohnD

Hi John,
I've stayed at Elephant Butte state park off and on for the last 44 years. They have water and electric for $14.00 a night. They also have an rv dump on your way out. Always enjoyed it there. Can get windy at times.

That is about a mile down the road from where I'm at...Monticello RV Park.

$13.50 per night (AOR - 3 nights max) or $70 + electric per week for full hookups.

I just added another week this morning, and even if I leave on Monday or Tuesday it works out to be less than the AOR price.

The wind just started kickin'...just got done bungee cording and cable locking stuff to the bottom of the trailer and going to put the sewer hose away before the big winds blow through later tonight!

VMooreSR

Cool...that changes everything!

I've decided to stay put for a few days due to the big wind storm coming in this afternoon.

Supposed to have 30 MPH sustained winds and up to 65 MPH gusts tomorrow when I was supposed to be leaving here.

Don't wanna be pullin' in that! :eek:

I'm getting ready to run in to town to get a haircut as I'm now starting to look either like a dog or a hippie...not sure which! :p

Then when I get back I'm gonna button down the hatches and then drink some beer! :cool:

Going to Very windy Thursday and almost as bad Friday, good thing you're staying a few days.
Be Safe, Vince

JohnD

We flew in to San Antonio from Denver, so my driving was basically San Antonio to Marble Falls (Lake LBJ), and the road in between.

BBCcoffeecup-small.jpg TexasCowboyChurch-P9150028.jpg

TexasAlamoEntrance-P9150065.jpg walker_jpg_Par_0001_Image_257.jpg

OK...we now return our broadcast back to original programing! :cool:

'Lil Guy'

OK...we now return our broadcast back to original programing! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Good. Now Don can get back to the important issues. Has anyone else been considering what they might bring to the Breakfast Extravaganza Friday morning? Our group of Texans are getting anxious to head your way. Really looking forward to another great N. Mex. rally. We'll be puling in early Wednesday with our rally hats on. We know you have to build off of your 1st rally as Chapter Leader but I'm confident this is going to be the MOAR's.lol I just hope all of us old fogeys can stand all the excitement you have planned for us. The Unacceptables are all ready for a good rally so let the games begin. See everyone soon and safe travels to Albuquerque for everyone. Won't be long now.

JohnD

Anything I can cook you may not want for breakfast...

I'm pretty good at coffee and donuts, though!

I can bring the Pepto... :eek:

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
JohnD:
You are selling yourself short! That Road Kill you cooked for me last year was really tender!
I would suggest however, next time you skin the animal before serving it!

JohnD

JohnD:
You are selling yourself short! That Road Kill you cooked for me last year was really tender!
I would suggest however, next time you skin the animal before serving it!

Well...I don't have a lawnmower anymore, so my hunting days are over! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.