EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: ON, Cherry Valley - 6/15/2018 to 6/17/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
Hello Mike & Donna! Just confirming we have booked in for the rally (Nascar loss the toss )! Reservations have been made with Quinte Isle on Site#610 arriving June 14th and departing June 17th. HOC#3127.

Looking out my window and watching the predicted 20cm snow starting to come down, storm warnings out....June can't come fast enough!!

Glad to hear your coming. Will put you on the list. Yuck to the snow, but sure we will get it soon also.

KenandKK

Hi Mike and Donna,
Just to let you know... we booked for June 13 to 18th on Site#611. Sounded like a good time we couldn't pass up.. eh!;)

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
Hi Mike and Donna,
Just to let you know... we booked for June 13 to 18th on Site#611. Sounded like a good time we couldn't pass up.. eh!;)

sounds great. i have the details but excuse me as last name escapes me. i think you will love the area.

ILH

Mike,

I thought I should correct the dates you've got for our arrival as well as our site number. We are arriving June 14, leaving the 17. We are on site 617. Joanne and Fred are on site 616.

Won't be long now...

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
Mike,

I thought I should correct the dates you've got for our arrival as well as our site number. We are arriving June 14, leaving the 17. We are on site 617. Joanne and Fred are on site 616.

Won't be long now...

you got a new truck i see :)

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
GOLFING! I have scoped out three golf course close by with picton golf club being the closest at about 30 min away. They have given me a discount from $55 to $45 for green fees(10 or more golfers) but unfortunately $16.50 per rider for the cart($61.50 total). Fortunately that will be a little cheaper for our american friends ;-). I would like to know who wants to play a round probably on the friday. If we get less than 10 golfers i will have to see what cost will be and we can decide. Indicate thru the event tab if your interested and i will keep a list. Ty.

porthole

Retired
Silly game - hit a little white ball as far as you can - then chase it :rolleyes:

Do you know if fishing is an option in the area?

I know, another silly sport - drop a piece of funny looking fake food in the water and wait for some fish dumb enough to mistake it for real food.

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
There has been an inquiry about fishing for some strange reason ;-). Im sure there are many places near the park where you could go and drop your line in the water and wait and wait and wait for a fish to finally take a nibble. In case you would like to arrange a fishing charter/trip or boat rental for a day here is the website for a place not far from the park....www.merlandpark.com. Looks like a nice place duane!

Hi Mike,
Just wanted to let you know Chuck and I are extending our stay, we called the campground and moved up our arrival date to Monday, June 11th still leaving on Sunday, June 17th. Paul Simon has a concert scheduled for the 12th in Toronto so we got tickets and will be going to that prior to the Rally. We should still be in site 606.
Thank you.

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
Hi Mike,
Just wanted to let you know Chuck and I are extending our stay, we called the campground and moved up our arrival date to Monday, June 11th still leaving on Sunday, June 17th. Paul Simon has a concert scheduled for the 12th in Toronto so we got tickets and will be going to that prior to the Rally. We should still be in site 606.
Thank you.

Thats great. I made the date change.

porthole

Retired
OK - we are ready - officially.

Got our passports renewed and opted for the Travel Card as well, see how that works out.

Hopefully they will now let us in and back out again.

Attachments

• Passport_card.jpeg
    Passport_card.jpeg
    361.5 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.