EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: ON, McGregor - 6/5/2015 to 6/7/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim-Lynn

Mike, I have not called them as to leaving the trailer there, I was going to arrange when I book the weekend. If I can't leave it there, I do have a brother - in law in Leamington.

Tundra2084

We plan on attending the Ontario Rally again this year,then Frank has to go back to work for a week then we will be making our way to the Goshen Rally if all goes as planned.

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
Thread #1 has been updated to reflect a change in the registration date and the toll free phone number.

To date, we have 28 members who have indicated they will attend. Looks like another great turnout!

ILH

As of Monday (Feb 23 @ 12:47 EST), there are 17 Ontario members registered for Goshen. Hopefully most of these will also be attending the Ontario rally too.

rfournelle

As of Monday (Feb 23 @ 12:47 EST), there are 17 Ontario members registered for Goshen. Hopefully most of these will also be attending the Ontario rally too.

Actually, as of now, 14 of the Goshen members have indicated they will attend the Ontario rally. This will be a good turnout.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
How are your numbers coming together? I attended the McGregor along with SOB owners Doug and Karen Wood about four years ago. We are both thinking of coming to this rally if there is time. Please let me know.

rfournelle

How are your numbers coming together? I attended the McGregor along with SOB owners Doug and Karen Wood about four years ago. We are both thinking of coming to this rally if there is time. Please let me know.

Hi Chuck, your timing could not be better!

Registration opens Monday, March 23rd. See post # 1 on how to register.

So far, based on a survey we sent out to the Ontario members in February, we have 27 who have indicated they plan to attend.

Christine and I remember you and Saundra at the first Ontario chapter rally in June 2009. We had a total of only seven rigs at that event. How things have changed!

We would love to see you and the Woods again. It will be fun!

Bob

Dale Smith

It seems like our rally dates for Ontario chapter, are now the weekend prior to the National Pre Rally dates? I was under the understanding, that we were having our rally, immediately before the National Rally itself.
With this new understanding, and not wanting to be in the Goshen area for two weeks, it appears like we will head home again for a few days, prior to leaving for the true national rally dates.
Not sure if this got changed or I just always misunderstood it?
This may become an issue with a number of our attendees who are not realizing that this will mean that they will be out on the road for three weeks, if they do the Ontario rally, the national rally Pre days, and then the actual national rally.

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
It seems like our rally dates for Ontario chapter, are now the weekend prior to the National Pre Rally dates? I was under the understanding, that we were having our rally, immediately before the National Rally itself.
With this new understanding, and not wanting to be in the Goshen area for two weeks, it appears like we will head home again for a few days, prior to leaving for the true national rally dates.
This may become an issue with a number of our attendees who are not realizing that this will mean that they will be out on the road for three weeks, if they do the Ontario rally, the national rally Pre days, and then the actual national rally.

thats right dale.....donna and i have to come home for a week. you can leave your rig at wildwood if you have to come home so you dont have to haul it. see my posting earlier. valerie has been nice enough to let us keep it there for $5 a day and plugged in to. we plan to be in goshen june 14th. looking forward to seeing you both at wildwood!

rfournelle

Hi Dale & Alice,

I think the arrangements Mike made with Wildwood to leave the unit there and pick it up later is an awesome alternate, at a very reasonable cost, to bringing it back home. As a matter of fact, the gas you save driving home and back without the trailer will probably more than cover the cost of storage.

As to the reason why we selected the June 5 - 7 dates, comments we received from members in the past was that many skipped the Ontario rally in order to attend pre-rally activities in Goshen. This was validated in our survey where a number of members indicated their intent to attend the pre-rally. Having missed the pre-rally in 2013, we too are part of this group. To accommodate these individuals, we chose the dates noted above. The fact that members could leave their units behind, plugged in, and in a secure facility was a bonus. This allows everyone the option of attending Ontario/pre-rally/Goshen, Ontario/Goshen or Ontario only. A win-win for all.

Bob

Dale Smith

Thank you Bob and Christine and also Mike and Donna, for your input on the trailer issue after MacGregor. I think I just made an assumption on my own that we would be on the weekend right before the national rally. You know what they say about assumptions!

Yes, we will be getting a hold of Wildwood Park, and making arrangements to leave our trailer, while we had home for a week, prior to our trip to Goshen.

We also are monitoring our time in the United States as there is a possibility that we would go to Arizona in the fall, and just come home for Christmas and fly back down. This is why we are also limiting our time out of Canada this summer.
We leave the Valley of the Sun on 8 April, and we will be home sometime before 13 April. Look forward to seeing everyone in MacGregor.

Dale

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
Thank you Bob and Christine and also Mike and Donna, for your input on the trailer issue after MacGregor. I think I just made an assumption on my own that we would be on the weekend right before the national rally. You know what they say about assumptions!

Yes, we will be getting a hold of Wildwood Park, and making arrangements to leave our trailer, while we had home for a week, prior to our trip to Goshen.

We also are monitoring our time in the United States as there is a possibility that we would go to Arizona in the fall, and just come home for Christmas and fly back down. This is why we are also limiting our time out of Canada this summer.
We leave the Valley of the Sun on 8 April, and we will be home sometime before 13 April. Look forward to seeing everyone in MacGregor.

Dale
hi dale and alice......we are going back to get our rig on june 13th and then leave for goshen with a plan to arrive on sunday the 14th. does that line up when your picking up your rig. if so maybe we can travel together. just a thought. let us know when you have a chance.

ILH

Linda and I just registered for the rally. We're on site #11-19. We arrive on June 4th - depart for Goshen on the 9th. I presume there will be others making the trip on the same date? Looking forward to our first Ontario rally.

Correction... Our second Ontario rally. Lost my mind there for a bit....

Last edited:

rfournelle

Linda and I just registered for the rally. We're on site #11-19. We arrive on June 4th - depart for Goshen on the 9th. I presume there will be others making the trip on the same date? Looking forward to our first Ontario rally.

Out of seven registrations received on March 23rd, three will be leaving on June 9th for Goshen. Based on other information we have, it looks like an additional three would depart for Goshen on the same date. Al & Kim Sherwin have volunteered to organize a group travel to Goshen.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting new friends.

rfournelle

Post # 1 has been revised with updated rally information, list of attendees and site numbers.

asherwin

Bob, when would you like folks to indicate their interest in golf? Let me be the first. Looking forward to a great chapter rally.

rfournelle

Bob, when would you like folks to indicate their interest in golf? Let me be the first. Looking forward to a great chapter rally.

Now is a good time. Thanks Al.

I have updated post #1 with a "List of Golfers".

By the way Al & Kim, I see you are signing up for pickle ball in Goshen. With Neil & Solange at the Ontario rally, maybe you can do a demo on how to play.

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
Now is a good time. Thanks Al.

I have updated post #1 with a "List of Golfers".

By the way Al & Kim, I see you are signing up for pickle ball in Goshen. With Neil & Solange at the Ontario rally, maybe you can do a demo on how to play.

i am in for the golf also. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.