EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Abilene - 3/12/2021 to 3/14/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
This has been hard times everywhere and we’re confident that the repairs will be done. Looking forward to seeing y’all too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey Rally-goers, I have posted a tentative agenda for the Rally on post 1.

SOME KEY THINGS:

We have our Dealer Sponsor returning, Haskell RV and Jason Pelz will be bringing rigs to show off!

We will have wine tasting on Friday by Traveling Vineyard. Samantha Pelz will be our Wine Guide. If you plan to attend, let us know by Wednesday, 3-10 so we can plan.

Now is the time to dust off your crock-pots and get your chili recipes ready! We are going to have a CHILI COOK OFF! Let's see who has the best West Texas Chili out there! Beans, or no beans, 5-alarm or mild, beef or venison, BRING YOUR BEST CHILI for the judges and for the main dish at our potluck Saturday night! If you plan to enter the competition, please let us know by Wednesday, 3-10, so we can plan.

We will have Swap and Sell Table, so bring your rv-related items you no longer need to sell or give away. (Please make sure they are in working order.)

Saturday Morning we will have "Lend a Hand" time, for those that need a hand with a simple rv repair or upgrade, that our attendees may be able to help with.

PLEASE CHECK FOR LOCAL COVID RESTRICTIONS BEFORE ARRIVING.

dwpkdavis

Hey Rally-goers, I have posted a tentative agenda for the Rally on post 1.

SOME KEY THINGS:

We have our Dealer Sponsor returning, Haskell RV and Jason Pelz will be bringing rigs to show off!

We will have wine tasting on Friday by Traveling Vineyard. Samantha Pelz will be our Wine Guide. If you plan to attend, let us know by Wednesday, 3-10 so we can plan.

Now is the time to dust off your crock-pots and get your chili recipes ready! We are going to have a CHILI COOK OFF! Let's see who has the best West Texas Chili out there! Beans, or no beans, 5-alarm or mild, beef or venison, BRING YOUR BEST CHILI for the judges and for the main dish at our potluck Saturday night! If you plan to enter the competition, please let us know by Wednesday, 3-10, so we can plan.

We will have Swap and Sell Table, so bring your rv-related items you no longer need to sell or give away. (Please make sure they are in working order.)

Saturday Morning we will have "Lend a Hand" time, for those that need a hand with a simple rv repair or upgrade, that our attendees may be able to help with.

PLEASE CHECK FOR LOCAL COVID RESTRICTIONS BEFORE ARRIVING.

Yes to bringing chili.

Two for the wine event.

esscobra

so weird - called to see about spot said they were full-

called back to see about waiting cancellation - list and and said i would inform you guys that place is full and then they had 1 spot left- so booked for spot 48-

had sent request from their webpage yesterday and inquired about that and she said oh we havent looked at those today

but at least i was able to secure a spot

TravelTiger

so weird - called to see about spot said they were full-

called back to see about waiting cancellation - list and and said i would inform you guys that place is full and then they had 1 spot left- so booked for spot 48-

had sent request from their webpage yesterday and inquired about that and she said oh we havent looked at those today

but at least i was able to secure a spot

I'll add you to the list, please tell us your arrival and departure dates!

TravelTiger

Sadly Mike & Kitty Burns, and Vickey & Mike Culpepper have had to cancel. We hope to see them at a future rally!!

jbeletti

Sadly Mike & Kitty Burns, and Vickey & Mike Culpepper have had to cancel. We hope to see them at a future rally!!

Bummer. I recall somewhere on FB that another couple wanted to come but there were no spaces. Maybe they'll see this.

TravelTiger

Bummer. I recall somewhere on FB that another couple wanted to come but there were no spaces. Maybe they'll see this.

Jim, I spoke to the park earlier today, and yes, they have created a waiting list. If and when any sites from our rally group open up, our wait list folks get first “dibs”, or if other sites in the park come available, they will call them as well.

jbeletti

Jim, I spoke to the park earlier today, and yes, they have created a waiting list. If and when any sites from our rally group open up, our wait list folks get first “dibs”, or if other sites in the park come available, they will call them as well.

Great. Not sure if this person from FB waitlisted or not and I don't recall their names. See you soon!

TravelTiger

Great. Not sure if this person from FB waitlisted or not and I don't recall their names. See you soon!

The Halliburtons did get in! So we have 22 rigs. Sadly the park is completely full, so unless there is a cancellation, they are unable to add more to our rally as of Sunday, 3-7.

Abobnow

Greetings all Rally Goers!!! Anyone interested in playing golf Thursday morning, please respond to this soonest. On Monday morning I will try to set up T-times. Sorry for the short notice!! I'm not too versed in this forum, so if you're on Facebook, please also reply to my posts on both the Heartland RV Owners group and/or the Heartland West Texas chapter group.

Bob Anderson

TravelTiger

Just a reminder as we kick off the FIRST HOC RALLY OF THE SEASON!

1pm bring Swap and Sell items to clubhouse. Tags, pens and tape will be a available there to label your items.

1pm - 5pm Heartland demo coaches, up by the Clubhouse, will be open for touring. Jason Pelz of Haskell RV and SPECIAL GUEST Matt Tufflemire, Heartland GM for Big Country and ElkRidge, will be there to answer questions.

3pm - 4:30pm Traveling Vineyard Wine tasting at the Clubhouse, with Wine Guide Samantha Pelz. Most folks coming have RSVP’d for this but if you haven’t let us know ASAP.

6:30pm Ice Cream Meet & Greet, announcements and introductions, wear your name tags if you have them.

NOTE: Masks are not required in the Clubhouse, but if you feel a need to wear one, please do! We will have plenty of room for social distancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.