EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Abilene - 3/13/2020 to 3/15/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We drove out and had a great visit today with Jason Pelz, one of the owners of Haskell RV. They have agreed to be our Dealer Sponsor this year for our rally, and I am super-excited about their participation!

Jason and his wife Samantha,and her parents, Bill & Pam, own and run Haskell RV in Haskell, Texas. It’s a fairly small dealership, with the majority of their RVs being Heartlands: Prowler, Wilderness, ElkRidge, Big Country, Landmark & Road Warrior.

They have a great selection of parts and a nice service department. While we were there, Jason had to take a few calls. One was for someone needing service. He told the caller they could probably get it in for service on Tuesday. The caller wanted to bring their coach (not purchased from Haskell RV) in today (Saturday), and even though they closed at 2pm, Jason offered to stay and wait for them. How’s that for taking care of folks?!

Some things to look forward to:

Haskell RV will be providing the BBQ brisket and sausage for our potluck!

Haskell RV will be bringing some new Heartlands to our rally for us to tour!

Haskell RV will be providing some door prizes!

Not only do these owners sell and personally work on RVs, they use them, too. And they are coming to our rally!!!

Jason and his wife and kids will be joining us in their ElkRidge, and Bill & Pam in their Jayco.

Please let them know how glad we are they are part of the Heartland Family, and how thankful we are of their support!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Hi All, I've posted a Tentative Rally Agenda on Post 1! See here attached as well.

HOC Abilene Rally Agenda 2020.jpg

TravelTiger

Hey Rally Attendees!

We've decided that as we all prepare for the first rally of the Spring (or closest to it!) We all may need to do some spring cleaning! Bring anything rv-related item you'd like to sell, or just offer up free for the taking, and we will have a "SPRING SWAP-AND-SELL TABLE" at the Clubhouse. I'll have pricing/info tickets for you to attach to your items, so people can tell who to get ahold of if they want your item!

Have fun spring cleaning! -- feel free to post an item you'll be offering up, prior to the rally, here on the forum. You might get someone interested before you even arrive!

caolynft

Hey Rally Attendees!

We've decided that as we all prepare for the first rally of the Spring (or closest to it!) We all may need to do some spring cleaning! Bring anything rv-related item you'd like to sell, or just offer up free for the taking, and we will have a "SPRING SWAP-AND-SELL TABLE" at the Clubhouse. I'll have pricing/info tickets for you to attach to your items, so people can tell who to get ahold of if they want your item!

Have fun spring cleaning! -- feel free to post an item you'll be offering up, prior to the rally, here on the forum. You might get someone interested before you even arrive!

Gene Tice
Carolyn Tice
Unfortunately, Gene's heart transplant has a little blip right now. Our transplant team says he's not to go further than 3 hours away. So, we are very sad to say we won't be making the rally. We hope everyone has a great time and we hope to see everyone at Regional. Let the fun begin!!

TravelTiger

Gene Tice
Carolyn Tice
Unfortunately, Gene's heart transplant has a little blip right now. Our transplant team says he's not to go further than 3 hours away. So, we are very sad to say we won't be making the rally. We hope everyone has a great time and we hope to see everyone at Regional. Let the fun begin!!

Oh no, Carolyn, sorry to hear, but totally understand. We’ll see y’all at the Regional!

TravelTiger

We had some minor updates to the agenda! We also may have some special guests, I am trying to get that info finalized in the next few days.

See below:

HOC Abilene Rally Agenda 2020 updated 3-9-20.jpg

TravelTiger

Lots of folks have already arrived! We have 9 rigs in right now, and 8 more coming!

We are looking at having some kind of impromptu “gathering” this afternoon/early evening, as our Club President, Jim Beletti has offered to cook hotdogs. We also anticipate Heartland’s Matt Tuffelmire, regional rep, and Matt Olds, Brand GM for Big Country, Elkridge and more to be joining us as well!

Exact time and place TBD based on their schedules and the weather! Stay tuned!

TravelTiger

HOT DOG DINNER AND SOCIALIZING WITH HEARTLAND REPS

Our Club President, Jim Beletti has offered to cook hotdogs. Heartland’s Matt Tuffelmire, regional rep, and Matt Olds, Brand GM for Big Country, Elkridge and more to be joining us as well!

5PM today 3-12-20 at the Clubhouse! Just bring a drink!

TravelTiger

Rally goers:

Agenda for today, Friday March 13th!

Enjoy Abilene on your own!

2:00 - 4:00pm Demo coaches from Haskell RV (located in the Clubhouse parking lot) will be open and they will be available to give you a tour, to talk about new features and amenities on these new floor plans. The decor is stunning, and the floor plans are innovative! (I hear a Landmark is also on its way!)

6:30pm Ice Cream Meet & Greet, bring a drink, wear your name badge, and bring your White Elephant gift. Instructions in your Rally bag for the White Elephant!

7:15 White Elephant Swap

Until 11pm Clubhouse open for games and visiting... we have round tables for Mexican Train!

TravelTiger

We had a great meet and greet last night!

Agenda for Saturday, 3-14-20

Rally goers! Events have already started! Don’t forget Mary Kay demo happening 9:30-11:30,
9-11, 1-4 demo coaches are open! 2-3 get a personal tour with Haskell RV!
5:45pm is the official rally photo, and 6:00pm is our BBQ potluck!

Check your agenda for details!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
For those interested here is a link to an attendee list for this rally.
It is in Excel format. You can download it, pringt it or just look through it...

West Texas Chapter Rally Attendee List

If you have any problems opening or locating the list please let me know..

Updated: The link includes the access to all the photos I posted for the rally...

BC

Last edited:

jbeletti

Nice work Bob.

Attaching here as PDF.

Attachments

• West Texas Chapter Rally Attendee List.pdf
    700.3 KB · Views: 14

TravelTiger

Last day of the rally, Sunday March 15, we have remaining kolaches, donuts and fruit (plus fresh brewed coffee) in the clubhouse for those who want it, from 8am -9:30 or until it’s gone.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
It was another great rally Erika. Thank you and Tony for all your work that went into it. Just sorry the weather didn't cooperate so much.

jbeletti

I agree with Jay - with a shout out to Tony and Erika. Great job with your 5th season Chapter Rally. Your club really appreciates you guys and your efforts.

See a bunch of you in Montgomery in a couple weeks.

TravelTiger

18573c57cafc6f95abc42c0c74129363.jpg

Thanks Bobcat for the great group photo!

Status
Not open for further replies.