EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Alpine - 3/17/2017 to 3/19/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

avvidclif

Nearly everyone is here, and we are already having a good time. There has been an impromptu hotdog cookout, a trip to the McDonald Observatory, and a Marfa Mystery Lights viewing. Others have toured Fort Davis Historic Site, Traveled through Big Bend National Park, and more. The official rally agenda begins Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are making me envious since I HAD to cancel.... Grrrr

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
White elephant at the meet n greet
5e8e07bd712274c1bb64780596470979.jpg
038f17f05422ac5a1c3396c711631a92.jpg

travelin2

Mike, what's for supper???
3228c245431f071786ddd975fd85140f.jpg

The smoker is smoking!!!!

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Mike and his assistant Jim did an awesome job on the brisket, ribs, chicken, and sausage. Thanks for a great meal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mike and his assistant Jim did an awesome job on the brisket, ribs, chicken, and sausage. Thanks for a great meal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, "HornedToad" Mike did an amazing smoked meat dinner for us. A bunch of others helped slice and serve. We had sides of beans and potato salad also supplied by Mike and Helen.

The Chapter provided green beans, corn, salad, bread and cobbler.

It was a great meal!

Afterwards, we had raffle drawing and auction for a variety of items supplied by Torklift, Origen, Mopeka, Pharr RVs, RV Lock, RVProbes.com and more.

We've had a fun rally!

VKTalley

Thank you, Erika and Tony, for a great rally! Enjoyed seeing everyone and having a great time wandering around the area sightseeing. Mike (HornedToad) and Helen, thank you for all the good food last night! Remind me again the name of the white BBQ sauce you used...I can't remember what you told me. Safe travels, everyone and see you in either Kinder, LA, or Goshen, IN!

pegmikef

Thank you, Erika and Tony, for a great rally! Enjoyed seeing everyone and having a great time wandering around the area sightseeing. Mike (HornedToad) and Helen, thank you for all the good food last night! Remind me again the name of the white BBQ sauce you used...I can't remember what you told me. Safe travels, everyone and see you in either Kinder, LA, or Goshen, IN!

I want to second what Valerie said. A great rally, great food (Thanks Mike), good friends old and new, and we were sure never bored here in Alpine! Thanks again Erika and Tony. Everybody, please be safe in your travels.

dlw930

For those of you traveling from Alpine to Kinder on I-10, when do you plan to be coming through the Houston area? We're at Lake Conroe and plan to leave the 27th for LA.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Ditto!! Thank you Mike & Helen for the fabulous meats & beans. Thank you Erika & Tony for a great rally! You can't beat great food, friends old & new, and fun!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I've gotta agree, great rally, great food and great friends. Fun times in the Big Bend area.

@David, we're leaving here tomorrow and will overnight in Brookshire (west of Houston) on Tuesday, pulling into Kinder on Wednesday.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I've gotta agree, great rally, great food and great friends. Fun times in the Big Bend area.

@David, we're leaving here tomorrow and will overnight in Brookshire (west of Houston) on Tuesday, pulling into Kinder on Wednesday.

Wow y'all gonna be there a week before we get there.

travelin2

Thanks Erika and Tony for the Texas hospitality shown us this weekend. Made many new acquaintances and saw some others who had in the past made it east or north. Plus I was able to put faces with their forum handle as I'm sure was reciprocal with many.
Safe travels everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.