EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Athens - 10/15/2020 to 10/18/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Lil Guy'

Just doesn't seem to be any activity for this rally. No updates on attendance, etc. Is this rally still on?

Just a thought, but for people arriving early and don't mind a 50 minute drive, I can host a lake party with party barge tours of Lake Jacksonville. Having access to this 3 acre estate with 700 feet of lake frontage including a massive covered boat dock and boat house along with a huge carriage house overlooking the lake with a beautiful glassed prow. If anyone is interested, let me know. Will provide a brisket bbq with potato salad and beans. Plenty of concrete parking and easy in and out access. Would make a great day trip or even into the evening. I'll even give you a tour a 3600 SF RV barn awaiting the Prevost class A motor home.

Again, weather permitting, would love to have everyone over for the day and evening. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday so as to not interfere with the rally. Midday dinner will be upstairs overlooking the lake.
If interested, you can post up or even PM me. Maybe could be incorporated into the rally if anyone decides to update it.
Just a thought. Later and have a great day.

Would love to have everyone over.

Chippendale

Just doesn't seem to be any activity for this rally. No updates on attendance, etc. Is this rally still on?

Just a thought, but for people arriving early and don't mind a 50 minute drive, I can host a lake party with party barge tours of Lake Jacksonville. Having access to this 3 acre estate with 700 feet of lake frontage including a massive covered boat dock and boat house along with a huge carriage house overlooking the lake with a beautiful glassed prow. If anyone is interested, let me know. Will provide a brisket bbq with potato salad and beans. Plenty of concrete parking and easy in and out access. Would make a great day trip or even into the evening. I'll even give you a tour a 3600 SF RV barn awaiting the Prevost class A motor home.

Again, weather permitting, would love to have everyone over for the day and evening. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday so as to not interfere with the rally. Midday dinner will be upstairs overlooking the lake.
If interested, you can post up or even PM me. Maybe could be incorporated into the rally if anyone decides to update it.
Just a thought. Later and have a great day.

Would love to have everyone over.

Sorry I am not going to be able to make this, please take a lot of pictures so us unfortunates can see how the rich live.

George

'Lil Guy'

Let me clear something up George. Our cousin, Mike Smith, has graciously offered his home for this event if it takes place. Yes, he's got money. I don't. Debbie and I live in a van down by the river just across the dam.lol

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I spoke with Jason yesterday. He has been busy at work but hopes to get everything caught up very soon. Your offer sounds good Frank. Perhaps others will chime in.

LBallard

Lin and Debbie are going to the rally. Signed up a couple months ago. Guess I forgot to update.
Arrive Oct 12,
Depart Oct 18
Site # 123
See y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coltsdad

Texas-North Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hello all sorry I have not been on the forum in over a month. That dirty four letter word is really getting in our way now days. I have updated the attendee list and will get an agenda posted soon.

Audra and I are looking forward to seeing all of yall!

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hello all sorry I have not been on the forum in over a month. That dirty four letter word is really getting in our way now days. I have updated the attendee list and will get an agenda posted soon.

Audra and I are looking forward to seeing all of yall!

Well, our plans have changed, we thought Tony would not have the band at the football game, but now they found a way. So instead of arriving with the Big Country on Friday, we are driving in on Saturday morning and staying at the Park's Rental Trailer, a HEARTLAND Pioneer, in 116. ;)

'Lil Guy'

Sorry to have to cancel this rally. Debbie's 90 yr old mother has been in Hospital since May with a broken hip. They moved her to rehab shortly after operation and she's been there since. She bought into a new assisted living apartment in Jacksonville and it's finally going to open. This will be the 1st time Debbie will be able to actually see and talk to her mother in person. She feels it's better not to be around a group of people at this time.
Looking forward to seeing everyone at a later date.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Sorry you have to cancel Frank, but understandable. Regards and prayers for Debbie's mom.

coltsdad

Texas-North Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have the agenda update on the first post. Looks like we are in for some great weather this week!

Frank sorry yall are not going to be there but we understand.

jbeletti

AGENDA UPDATE

Friday morning Coffee and Donuts has been changed by consensus to Potluck Breakfast at 9 AM - most likely in the rally hall.

Who's committed to bringing what - so far as I know...

• Scrambled Eggs: Jim Beletti
  • Breakfast Meats: Club - and cooked by Marc Tubbs
  • Green Chile Sausage: Boyces and cooked by Marc Tubbs
  • Fried Potatoes: Lin Ballard
  • SOS: Finnegans
  • Biscuits: Nancy Anderson
  • Cinnamon Rolls: Barbara Wright
  • Pancakes: Stella Coffman
  • ?
  • ?

kmb1347

Mike and I had a great time at our first rally in Athens this past weekend. Thank you for making us feel welcome in this group.
We enjoyed meeting and visiting with those of you that we were able to and look forward to more adventures and getting to know the rest of you !
Just send me a separate schedule of activities - making my time earlier to be at the activities and then maybe I will be on time! lol
A very special thank you to Audra and Jason for planning the event and making us very comfortable being there !

Kitty

jbeletti

Well - since my post was lost in the data loss when the forum went down, I will paraphrase...

Thank you Jason and Audra for a fun rally. Laid back, still things to do in the area and a crafting time at the rally, ice cream social, BBQ meal etc.

Thank you Jason for letting me do the brisket. I think it turned out well. Thanks Marc Tubbs for sharpening out knives and for cooking the pork butts.

And how about that homemade smoked queso dip - that was fun to make and super tasty to eat.

Thank you Jay and Stella for being there and for all you do for your Region. Thank you to all who attended and made it fun.

Looking forward to the winter Meet and Greet if that comes to pass. And we'll see a number of attendees in a couple weeks in Onalaska at the South Texas rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.