EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Bullard - 10/9/2015 to 10/11/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveTyler

Just got back to the ranch from the rally. Thanks to all and enjoyed meeting everybody. Kathy and I look forward to the next one. Was good to learn new things and listen to all the stories. Still trying to figure which were true?
Best to all and those going South. Anyone gets close, stop in, $5.00 Cheaper than Good Sams and $10.00 if Heartland Member. 30 amp and 50amp. Does not include breakfast. Thanks to Nancy and her body guard, Dave! Regards
to all. Dave and Kathy

teasac69

Was a great rally and as everyone has acknowledged, not without a lot of hard work by Nancy and Dave to organize and prepare. I didn't see us mention the great donation by Explore USA Canton for the dinner but just want to say a big thank you to them as well. Also, I am grateful for the help Ron Russell and Performance Brakes did in helping me get my brakes installed. We have driven about 350 miles since and they are working fine, stopping good, still breaking in I'm sure.

For those who knew about our trials and tribulations with the other stuff, it's just too weird that my coach could go out of warranty and about 1 week later start to experience several problems. We got the Level Up wiring under control finally and so far so good, it is working correctly. (Jim you need to see these pictures of this mess, Heartland should be ashamed of letting that mess get out of the plant).

We have also developed trouble with a gate valve, the level indicator lights suddenly don't read correctly and my remote won't work with the bedroom slide. All since the warranty expired. :(

We are thankful most of all for the fellowship and connections we made with new friends and hope to cross paths with you guys again on the trail.

thanks for everyone's kindness. Now on the search and read and learn again on this wonderful forum for answers to my problems that have developed (post warranty).

Also, thanks Dave for that tip on the tire step. Northern tool has the 300 lb capacity one on sale now for $24.99 if anyone needs a little boost to reach into the bed of your truck. This device slips over the rear tire and gives you an expanded metal step to easily reach anything or even climb into the back of your truck. Getting one at Northern in Tyler today.

Happy Trails folks, until we meet again.

David-and-Cheryl

For those who knew about our trials and tribulations with the other stuff, it's just too weird that my coach could go out of warranty and about 1 week later start to experience several problems. We got the Level Up wiring under control finally and so far so good, it is working correctly. (Jim you need to see these pictures of this mess, Heartland should be ashamed of letting that mess get out of the plant).

We have also developed trouble with a gate valve, the level indicator lights suddenly don't read correctly and my remote won't work with the bedroom slide. All since the warranty expired. :(

Tim & Beckey - sorry to hear about all your post-warranty problems! We bought our rig used, just out of warranty, so we also purchased a third party warranty plan from WholesaleWarranties.com. It was about $2,200 for four years of coverage. It's the broadest coverage you can buy; the policy is "exclusionary" so everything is covered unless it's specifically excluded, and it even covers damage to a covered part caused by failure of a non-covered part. Well, about 3 months after we got the rig, one of our Dometic air conditioners developed a coolant leak, and the entire unit had to be replaced, to the tune of almost $1,500. We just paid a $100 deductible, and the warranty paid for the rest - so it's almost paid for itself already. I had gulped hard when I wrote that big check for the warranty, but now I'm so glad I did...it's almost paid for itself already, and we have 44 more months of coverage, so I'm sure something else will break before then!

They won't cover pre-existing problems, of course, but you can still get a warranty for anything that comes up in the future.

Also, thanks Dave for that tip on the tire step. Northern tool has the 300 lb capacity one on sale now for $24.99 if anyone needs a little boost to reach into the bed of your truck. This device slips over the rear tire and gives you an expanded metal step to easily reach anything or even climb into the back of your truck. Getting one at Northern in Tyler today.

Thanks for sharing this. I had no idea something like this existed. I've been carrying a stepladder around to get in and out of the bed of our F-450 when it's hitched. Here's a link to the product: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200631961_200631961. I'll be ordering one today!

Status
Not open for further replies.