Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
- Ole Towne Cotton Gin RV Park
- 230 Market St.
- Quanah, TX 79252
- Kim or Terry @ the RV Park 940-674-2477 (office open 8-10am, 4-6pm)
- Pets ok?: Yes
- Pet Fee: $0
- WiFi available: Yes
- WiFi Fee: $0
- SPECIAL SITES RESERVED FOR HANDICAPPED close to rally hall. Let park know if you want one of these sites.
- From: 3/11/2016 to: 3/13/2016
- Number of sites held: 14
- Register by end of day 2/10/2016
- Site fee: $35 (if all 10 sites filled, $5 discount per rally night) per night.
- Club Member Event fee:
- Non-Club Member fee: $20.00
- Potluck: Yes
- Potluck date: 3/12/2016
- Potluck time: 6pm
- T-shirts will be $16.75 or less, prepayment of $15.00 Due by Feb 5th.
- Event Leader: TravelTiger(click to contact)
We are excited to announce the Inaugural Heartland Owners Club Texas - WEST Chapter will have a rally in Goodlet, TX, a block off of US Hwy 287, just 8 miles west of Quanah, TX.
The RV park has a former cotton gin turned into a rec hall, convenience store, seasonal pool, partially shaded gravel pull-through sites, picnic tables, laundry and cable tv. Check-in is after 1PM. Please be aware that there is a train that runs near the park several times a day.
In nearby Quanah, TX find unique shopping and antiques, the Acme & Pacific Railroad Museum housing Quanah Parker artifacts and other unique local memorabilia; the Former Hardeman County Jail/Museum; and just south, Copper Breaks State Park. Also nearby, Childress, TX offers a WalMart, many places to eat and shop, and Stoney Ridge municipal golf course.
When you make reservations, tell the RV Park you are attending the Heartland Owners Club - West Texas Rally. After reservations are made, please post in this thread, PM or email TravelTiger so you can be added to the list.
We have 10 pull-through sites reserved. If the sites are not reserved by February 10, 2016, the sites will be released back to the park. After February 10, 2016 reservations can still be made, but the site may not be close to the group. Also note there is a $5 fee for any cancellation; 1 day fee charged 2 days prior to check in.
T-shirts for the Inaugural Heartland Owners Club West Texas Chapter Rally will be available for purchase. Design and cost TBD.
1. Tony & Erika Dorsey (TravelTiger) (site 18) XL 2XL attending: 8-13
2. Jay & Stella Coffman (Jayc) (site 23) XL 2XL (T-paid) attending: 8-14
3. Dave & Kathy Tyler (DaveTyler) (site 26) XL 2XL (t-paid) attending: 8-13
4. Mike & Peg Finnegan (pegmikef) (site 24) M M (t-paid) attending: 8-14
5. Jim & Nancy Beletti (JimB) (site 19) attending: 9-14
6. Dave Seabolt & Nancy Anderson (nander) (site 22) L XL (t-paid) attending: 10-14
7. Dee & Ted Davis (Ted_Dee) (site 21) L XL (t-paid)
8. Rex & Karen Bristol (Rxbristol) (site 25) XL 2XL (t-paid) attending: 9-14
9. Clif & Millie Holland (avvidclif) (site 35) XL 2XL (t-paid) attending: 10-13
10. Mike & Anna McKenzie (ShortestStraw) (site 29) 10-13
11. Mike & Helen Bowden (HornedToad) (site 30) 2XL 2XL (t-paid)
12. David & Donna Williams (dlw930) (site 34) L XL (t-paid) attending: 9-14
13. Corbin & Flora Tayloe (ctayloe07)(site 20) XL XL (t-paid) attending: 9-14
14. Lin & Debbie Ballard (LBallard) (site 36) XL, L (t-paid) attending: 10-13
15. Bob Curry (TXBobcat) (site 5) attending: 8-14
16. Larry & Mary Ann Oberbeck (9-Larry) (site 4) attending: 9-13
More sites are probably available! Please call the park!!
(Not attending but want shirts Andy & Joanna Grimes 3XL 3XL) (t-paid)
Here is the OFFICIAL Rally agenda -- make sure you look at the latest, currently dated 3-10-16:
View attachment Full Agenda 3-10-16.pdf
Potluck Breakfast - Who's Bringing What?
Erika & Tony - donuts
Mike & Peg - juice, jelly, syrup, butter
Jim & Nancy - scrambled eggs
Dave & Nancy - sausage
Cif & Millie - coffee or other
Mike & Helen - coffee
David & Donna - fruit
Lin & Debbie - smoked sausage
Mike & Helen - pancakes (backup for bacon if needed)
Larry & Mary Ann - fruit
Some of Our Sponsors: Torklift (maker of GlowStep), RVLock, Origen (maker of SnapPads), Progressive Industries, Pharr RVs (Lubbock, TX), Quanah Chamber of Commerce, Performance Trailer Braking, 501 Winery