EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Quanah - 3/11/2016 to 3/13/2016

Are you interested in the 501 Winery Wine Tasting & Snacks Event, Sat. March 12?

• Yes! I understand it will cost $10 per person.

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No, thanks anyway!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Venue:
------------------------------
  • Ole Towne Cotton Gin RV Park
  • 230 Market St.
  • Quanah, TX 79252
  • Kim or Terry @ the RV Park 940-674-2477 (office open 8-10am, 4-6pm)
  • www.oletowncottonginrvpark.com
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $0
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: $0
  • SPECIAL SITES RESERVED FOR HANDICAPPED close to rally hall. Let park know if you want one of these sites.

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 14
  • Register by end of day 2/10/2016
  • Site fee: $35 (if all 10 sites filled, $5 discount per rally night) per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20.00
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 3/12/2016
  • Potluck time: 6pm
  • T-shirts will be $16.75 or less, prepayment of $15.00 Due by Feb 5th.

• Event Leader: TravelTiger(click to contact)

Additional Info:
We are excited to announce the Inaugural Heartland Owners Club Texas - WEST Chapter will have a rally in Goodlet, TX, a block off of US Hwy 287, just 8 miles west of Quanah, TX.

The RV park has a former cotton gin turned into a rec hall, convenience store, seasonal pool, partially shaded gravel pull-through sites, picnic tables, laundry and cable tv. Check-in is after 1PM. Please be aware that there is a train that runs near the park several times a day.

In nearby Quanah, TX find unique shopping and antiques, the Acme & Pacific Railroad Museum housing Quanah Parker artifacts and other unique local memorabilia; the Former Hardeman County Jail/Museum; and just south, Copper Breaks State Park. Also nearby, Childress, TX offers a WalMart, many places to eat and shop, and Stoney Ridge municipal golf course.

When you make reservations, tell the RV Park you are attending the Heartland Owners Club - West Texas Rally. After reservations are made, please post in this thread, PM or email TravelTiger so you can be added to the list.

We have 10 pull-through sites reserved. If the sites are not reserved by February 10, 2016, the sites will be released back to the park. After February 10, 2016 reservations can still be made, but the site may not be close to the group. Also note there is a $5 fee for any cancellation; 1 day fee charged 2 days prior to check in.

T-shirts for the Inaugural Heartland Owners Club West Texas Chapter Rally will be available for purchase. Design and cost TBD.

Attendees:

1. Tony & Erika Dorsey (TravelTiger) (site 18) XL 2XL attending: 8-13
2. Jay & Stella Coffman (Jayc) (site 23) XL 2XL (T-paid) attending: 8-14
3. Dave & Kathy Tyler (DaveTyler) (site 26) XL 2XL (t-paid) attending: 8-13
4. Mike & Peg Finnegan (pegmikef) (site 24) M M (t-paid) attending: 8-14
5. Jim & Nancy Beletti (JimB) (site 19)
attending: 9-14
6. Dave Seabolt & Nancy Anderson (nander) (site 22) L XL (t-paid) attending: 10-14
7. Dee & Ted Davis (Ted_Dee) (site 21) L XL (t-paid)
8. Rex & Karen Bristol (Rxbristol) (site 25) XL 2XL (t-paid)
9. Clif & Millie
Holland (avvidclif) (site 35) XL 2XL (t-paid) attending: 10-13
10. Mike & Anna McKenzie (ShortestStraw) (site 29) 10-13
11. Mike & Helen Bowden (HornedToad) (site 30) 2XL 2XL (t-paid)
12. David & Donna Williams (dlw930) (site 34) L XL (t-paid)
13. Corbin & Flora Tayloe (ctayloe07)(site 20) XL XL (t-paid)
14. Lin & Debbie Ballard (LBallard) (site 36) XL, L (t-paid) attending: 10-13
15. Bob Curry (TXBobcat) (site 5) attending: 8-14
16. Larry & Mary Ann Oberbeck (9-Larry) (site 4) attending: 9-13

More sites are probably available! Please call the park!!

(Not attending but want shirts Andy & Joanna Grimes 3XL 3XL)
(t-paid)

Here is the OFFICIAL Rally agenda -- make sure you look at the latest, currently dated 3-10-16:

View attachment Full Agenda 3-10-16.pdf

Potluck Breakfast - Who's Bringing What?

Erika & Tony - donuts
Mike & Peg - juice, jelly, syrup, butter
Jim & Nancy - scrambled eggs
Dave & Nancy - sausage
Cif & Millie - coffee or other
Mike & Helen - coffee
David & Donna - fruit
Lin & Debbie - smoked sausage
Mike & Helen - pancakes (backup for bacon if needed)
Larry & Mary Ann - fruit

Some of Our Sponsors: Torklift (maker of GlowStep), RVLock, Origen (maker of SnapPads), Progressive Industries, Pharr RVs (Lubbock, TX), Quanah Chamber of Commerce, Performance Trailer Braking, 501 Winery

Attachments

• RallyAgenda-Tentative1-24-16.pdf
    990.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Rally Agenda-Tentative 2-15-16.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
You know we'll be there. Couldn't miss an inaugural rally! I'll take one tee shirt, size XL.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
While we would love to make it out that way we will have to pass since our spring rally is the next weekend. I would like a couple of shirts if you end up doing them. Just PM me how much for 2 size 3x shirts. I know you will have an awesome design.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Hi all, Tony and I are very excited about the first West Texas Rally. Because of work, Tony's "spring break" is the only feasible time for us to do a spring rally.

We spent quite some time looking at a number of venues -- one that would be close to the majority of active members in the west Texas region, and one that met the criteria for a typical rally -- nice level pull throughs, a good meeting hall, things to do and see nearby, and good food establishments.

From our scouting, this looks like a great rally location!

We hope to see many of you there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveTyler

Dave and Kathy will be there. Kinda in the neighborhood. One note is that Walmart is only about 10 miles away in Childress. I know that George may come now. The lady said to think about maybe warm clothes. March 10-13th.
Two t-shirts needed, 1 XL and 2XL. This will get us ready for Weatherford? Site 26.

TravelTiger

Dave, Great to hear! Yes, March can be a little unpredictable in west Texas. We often like to go skiing in Colorado in March, and pass through Quanah on the way. It could be light jacket weather or SKI jacket weather. We'll have plans for whatever the weather brings us.

pegmikef

Erika, of course Peggy and I will be there, just don't know the dates yet. With the exception of Kerrville area rallies being the closest, this is what we out here in real west Texas consider close (anything under 250 miles and this is 221). I am amazed that you all managed to find the only route that I have never driven out here. I think it will be great! Thanks.

MrTravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders
Erika, of course Peggy and I will be there, just don't know the dates yet. With the exception of Kerrville area rallies being the closest, this is what we out here in real west Texas consider close (anything under 250 miles and this is 221). I am amazed that you all managed to find the only route that I have never driven out here. I think it will be great! Thanks.

As always we look forward to seeing you Peg and Mike. I am glad we found a new travel route for you. When Erika and I went to Quanah a few weeks ago we also were able to go on roads we had not been on before. In fact, I have lived in West Texas for over a year and have had many great discoveries out West.

- - - Updated - - -

Dave, Great to hear! Yes, March can be a little unpredictable in west Texas. We often like to go skiing in Colorado in March, and pass through Quanah on the way. It could be light jacket weather or SKI jacket weather. We'll have plans for whatever the weather brings us.

I might add that it may be t-shirt and shorts weather one day and heavy coat the next.

Chippendale

Since Dave Tyler checked and found out that there is a Walmart in the area, I guess I can attend. I plan on getting there on the 9th and leaving on the 14th. Office appears to be closed so I will try and make reservations next week when they are open.

George Speir

TravelTiger

Since Dave Tyler checked and found out that there is a Walmart in the area, I guess I can attend. I plan on getting there on the 9th and leaving on the 14th. Office appears to be closed so I will try and make reservations next week when they are open.

George Speir

It will be great to see you George!

jbeletti

The Belettis are planning to attend! I will circle back here with dates after I make reservations. Looking forward to coming to your inaugural rally! It worked out for us as we'll be coming back that way at that time :)

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
We plan to be there. We stayed here on our way home from Colorado. It's a nice park!

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Congrats to you both.. Sure hope that we can make it coming back from the west where ever we end up at.

avvidclif

I have Millie looking at the calendar. Hopefully it will be open and we can get together again. I still haven't used that dish, too busy just enjoying life to watch TV.

TravelTiger

I have Millie looking at the calendar. Hopefully it will be open and we can get together again. I still haven't used that dish, too busy just enjoying life to watch TV.

Ok let us know if you can make it! Would love to see you guys again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

I think the 'Lil Guy' will make this important event. Debbie and I will post back after we make reservations. We'd like to be part of your inaugural rally. See you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.