EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: UT, Vernal - 9/26/2013 to 9/29/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
This is the way Floyd works. He will blast someone with a water balloon (you never see it coming)......hightail it back to his LM and hide behind carol.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Dave Are you going to have a raffle? We have each rig bring a gift of $15 and raffle it help offset your costs. Floyd

We are not planning on anything for us but we will definitely be looking to raise some funds for local folks in need so any thoughts for that would be very welcome.

wino2

Great idea Dave. Here's my suggestions
1. Local Animal Shelters
2. Can food for the local Food Bank
What ever you decide count us in. The money we would all spend on a raffle gift will go so much further by doing this instead. Maybe we could do both.

Bob&Patty

Dave you could have a raffle and food drive and take the money from the raffle and donate it. BTW, My daughter, who lives in Utah would like to come to the rally. Does having a SOB cause a problem?

Trailer Trash

Dave and Amy,
We signed up for your rally, arrive 9-26, depart 9-29. Enjoyed being in Cody last year and looking foreward to seeing everyone.

Art and Teresa Mitchell

Bob&Patty

Dave, what have you decided about a raffle/50-50, and food drive. Give it some thought and post what your thinking.

BTW, the SIL and daughter are renting a cabin at the KOA. He said " I am bringing a 50 cal Hawkens" and is trying to find one for me. Since Colorado is real close...maybe we should go there and shoot up the place. Then hightail it back to Utah.

codycarver

Dave, what have you decided about a raffle/50-50, and food drive. Give it some thought and post what your thinking.

Lets do both. I'm thinking $20.00 a couple and a can and dry good each. We can decide who to give it to when we get there. Any input is welcome.

He said " I am bringing a 50 cal Hawkens" and is trying to find one for me. Since Colorado is real close...maybe we should go there and shoot up the place. Then hightail it back to Utah.

I'll bring my fastest horse:)

codycarver

Amy and I are going to do a Chili bar and Hot dogs on Thursday night and a waffle breakfast on Friday.

We were thinking pot luck on Friday night and going out on Saturday if there's any interest. Let us know what you guys are thinking.

Bob&Patty

OH BOY....chili dogs.

Patty said "YEA" to going out to dinner. Pat and I thought about bringing 10 or 15 cans of food just because. We will probably mix in a few cans of Dinny Moore stew. That way it is a meal in it's self. A few cans of "new" potatoes would work also. Just a can of veggies wont do it for dinner. When you say dry goods.....bags of flour and such??

Dave, send me a PM with your PH# and we can talk about it. I have done this a few times already.

Well, off to get my Bailey tweeked alittle.

codycarver

OH BOY....chili dogs.

Patty said "YEA" to going out to dinner. Pat and I thought about bringing 10 or 15 cans of food just because. We will probably mix in a few cans of Dinny Moore stew. That way it is a meal in it's self. A few cans of "new" potatoes would work also. Just a can of veggies wont do it for dinner. When you say dry goods.....bags of flour and such??

Dave, send me a PM with your PH# and we can talk about it. I have done this a few times already.

Well, off to get my Bailey tweeked alittle.

I was thinking Breakfast cereal, stuff that will keep but is a meal in itself. When we get there Amy and I will probably find the local store and cruise the isles picking stuff as we go.

PM sent

Bob&Patty

Trace, its a cowboy hat made by Bailey.....and you live where? I am having it reshaped. I noticed that Dave did not question my statement. I did however find another one I liked and bought it. So now, I have a shootin' hat, a clunking around hat, and Sunday go to meetin' hat. I also have a an old Stetson that serves as tent/umbrella.

codycarver

Guess I'll have to remember to bring Gus along. From Rands. Check out the video and see why it's the only place I get my hats.

codycarver

Starting to get excited!! We are having a chili bar with fixings (including hot dogs) for everyone on Thursday night so, don't worry about dinner after you roll in, just come by and eat and mingle. Dave's famous waffles will be on Friday morning. As for the Potluck on Friday night, we will be bringing pulled pork - how about you??

We are going to do a 50/50 raffle - half to the winner and half to a local charity. As mentioned previously, we will do a food drive for a local food bank so, bring your canned goods and non-perishables.

Looking forward to spending time with everyone and can't wait to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.