EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Virginia Beach - 5/18/2012 to 5/20/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Have an update! Got a call from June at Holiday Campground today. I was wait listed for a super site. Site #820 became available today. So, that's where Hillsonwheels will be for the VA rally. :cool: We'll be near the Massengills. :cool::cool:

Dick

That site is right over the septic tank!!!! (Just kidding);)

ctuna0203

Charles and Beverly Watts
HOC#1469
2008 Forrd F350 4X2 6.4 L powerstroke XLT longbed (real truck)
2009 Heartland Bighorn 3580
Current location Zephryrhills,Fl. Winter home

dalspot

Looks like we won't be able to make this one folks - so site 852 is now available if any of you are on the wait list for a super site.

Our son is determined to move out - so there goes our dog sitter. With a 14-year-old dog with old-age issues, it's just not feasible to travel 5+ hours with him and our other dog. Plus due to health issues, he's no longer rabies-vaccinated. We're really bummed as not only is our rally attendance going to be very limited, but so is getting out camping at all. Maybe we'll still make the rally in October in Cape May at least.

I updated the map with the folks over on the other sites and took us off.

It's on post #41 of the thread.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
It's on page 5 of the thread.

"post #" works better. On my system I only have 3 pages.
And if you use the URL for the post number you can add that particular post to your post.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...2-to-5-20-2012?p=204419&viewfull=1#post204419

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Gus,
I heard from Campground today and they moved us to supersight #852 if you need to update your records.

Jim

boatto5er

Hi gang,

I'm looking for a VA Beach area charity that we could donate to as part of the "Heartland Gives Back" initiative. Maybe a local food bank for instance. I specifically need someone who's attending the rally to volunteer to coordinate this activity (contact the charity, coordinate donations by rally attendees, collect donations and arrange for delivery or pick up, along with a publicity picture and maybe short write up for future newsletter use, etc). If you live in the VA Beach area and are interested, please contact me ASAP.

Thanks,

Gus

We have a volunteer! Thanks Judi and Jack Barnett

Last edited:

boatto5er

More volunteer opportunities:

Help with setup and cleanup for a Friday morning early birds continental breakfast at The Landmark Diner (our trailer). Also a few folks who can bring pastries or drinks or tables.

Help with a couple of games/contests for the Sat night pot luck. Come up with suggestions for games good for 75 people.

Help with setup/ cleanup for the pot luck dinner.

Help with grills and cooking for a Friday night burger and dogs dinner. Also side dish donations.

Help with a possible scavenger hunt on Saturday.

Added:
Saturday games coordination (couple of volunteers)

Chesapeake RV Solutions Coordination (contact me first if interested)

ADDED:
Almost Forgot!
Need a couple of folks who are not planning on decorating their site, or are but don't need to be judged to volunteer as judges for "Best Decorated Site". Don't forget - our theme is patriotic. There will be a prize awarded at the pot-luck dinner.

Contact me if interested.

Thanks,

Gus and Debra

Last edited:

boatto5er

Hi gang,

I'm looking for a VA Beach area charity that we could donate to as part of the "Heartland Gives Back" initiative. Maybe a local food bank for instance. I specifically need someone who's attending the rally to volunteer to coordinate this activity (contact the charity, coordinate donations by rally attendees, collect donations and arrange for delivery or pick up, along with a publicity picture and maybe short write up for future newsletter use, etc). If you live in the VA Beach area and are interested, please contact me ASAP.

Thanks,

Gus

I'm happy to announce that it appears we have a volunteer already for this need. We'll be getting more specifics out to everyone soon.

Gus

boatto5er

Hi everyone,

With less than 90 days to go I though I'd go ahead a put out a very rough rally agenda. I intend for this to be fairly "free-time" event so you can get out and see the local sites, visit with old friends and make new ones, have informal lunch get-togethers etc. I do have a few activities planned though as listed below. I'll be formalizing the list as we get closer to the rally.

Thursday evening, May 17 - Possible Early Birds dinner out at a local restaruant
Friday morning, May 18 - Early birds continental breakfast at the Landmark Diner (see volunteer opportunity in thread #107 above)
Friday evening, May 18 - Burger and hot dog dinner at the Landmark Diner or Pavilion (TBD) (see volunteer opportunity in thread #107 above)
Saturday, May 19 - All day scavenger hunt (prize to be awarded at pot luck dinner) (see volunteer opportunity in thread #107 above)
Saturday, May 19 - A few games (mini-golf tournament, bean bag toss tournament?) (volunteer opportunity NOT currently [to be added] in thread #107)
Saturday evening, May 19 - Pot luck dinner, Pavilion, no specified menu, bring your favorite appetizer, salad, main course, or dessert ((see volunteer opportunity in thread #107 above)
Sunday, May 20 departures

Additional possibilities: Heartland RV static display by Chesapeake RV Solutions (requires additional coordination - will need a volunteer to work with them on this)

camperjohn08

You can Count on US Gus.. we can help with set-up and clean-up duties.. or what ever else thats needed for the breakfast fri morning.. Always willing to give a helping hand.. We arrive thursday anyway.. Just give us a heads-up before we arrive..

boatto5er

Getting lots of volunteers - still need more! I've started a list on the first post at the bottom of the rally announcement. You can post here, email me, or send me a PM if you are interested in helping out in any area (Got the site judges and Dealer coordinator filled completely).

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Gus, We will help with anything you need. John will have his knee surgery in mid to late March and we are hopeful he will be recovered by then. I'll keep you posted. I may need parking assistance!

Jim & Harriet

Since we now plan to arrive on Thursday (leaving on Tuesday) we will be happy to help with the BBQ on Friday.
We have a table and grill that we we will bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.