EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WI, Lake Delton - 8/16/2012 to 8/19/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncc1701e

Lou & myself are looking at getting a round of golf in somethime during the rally. Anyone else interested?

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Hi Tom,
Just a note to let you know the Ireland's have a change in plans.... we'll be starting WI rally fun a little earlier. We'll be there on either the 13th or 14th in site #24.
We called the campground and the earlier dates won't be a problem! We're pumped!
See you soon!

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Great :) Gerry & I will be waiting for you in site 40. We wish everyone a safe trip to the WI Dells area.

tjspencer

Wisconsin Chapter Leader
2010 pictues 003.jpg

My wife and I are new members this year and looking forward to the rally. since we are from the area we won't be going to the H2O show but hope to take part in other things. Our reservations are made and we are looking forward to meeting you all. I believe we may have site 38.
Terry and Jackie Spencer of Baraboo.
HOC #2211

tweber

Welcome Terry & Jackie to the WI Chapter of the HOC. Glad you are joining us at the rally. We look forward to meeting you. Tom & Gerry Weber, WI Chapter Leaders

tweber

Not this time, Jim. Country Roads informed me Terry & Jackie were moved to site 35. No reason given. See everyone soon.

jbeletti

Not this time, Jim. Country Roads informed me Terry & Jackie were moved to site 35. No reason given. See everyone soon.

Wish they'd move me. I'd prefer a site where my satellite dish works from. Site 39 is a no go for a roof mounted dish.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Wish they'd move me. I'd prefer a site where my satellite dish works from. Site 39 is a no go for a roof mounted dish.

Guess you will need to do what I finally did, break down and buy a portable dish for those times you cannot use the roof one.

jbeletti

Guess you will need to do what I finally did, break down and buy a portable dish for those times you cannot use the roof one.

Jim,

I have a storage and weight issue. I just don't want to get rid of anything in order to be able to store an HD dish, nice tripod, weights etc. Then buy a Bird Dog or other dish aiming aid. 95% of the time, I'm able to get a site at CGs that work with the dish. It's at rallies that are a bit harder as we don't have access to all the inventory there.

No worries though, we'll have plenty of fun at the rally. And we'll just go over to cookie's site to watch TV at night. Hope Mary is okay with my house coat :)

jmgratz

Jim,

I have a storage and weight issue. I just don't want to get rid of anything in order to be able to store an HD dish, nice tripod, weights etc. Then buy a Bird Dog or other dish aiming aid. 95% of the time, I'm able to get a site at CGs that work with the dish. It's at rallies that are a bit harder as we don't have access to all the inventory there. No worries though, we'll have plenty of fun at the rally. And we'll just go over to cookie's site to watch TV at night. Hope Mary is okay with my house coat :)

I was talking about the Wineguard Carryout 1518. It is very light, sets up easy and finds the satellite automatically. It does take up some storage space though. The price has been recently reduced. I got mine here http://tweetys.com/winegard-gm-1518-satellite.aspx

jbeletti

That is pretty small Jim. No HD programming for Direct TV on it though. Wonder if there's another model or maybe another brand that has a small carry-out style that will pickup Direct TV HD programming?

jmgratz

That is pretty small Jim. No HD programming for Direct TV on it though. Wonder if there's another model or maybe another brand that has a small carry-out style that will pickup Direct TV HD programming?

I really don't miss the HD on the road as the Sony TV we have has such a great picture. I would rather have tv without HD than no TV at all. Before getting the portable dish we were at a park for 2 weeks under trees and the roof dish would not work and the antenna would only pick up 1 channel sometimes late at night. We listened to the radio alot. Brought back memories of when Sheila and I were first married and didn't have any television. We were glad to have the weather radio though/

tweber

Jim will have to do what we did when I had no over the air TV in Tracy, CA, Teton National Park, and Yellowstone National Park.I played the radio and talked to dear wife, Gerry. It was a fun time. Listening to the radio, playing cards and good conversation. :)

Mrscookie

DW of a senior member
No worries though, we'll have plenty of fun at the rally. And we'll just go over to cookie's site to watch TV at night. Hope Mary is okay with my house coat :)
I'm okay with that as long as you wear the nice pink fuzzy one that Nancy said you have. And don't forget the big fuzzy slippers with the ears.

Mary

jbeletti

I'm okay with that as long as you wear the nice pink fuzzy one that Nancy said you have. And don't forget the big fuzzy slippers with the ears.

Mary

Dave - I know this is you posting as Mary. Mary wouldn't be this mean to me :) Hey, you weren't supposed to find out about the pink house coat :)

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Dave - I know this is you posting as Mary. Mary wouldn't be this mean to me :) Hey, you weren't supposed to find out about the pink house coat :)

Jim
There's homemade pizza for you if we can get some nice pics of you in your pretty pink house coat and fuzzy slippers with ears! I may even be willing to make 2 pizzas if you're willing.
:DPaul (sorry would have replied sooner but need to get new truck ready for the trip north)

jbeletti

Jim
There's homemade pizza for you if we can get some nice pics of you in your pretty pink house coat and fuzzy slippers with ears! I may even be willing to make 2 pizzas if you're willing.
:DPaul (sorry would have replied sooner but need to get new truck ready for the trip north)

New truck? Where have I been? Congrats. Looking forward to seeing hopefully you and Sue both. Sorry in advance to disappoint on the house coat and slipper :)

Status
Not open for further replies.