EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WY, Cody - 6/21/2012 to 6/24/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I'd like to stay for the church service at 10, probably be over around 11. I plan to be hooked up and ready to slide the rooms in and unplug (gotta keep those doggies cool and comfy) and be ready to leave shortly after church. If anyone else is interested, we can caravan over to Cody.

ljawest

we're brand new members attending our first rally in Cody...we'll arrive Monday, June 18 and stay seven nights departing June 25.
looking forward to making new friends!

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
we're brand new members attending our first rally in Cody...we'll arrive Monday, June 18 and stay seven nights departing June 25.
looking forward to making new friends!

Welcome to the club!! We're happy to be the hosts for your first rally experience. We have a great group coming. Make sure when you check in you let them know you are with the Heartland group so they put where are rally group will be.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Welcome to our newest Mississippi Chapter members: Lewis and Jo Anne West. Look forward to meeting you at the Wyoming Chapter Rally in Cody. Lou and Bette Dick from Gautier will also be attending the rally in Cody. See you soon.
Hogan Cooper

codycarver

Here is our agenda for the Cody rally.

THURSDAY -- check in day
- around 6 PM -- short "Cody Country" presentation by campground personnel.
- hot dog, hamburgers and socializing to follow

FRIDAY AM - Nelly Muffins!!!!

FRIDAY - 6 PM
- Potluck Dinner

SATURDAY AM -- Dave's Waffles

SATURDAY EVENING
- 5 PM - Happy Hour at the campground
- 6 PM - Buffet dinner at Sunset House

SUNDAY AM - Coffe, donuts and checkout

Daytime is your own. We have plenty of suggestions if you need them.

codycarver

There has been quite a bit of conversation about the trip from Gillette to Cody. Anyone interested in traveling in a group please post here, look me up in site D-20 or find me at supper tonight and we will work it out.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I plan to have everything packed up and ready to go by the time church starts. When church is over I'll come home and disconnect the electricity, slide the rooms in and should be ready to go by 11:30 or so. Having said all that, I'm sure that nothing will work right and everyone will leave me crying over something that broke....

jimtoo

Just so you wont be left out in the cold with no place to park,,, If your not in Cody at the campground, you might call and recheck your reservations. Mine were made a month or more back,, called Saturday to be sure and was told by a man,, "Yes, Your due to come in Sunday"... So I get here Sunday,,, they are packed and I do not have a site...now I am told my days start on the 19th,,,not 17th. ??? They do not have a good system. So you might check.

codycarver

17 rigs checked in so far. We have two couples that are first time rally attendees, on the rights is Don and Monica and on the left are the West's Image036.jpg We had a great get together tonight Image034.jpg It was Bette's Birthday and Lou and Bette's 29th anniversary today Image035.jpg so a bunch of us went out to the Silver Dollar. The lawyer "forgot" his wallet so we had to cover him. Reminds me of the old joke "It was so cold today Tony had his hands in his own pockets" Congratulations to both of you. More to follow........Image028.jpg

jimtoo

Dave,, Where is all this supposed to happen? Is there a meeting room someplace that we get to use? Do we need to bring anything extra for the hamburgers and hotdogs?
Here is our agenda for the Cody rally.THURSDAY -- check in day - around 6 PM -- short "Cody Country" presentation by campground personnel. - hot dog, hamburgers and socializing to followFRIDAY AM - Nelly Muffins!!!!FRIDAY - 6 PM - Potluck DinnerSATURDAY AM -- Dave's WafflesSATURDAY EVENING - 5 PM - Happy Hour at the campground - 6 PM - Buffet dinner at Sunset HouseSUNDAY AM - Coffe, donuts and checkoutDaytime is your own. We have plenty of suggestions if you need them.

codycarver

Pre-rally activities continued with folks doing all sorts of things.

Al Larson really enjoyed the "dug up gun' museum and both Al and Donna had a great meal at Cassie's

Jim and Dottie found a beautiful spot on the river not far from our campground, get with them for directions. I was visiting with them yesterday morning... here is the view from there back window Image040.jpgnotice the Tee Pee's in the lower right corner?

Tom, Mary, Pat and Lou set up a wild horse tour last night. I didn't get a final count on how many went but I'm looking forward to an update today. They also took the initiative and set up a white board for people to post what they are doing, group activities and comments. You can find it hanging on a pole in front of the two Greystone's. Great idea guys!!!!

Tony, Lou and Bettie have been touring on the bikes and caught the cowboy review and chuck wagon meal.

Bernie has been placing Munzze's????? all over Cody country and Sally has been tracking them down.

Also getting lots of positive feedback on the BBHC, the Cody Dam tour, gun fight and lots of other goings on.

Rally starts today!!!!!

codycarver

Dave,, Where is all this supposed to happen? Is there a meeting room someplace that we get to use? Do we need to bring anything extra for the hamburgers and hotdogs?

Just checked the forecast and it looks like we are going to have fantastic weather so we will plan on having our meals behind Jay, Bernie, and My rigs (sites 94,95,96). When we parked we saved a nice patch of grass that should work perfectly.

We will be suppling the burgers, dogs, buns and fix-ins and we will have some bottled water and soft drinks. Anything else you want to bring is fine but that's up to you. I've been informed the Wi-Fi is terrible so I've been letting people know via village crier... feel free to spread the word.

We have seven rigs coming today and that will complete our group.

LET THE RALLY BEGIN!!!!!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey Dave...sounds like you guys are gonna have a great time!! We're still sitting here in Gillette watching the Newmars roll in....wish we were there instead...oh, well, have to work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.