EVENT: Heartland Multi-Chapter Rally: SC, Hilton Head Island - 4/20/2012 to 4/22/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: SC, Hilton Head Island - 4/20/2012 to 4/22/2012

When we stayed there July 2011, it was $49/night if you stayed 4 days or more. The ones on the water costed more than those not on the water. This is a super nice campground. Each site is different as each site is privately owned and made unique by the owners. The ones on the water have piers and docks for boats, but they lock the entrance to the docks and renters cannot go out on the private docks. There are 2 pools, and one of them is built out over the water with a gorgeous view. We encountered some very nice people there. We are hoping to fit this rally into our plans. We have not yet been to one!

It's great to hear wonderful reviews. We absolutely love it and hope you can make it back in April.

mntnman

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: SC, Hilton Head Island - 4/20/2012 to 4/22/2012

When we stayed there July 2011, it was $49/night if you stayed 4 days or more. The ones on the water costed more than those not on the water. This is a super nice campground. Each site is different as each site is privately owned and made unique by the owners. The ones on the water have piers and docks for boats, but they lock the entrance to the docks and renters cannot go out on the private docks. There are 2 pools, and one of them is built out over the water with a gorgeous view. We encountered some very nice people there. We are hoping to fit this rally into our plans. We have not yet been to one!

I think we met you guys when you were there. If I remember correctly you had wonderful views of the inter coastal.

Jim & Harriet

tech question ...
for those of you who know and have stayed at this park, is their WiFi REALLY as good
as they say? Free but not good is not a benefit. We are thinking of getting a MiFi at
some point but wondered about this park's connections.
It certainly looks beautiful. I did not realize that many of the sites are owned and rented
to folks like us who are just staying a few days.

phix

tech question ...
for those of you who know and have stayed at this park, is their WiFi REALLY as good
as they say? Free but not good is not a benefit. We are thinking of getting a MiFi at
some point but wondered about this park's connections.
It certainly looks beautiful. I did not realize that many of the sites are owned and rented
to folks like us who are just staying a few days.

We were there for 10 days last summer at 2 different sites (fairly close to each other). We ended up using my smartphone and mobile wi-fi most of the time as it was better. Their wi-fi was in and out and sometimes very slow. Maybe it is more reliable in other sites?????? We enjoyed the cable TV though which is included. Also, someone comes by several times a day and picks up your trash at your site!

phix

I think we met you guys when you were there. If I remember correctly you had wonderful views of the inter coastal.
Yes! I remember talking to you. The site we had did have a nice view from the rear window, but I would not get it again because it was way too hard to back into. Hope to see you guys there.

Jim & Harriet

Thanks for the wifi and site info. A view of the water is nice but being able to
back-in easily ... priceless!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

The South Carolina chapter is pleased to announce that it will be combining the Hilton Head rally with North Carolina.
There were several reasons that led us to this decision; not the least of which is the economy-whether talking fuel prices or just the inability of people being able to take time off from work.

Lets welcome Terry and Renee , North Carolina Chapter leaders, and hope to see everyone here in April.

jbeletti

Re: EVENT: Heartland Multi-Chapter Rally: SC & NC, Hilton Head Island SC - 4/20/2012 to 4/22/2012

Another Multi-Chapter rally! Sounds great Larry/Sam and Terry/Renee.

Jim

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Re: EVENT: Heartland Multi-Chapter Rally: SC & NC, Hilton Head Island SC - 4/20/2012 to 4/22/2012

Renee and I want to say a big THANK YOU to Larry and Samantha and to the SC HOC for allowing the NC HOC to be a part of this upcoming rally.Looks like a great location with lots to do if you want to.We are looking forward to seeing all our camping friends again and making lots of new ones! Come on North Carolina and beyond. Lets pack the house out!

Jim & Harriet

I am sure this will be a great event. Thanks for making the decision - it really
helps to know what's happening so we can make a 2012 rally plan. See you in April!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired

Wahoo!!!! We just LOVE rally's.:cool:

mntnman

Renee, Terry glad to see that the North Carolina group will be joining us for the rally. If you have any questions get with us.

As to the WIFI some sites are better than others. It works real good by the pool that over looks the ICW. I will check on when the upgrade is to be completed.

Dale

trdeal

Renee, Terry glad to see that the North Carolina group will be joining us for the rally. If you have any questions get with us.

As to the WIFI some sites are better than others. It works real good by the pool that over looks the ICW. I will check on when the upgrade is to be completed.

Dale
Thanks Dale. We are looking forward to it. It should be a great weekend.

ncc1701e

Have Clubs, Will Travel! We'll be there forsure. This will work out pretty nice since we are returning to Longs, SC in January for 3 months before wondering back to KY.

lduguay

WHAT!!! NC & SC?....Do I get credit for 2 rallies?? :cool:

Larry, I will bring the extra sewer hose :D

SouthernNights

Have Clubs, Will Travel! We'll be there forsure. This will work out pretty nice since we are returning to Longs, SC in January for 3 months before wondering back to KY.

Glad you guys can join us Tom. You have been added to the list. :)

No Lance, you probably wont even get credit for this one if you misbehave.:p

Pannell

We are booked....cant wait!!!!

SouthernNights

We are booked....cant wait!!!!

Kim and Teresa,
Thank you for joining us.. Your scrap book from the NC rally was awesome!!!! You have been added:)

Status
Not open for further replies.