EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: GA, Pine Mountain, - 5/4/2012 to 5/6/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Seeing what others have done to their RV is a big part of a rally. As a result of the Pine Mountain rally, I have ordered the hard wired Progressive EMS system, a motion sensing LED porch light, a Flag Buddy flag pole with a 75W light, glass tile for the kitchen and bath backsplash and plexiglass inserts for the screen door. I know I feel "safer" already. Ken

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Ken, where did you see the glass tile for kitchen and bath backsplash? Donna wants something and what she had found at Lowes looked to be a major expenditure and project timewise. Looking for advice.

Hogan

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Hogan - Gus just installed a tile backsplash to his Landmark. I wish I knew how to link the thread to it but it's called "glass tile backsplash". He has pretty good pictures.

davebennington

Re: EVENT: Heartland Southeast Regional Rally: GA, Pine Mountain, - 5/4/2012 to 5/6/2012

That is what I like about rallies, meeting new fiends, the exchanging of ideas, and most of all the great food that your new friends bring to the potlucks.

dave

Rodbuster

Dick, please share your list with the rest of us. I got a couple bucks just burning a hole in my pocket. Thanks.

Hi Bernie, I'd be glad to share a few items on my list that I am planning to add to our RV.
As I mentioned before, the stained glass window for the door and a shade screen for the awning are on order and should be here in a few days.
A few other things that I'm looking at are;
A security/porch light with a motion sensor.
A multi valve plumbing system (do it yourself) that goes in your UDC....I got that idea from Nathan.
Getting rid of my 12 volt battery and adding two 6 volt batteries (thanks Mickey).
A double canister system to purify the water.
I liked watching NASCAR on Nathan's TV in the basement....trying to figure a way to call that a "safety" item.
Maybe a set of disc brakes in the future.

If I get through this list, the only other thing that I'm really going to need is......
a tin cup and a few pencils.

Dick

Last edited:

happykraut

Dick, thanks for the list. The motion sensor light will be the first thing on the list as soon as I can find the right one. I guess a 12V LED that's fairly bright would be the ticket. The multi valve plumbing system sounds interesting, but really don't know what it is/does.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Thanks Nabo for the info on the Glass Tile backsplash. I found the thread last night and saw the great photos. Now, we got to go to Lowes. See you soon.
Hogan

krhyde

Ken, where did you see the glass tile for kitchen and bath backsplash? Donna wants something and what she had found at Lowes looked to be a major expenditure and project timewise. Looking for advice.

Hogan

I guess I saw it on the forum vs the rally. I got my tile from Lowes and the total cost including adhesive, grout and tiles was $108.50. That includes tile for the kitchen and the bath. I will probably have some tile left over but didn't want to come up short so got more than I think I'll need. Ken

krhyde

Dick, thanks for the list. The motion sensor light will be the first thing on the list as soon as I can find the right one. I guess a 12V LED that's fairly bright would be the ticket. The multi valve plumbing system sounds interesting, but really don't know what it is/does.

Bernie, I just ordered one from Tweety's for $52.80. It is supposed to replace the one already installed on the RV. I got this idea from Nathan. Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.