EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: IL, Chatham - 6/15/2016 to 6/19/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
This is GREAT News, Double J notified me that all reserved sites are booked, the park is full with Heartland Owners Club.. Wow, 6 more weeks, it is going to be a great time.

jbeletti

This is GREAT News, Double J notified me that all reserved sites are booked, the park is full with Heartland Owners Club.. Wow, 6 more weeks, it is going to be a great time.

That's great news!

Consider asking the park to keep a wait list as there are always cancellations and it would be nice to squeeze a few more people in who may want to come but don't know about any cancellations.

Herbiesrig

Thank You Don and Joanne for signing up for the Region Rally.. I got you on the list..

Herbiesrig

There is a tentative schedule, There is alot to do and see in Springfield..

THERE IS A GOLF OUTING.. If you haven't signed up, please do so.. Contact Bob Sims on the forum at Golf Outing: Heartland North Central Regional Rally: IL, Chatham for a great day of golfing.

Theme: COUNTRY WESTERN..... There will be a Hat decorating contest. So decorate a hat

Coffee and ?? in the mornings -

Thursday: Meet and Greet; Hot Dog's & etc. provided. Abe Lincoln and Mary Todd Lincoln will be joining in.

Friday: Breakfast Pot Luck Dinner; Meat being provided Let's Make a Deal Game Door Prize Drawing

Saturday: Catered Meal ; Ribs and Chicken -- Country Band : Wolf Crick Band

there will be campfires with Mike's Popcorn

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Rally June 2016

Things to do and see in Springfield, ILL

1. Abe Lincoln's Presidential Library and Museum - downtown at 6th and Jefferson (this is fabulous but does cost)

2. Old State Capitol - in the square between 5th and 6th on the east/west and Adams and Washington on the north/south. (Lincoln delivered his house divided speech and Barack Obama announced his candidacy and his VP's choice here)

3. Lincoln's home and the surrounding area.....8th street off Capitol but go to the visitors center on 7th street south of Capitol. Free.

4. Oak Ridge Cemetary. This is where Lincoln is buried. You can view his orginal burial spot in the side of a hill as well as the shrine where he and is family rests. A statute out front offers you a rub of his nose which supposedly is good luck. This is north of North Grand on Monument (between 1st and 2nd street).

5. Dana Thomas House.....this is a tour of a Frank Lloyd Wright rennovated house. It is quite beautiful and especially at Christmas.

6. Trolley Tour of Springfield - Uptown on East Monroe

Here are some other things to do in Springfield, which are here but not a must.
Bill Shea's Route 66 Gas Station Museum - 2075 Peoria Road

Original Cozy Dog Cafe.....South Sixth (On the old Route 66 Mother Road)
Lincoln-Herndon Law Offices .... across from the Old State Capitol.

Executive Mansion....the governor's residence. It didn't get much use until recently the new governor supposedly stays there a few nights.

Washington Park Botanical Gardens and Thomas Rees Carillon (take bread to feed the ducks)

Illinois Korean War Monument

Henson Robinson Zoo

Lincoln Memorial Garden
Sangamon Antique Mall (Sangamon Ave just west of Dirksen Parkway)
Several Antique Malls and Craft Malls at Divernon Exit #82 on South I-55

jimpav

Hi, due to a cancellation of another trip, we would like to be put on the cancellation/wait list for a possible opening.
Thanks
Jim & Claudia Pavlinik
Holland, Michigha

TGLBWH

Jim, call the campground and they will either give you a site or put you on the list

olcoon

Good deal, we get to see Jim & Claudia!!! Jim, hope you don't have to stop on the way for new tires!!!:rolleyes:;)

Herbiesrig

Thank You Harold and Mollie Wall for signing up for the Rally. Looking forward to seeing you..

jimpav

Well.....you know what happens if we have to stop for tires. We get more that we wanted!!!!!!

jimpav

Campground for the rally is filled up. They put us on a waiting list, of which we are # 4. Doubt we will get a spot

Herbiesrig

Bernie and Judy, sad that you had to cancel, but we just want you to get your health back. You are still in our prayers.

TGLBWH

I am glad you guys (Jim and Claudia) got a site. Look forward to seeing you. Also sorry I won't see my friends, Bernie and Judi. Take care of yourself Bernie.

Status
Not open for further replies.