EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NC, Rodanthe * - 4/30/2010 to 05/02/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Re: Rally Statistics UpdateTim

You guys are BAD!!! Scores???:confused: Come on,,,post some pictures for proof of bad parking,,,:angel:

Oh Jimmie - it was early, we were bored :) What's a camper to do? For all the attention and stress we were giving, he did pretty well. Better than I would have.

Jim

jimtoo

Well,,,maybe you guys should just set back and relax a bit.... have a pitcher or two of margaritas.....invite everyone over and have a great time at the rally....:D

Have a great rally guys. :D Don't eat to much!!!

Jim M

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

Well,,,maybe you guys should just set back and relax a bit.... have a pitcher or two of margaritas.....invite everyone over and have a great time at the rally....:D

Have a great rally guys. :D Don't eat to much!!!

Jim M

Too late for that jimtoo. You should have seen the "continental" breakfast yesterday and dinner last night. If you went away hungry it was your own fault. Got a full breakfast this moring and bar-b-q dinner tonight. There's another 5 or 6 pounds added to the waist line, I'm sure.

I took my flags down last night and put then under lock and key. Not sure I'll set them out today. I'm not sure if I'll put them out today. I'll use the excuse that it's too windy. Real truth is....I don't trust that Pete guy. He's got this new 3x5 Heartland Owners Club flag that he won last night....and he doesn't have a flag pole. Need to keep mine away from him. But don't tell him I said that. It'll be our little secret.

Great food, Great friends, Great fun...any of you not here are missing a Great Time!!!

truknutt

Committed Member

That's awesome!! I can say that cause I wasn't being judged. The big question is "DID HE STICK THE LANDING?!"

Y'all have a great time this weekend and post plenty of photos!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Pete did a good job "sticking his landing

Unfortunately he was 6" away from having enough sewer hose to reach the hookup. Said something about flushing fast so the sewer trout could make the jump.
scratchead.gif

Keith, Pete said something to me about your flag pole so you did well keeping it locked up.!!!

MrsSouthernNights

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in - Gus and Debra are doing an awesome job, we are having a wonderful time here... food, friends and new friends!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
It has been a great time.It is hard to believe it is about over.We left home last Friday for the SC rally at Willow Tree.We left there on Tuesday and drove to Camp Hatteras.It has been great.Great Friends,great food.We have had a blast teaching some of our New Jersey friends how to speak southern.Just ask Deb Bylinski.Right Deb.Thanks to Gus and Debra and to all who have helped to make this weekend a success.

PSF513

Let me start by echoing the great job Debra & Gus have done. I agree with Keith that the waistline is enlarging due to the volume and quality of the food provided.

NOW, as to flagpoles, let me be clear that Keith has nothing to fear from ME for his flagpole (I promised him that I would not touch it. No such promises for others. So his flags are flying again). It is really Phil Smith's flagpole I want.

Our New Jersey friends really ENJOYED the grits for breakfast. Gus has a video of Deb trying them. I must say that, as a Yankee transplant, I concur with her sentiments.

PSF513

I would also love to thank my cheering section for the rousing welcome I received when we arrived. My scores ranged from -2 to +3 (the +3 came from style points from my truck plates.

THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

jbeletti

Regarding this new Heartland Owners Club hat, some here at the rally have:
1. Asked where to get it
2. Coveted it
3. Hat-napped it

I am pleased to announce that Martin Marketing now has a couple hundred of these in stock for $8. You may order/see them on their website at this link.

HPIM0513..jpg

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I would like to say that I understood everything that has been said at both the South Carolina & Eastern Rallies, BUT, that would be untrue. Oh what I have learned from my southern friends. I always thought heads were meant to be BALD. Terry and Renee Deal introduced us to BALD (boiled) PEANUTS. I will say that I made the same face associated with the grits. They were semi YUK! They tried to explain it off as they were overcooked. NOPE! Just YUK! Aluminum FALL (foil) is used a lot down here too. I just can't wait to be a resident of this area so I can commence to expanding my Southern Vocabulary. Let us not forget over yonder! If anyone can explain the exact distance of an over yonder I would appreciate it. I would like to know if over yonder is accessable by a brisk walk, bicycle or if a truck is needed.

We have not had this much fun an a long long time and want to thank everyone who made feel so welcome and happy to be together with All Y'all!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would like to say that I understood everything that has been said at both the South Carolina & Eastern Rallies, BUT, that would be untrue. Oh what I have learned from my southern friends. I always thought heads were meant to be BALD. Terry and Renee Deal introduced us to BALD (boiled) PEANUTS. I will say that I made the same face associated with the grits. They were semi YUK! They tried to explain it off as they were overcooked. NOPE! Just YUK! Aluminum FALL (foil) is used a lot down here too. I just can't wait to be a resident of this area so I can commence to expanding my Southern Vocabulary. Let us not forget over yonder! If anyone can explain the exact distance of an over yonder I would appreciate it. I would like to know if over yonder is accessable by a brisk walk, bicycle or if a truck is needed.

We have not had this much fun an a long long time and want to thank everyone who made feel so welcome and happy to be together with All Y'all!

Over Yonder is the same as "Just down the road a piece".

MrsSouthernNights

Well as we wind up another fantastic rally experience... sad to leave great fellowship.. we just won't mention that I have two left feet when it comes to dancing!!! LOL I am glad everyone got to laugh at least! :)
Larry and I have enjoyed being together with our rally buddies and meeting new friends (Squirrel!!!!!!) Thank you Jim, Gus, and Debra for the great memories.... hope to meet everyone
again soon! hopefully Mayberry Campground in North Carolina.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The first of our rally buddies started leaving early this morning. Sad to see folks taking off and the rally coming to an end. There's a bunch sticking around for another day though. Save driving to everyone on the road today.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
We are staying in a condo in Avon and just read about the rally up the road. If I'd paid attention I could have met some of you. I not in our car or I would head that way this morning.

jgoddardg

It has been a very good two weeks. SC rally was super and gave us an opportunity to make new friends (as we knew it would), and Eastern rally in NC has been great too. Too windy, too much food, but not too many great friends and great fellowship. The "Hillbilly Corner" friendships made will certainly be continued and we'll try not to make too much noise at all the future rallies. Larry and Sam, Gus and Debbie, Jim B, John and Debbie and all the others that contributed so much labor to these meetings deserve a great big kudo. We really appreciate it and all the Hillbillies are planning on being at the Nashville rally and the NC rally. Thanks to all!!!

bill40

Sure sounds like it was a great time. sorry we missed meeting everyone. Have not had grits since I was in China Grove and spent time driving the circle of Kannapolis ( long long time ago ) many great memories and life long friends. Wish we had been there, hopefully we will see some in Avalon.

Status
Not open for further replies.