EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: OR, Canyonville - 9/13/2017 to 9/20/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Rod & KellyRE: Omissions or correctionsPlease make a note that Corey and M'Lissa Haskins have legally had their last name changed to Haskin.LOLLooking forward to first trip to Canyonville.:):):):)

M'Lissa and Corey,

I am such a bonehead 😳! I am sorry! Its fixed now!

Rod

jdfishing

RALLY GOLF @ COUGAR CANYON

Friday, Sept. 15th
First Tee Time 9:30
Fees: $46/ Includes Cart

Participants: John Kramer Tom Chinn
Doug Anderson Bill Memmer
Mike Bromley Paul Hardt
Candy Hardt Sonja Nisson
Harlan Niegeli Cory Haskin
Joyce Morones Rick Morones
Please let me know if you have a special pairing request. I have Sonja and Harlan so far.

Coordinator: John Kramer (jdfishing@comcast.net)
If you signed up and your name does not appear above, please contact me ASAP. If you have not signed up and would like to play, I have one additional tee time available, but will have to cancel it in the near future if not needed. Just send me an e-mail at the above address.

Thanks to all who signed up and looking forward to a great rally with a fun round of golf.

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired

Please let me know if you have a special pairing request. I have Sonja and Harlan so far.

Doug would like to play with Sonja and Harlan, if it's okay with them.

Rod, this might be your opportunity to learn. I play a couple times a year - at HOC rallies. I have my own scoring system and relaxed rules. I'd be happy to share a cart with you.

jdfishing

If I knew how to play golf I would be there, but I have never played once!

Rod

It's simple Rod. You try to put a little ball in a 4" hole 400 yds away by hitting it four times or less with some very expensive sticks with funny looking heads on them. That's it! And you have to handle frustration well. You would be good if you tried. The scenery is worth the ride.

For20hunter

*** ATTENTION ***

Anyone wanting to come to the Pacific Region Rally in September that didn't make it before the cut off date please send us a message ASAP. We have a couple cancellations and would like to keep the sites for our Rally guests before they go back to the park.

If you know of anyone that is wanting to come, let them know!

Rod & Kelly

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Anyone bring a guitar or any other instrument and would like to get together and jam.

I only started playing when I retired, wow it been almost 8 years. Here is a sample of the type of music I play: Two on this post and one in my signature block.

Little Bit of Country from this Nebraskan and also my second hobby: photography
https://youtu.be/820btEO9oX0
https://youtu.be/Hom996rerMw

A Salute to our Veterans played at National Cemetery in Dixon, Ca Memorial Day Weekend 2016
https://youtu.be/07b_iB24-M0

G_S

I know that Ken Bassano is bringing his stuff and actually performing for us on Friday evening.

Rod

I will have a guitar but I don't really play, just learning. I do however sing, some say quite well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For20hunter

I will have a guitar but I don't really play, just learning. I do however sing, some say quite well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I know for sure you sing great! I have seen/heard the videos!!

Rod

jbeletti

Hey all! I'm super unfamiliar with navigating the the west/northwest. We'll be coming to Canyonville via Red Lodge, Montana. I looked at some routes in Google Maps and I've overlaid those 3 routes onto the area Fire Map.

The map below picks up my route, 141 miles into the drive, at Bozeman, MT. Looking at the roads and terrain, I've pretty much eliminated the red and green routes and I'm pretty solid on the blue route, traveling through Butte, Missoula, Spokane, Kennewick, Portland, Salem and Eugene.

Question - if you had to trek from east of Bozeman, MT to Canyonville, OR, and factoring in regional fires/smoke, would you take the blue route? If not, can you advise deviations you'd make?

We haven't made any reservations along the way but are planning to take 4 days to cover the 1,100 miles.

Red Lodge, MT to Canyonville, OR.jpg

Billiam

Hey all! I'm super unfamiliar with navigating the the west/northwest. We'll be coming to Canyonville via Red Lodge, Montana. I looked at some routes in Google Maps and I've overlaid those 3 routes onto the area Fire Map.

The map below picks up my route, 141 miles into the drive, at Bozeman, MT. Looking at the roads and terrain, I've pretty much eliminated the red and green routes and I'm pretty solid on the blue route, traveling through Butte, Missoula, Spokane, Kennewick, Portland, Salem and Eugene.

Question - if you had to trek from east of Bozeman, MT to Canyonville, OR, and factoring in regional fires/smoke, would you take the blue route? If not, can you advise deviations you'd make?

We haven't made any reservations along the way but are planning to take 4 days to cover the 1,100 miles.

View attachment 54366

Jim,

We are traveling from South Dakota the route you have mapped out in blue. Right now we are in Kennewick for the week. We haven't come across any of the fire issues yet. The drive you mapped out is very beautiful. The green route would put you thru a lot of the high dessert, very boring drive. We are headed to the Washington rally from here and than down to Canyonville. Look forward to meeting you at the rally.

Bill

For20hunter

View attachment 54366

Jim,

I would take your blue route, which is about 2 hours shorter and a very nice drive. Its a beautiful drive with lots of nice scenery and most of it is 2 lanes each direction or more. We have driven all of the routes and they are all good roads that you can haul our rigs on without a lot of issues.

The trip through the Columbia River Gorge when you drop down to I-84 from Tri-Cities can be a little windy sometimes, but not too bad. If you are looking for a nice place to stay, Boardman RV Park and Marina is a beautiful park to stay in and is literally right off of I-84 not to far from when you get on it.

Rod

jbeletti

Jim,

We are traveling from South Dakota the route you have mapped out in blue. Right now we are in Kennewick for the week. We haven't come across any of the fire issues yet. The drive you mapped out is very beautiful. The green route would put you thru a lot of the high dessert, very boring drive. We are headed to the Washington rally from here and than down to Canyonville. Look forward to meeting you at the rally.

Bill

Bill - thank you for the feedback. Where are you staying in Kennewick? While I have no reservations for our 3 nights of travel, Kennewick is one of my "planned" stops.

Google ChromeScreenSnapz357.jpg

Oregon_Camper

Jim,

The blue route is nice, but depending on what you want to do on your way here, I'd recommend a slightly different path.

Bozman to Spokane and then enjoy the Silerwood Theme Park. I have never been, but I've heard it is nice and the RV Resort is also suppose to be nice.
https://www.visitspokane.com/listing/silverwood-theme-park-&-boulder-beach-water-park/10324/

Spokane to Bend.
Now, call NOW for reservations to Crown Villa RV Resort. No question the best RV Resort in Bend. Then enjoy Bend! It is awesome. More breweries than anywhere else. Just a great "downtown" experiance. Plan to stay here 3-4 nights...you will really enjoy it. Here is a link to a video I just created, showing the entrance to Crown Villa. We stayed here for 8 nights...could have done a month EASY! Note...if you need WiFi from the park, get one of the sites closer to the Clubhouse. We were in the pull-through sites and couldn't really use their WiFi, but that is fine, as we have unlimited data on our phones and hotspot.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxEvZw2XQ1MNnRFa09MQ1lhZkk

From Bend, it will be an easy 3.5 hour drive to Canyonville, down Hwy 97 to Hwy 138.

Note...you WILL encounter some smoke along the way. Oregon is in TERRIBLE fire season and there is simply no avoiding it.

The main reason I am recommending you go down Hwy 97 to Bend is to enjoy more of Central Oregon. If you go the other way to Portland and then down I-5, it is really boring...just a long freeway.

Look forward to meeting you.

Status
Not open for further replies.