EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: SC, Myrtle Beach - 4/16/2015 to 4/19/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

davebennington

Many have asked for a copy of the agenda here is a draft of what is planned:

Wednesday - 4/15

Pre-Rally Golf event if enough interested people sign up.
Thursday – 4/16 – Rally Officially begins:
Check in and distribute rally bags. Visit with other rally attendees: check out all the things to do in the area.
5:15 PM - Meet and Greet at rally hall. Bring your dinner and a drink so we can meet and socialize. Games and entertainment provided by Gus & Debra Funderburg.
Friday – 4/17
8:15 AM until 9:30 AM - Potluck Breakfast at rally hall. Potlucks organized by Linda West.
10:30 AM until 3:00 PM - The Hobby and Craft Show and Sale Expo at the rally hall.
5:00 PMPotluck Dinner at the rally hall.
Meats and Rolls will be supplied by the Heartland Southeast Region, bring a side and your favorite drinks. Potluck organized by Linda West.
Bring your donations for the Heartland Gives Back Project Canine Angels. There will be demonstrations as well as Veterans who have received a canine from the organization. Donation envelopes will be available at your tables.

Saturday – 4/18
7:30 AM - Catered Breakfast at the rally hall.
9:30 AMBrookgreen Gardens Guided Tour.
10:15 AM - The guided tour starts. This tour is paid for by Heartland Southeast Region.
12:00 PM Optional boat ride tour starts this tour is at your expense.
5:00 PM - Catered Dinner at the rally hall.
Entertainment tonight will be by Michael Bairefoot – Voted #1 Magician at the Beach.

dave

navyAZ1

Hi, last call. Please let me know "yes" or "no" if you want to visit Brookgreen Gardens with our group on Saturday and "yes" or "no" if you want to go on the boat ride.

Group tickets for both have to be purchased in advance so if you do not respond to me now you will have to pay full price for the tickets if you decide you want to go.

dave

Oh crap, I just saw this, YES Miss Ann and I want to go! Also, you mentioned at the FL rally something about T shirts but I haven't seen anything about it in this thread. If we are getting them we need 1 2X, and 1 XL. If not OH Well!!!

navyAZ1

Hey Dave, I just noticed you don't have us on the list of attendees, we are registered to come in on the 15th and leave on the 19th for Site HH34, maybe I failed to let you know earlier? T-Shirt sizes are again 1-2X, and 1-XL. See Ya there! We've been registered since 30 December 2014.

navyAZ1

Hey Dave, I just checked and found I had notified you of our reservation on 12/30/14, note #110 in this thread. See Ya.

davebennington

Are you ready to RALLY!!!

We are loading up and will be the road Monday, so far it is coming together, shirts arrived yesterday, I know the crew helping to put the rally on are ready.

If you are going to participate in the craft/hobby/sale event don't forget to bring your projects.

dave

marthamscott

Logistics and work are getting in the way of our attendance at the Rally this week and we will have to cancel.

See you in Goshen!

Martha

jimmar

we are coming north on I 95, what is the best route off of 95 to the rally to avoid as much city traffic as possible.

thank you
marianne

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
we are coming north on I 95, what is the best route off of 95 to the rally to avoid as much city traffic as possible.

thank you
marianne
Marianne if you exit at 119 and take 521 across that will take you into 17 just south of the campground and less traffic, otherwise you would take 378 across and then come back south and probably more traffic. We are going to take 521 when we leave here going back to Florida.
Linda

jimmar

I saw that road on the map but did not know how far away from the campground it was. Thanks.

Marianne if you exit at 119 and take 521 across that will take you into 17 just south of the campground and less traffic, otherwise you would take 378 across and then come back south and probably more traffic. We are going to take 521 when we leave here going back to Florida.
Linda

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Duane, what site are you on. We've been here since Sat. Haven't seen you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
We have some beaches at home with palm trees. But they get trucked in every spring and removed in the fall.

Attachments

• IMG_4433 copy.JPG
    IMG_4433 copy.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 38

boatto5er

They stuck you out on the fringes. We've been in and out a lot.

boatto5er

I played "golf" at Camping World, Lowes, and Advanced Auto Parts today. If it stops raining tomorrow, I'll get the step light replaced, steps repainted, and pin cover repaired (although not not much I can do with the broken part).

porthole

Retired
They stuck you out on the fringes. We've been in and out a lot.

"I" picked the spot because on the map it looked like it was close to a pet area and there was plenty of grass.
Little did I know, there is no pet area and not much grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.