EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: TX, Montgomery - 4/1/2020 to 4/5/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Due to circumstances that are beyond our control, the rally has been cancelled due to the KOA corporation closing all of their venue halls, meeting rooms and cabins until at least the 20th of April.

We are here in the park in preparation for the rally and I know that some people have said that they will still come. The KOA here has offered to let us use their large outdoor pavilion, so if anyone that has signed up and has a registration, we can still meet and have our own get-togethers for meals, coffee, etc. outside or at our own trailers. Of course, since we are not having a rally, everything will be on our own. The rally rate will still be offered.

Those that don't wish to attend can contact the KOA (936 582-1200) for a full refund.

LBallard

Sorry to say Debbie and I are canceling.
We are still planning to attend the OK, AR,&MO rallies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Jay, I am afraid Peggy and I will be canceling as well. We really hate to do it there are some other factors now since we got home. We still plan on going to Arkansas and Missouri.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I’m not deterred by the virus, but the virus has impacted my employer so there is much uncertainty about the future. We’ve sadly had to decide to cancel attending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Hi-Viz" Bill

Hi Jay !!

Regrettably, Susie & I will be traveling back to Michigan, From Mesa, AZ, w/o making the swing down thru TX to attend, what's left of the "rally"!!:mad::mad: ..

Our reservations have been cancelled !! Hope to see you back in Goshen next year !!

Thanks for all your hard work up to this point!!

Bill ( Hi-Viz ) Coquillard
Niles, MI

Jay, we sure wanted to be with you and Stella for your last get together as our regional director but after a lot of heart searching we decided to cancel and stay home.
I’ve been sick for the last week and after my last 2 surgeries I believe my immune system to be weak.
I also have to think of my parents. They are both 87 years old and isolated in their house and afraid to go outside.
hopefully our paths will cross somewhere in the country after this pandemic is over.
If not we will of course see you next winter in South Texas.
Mark & Peggy Turnbough.

ALSO: If you have already picked up the T-shirts for the rally we would be glad to pay for them and add shipping if you could send them to us.

jayc

Mark, I was looking forward to seeing you again. We've still got rallies in Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri, and then you know where we'll be in Colorado. Then in the fall, we'll be in north Texas (Athens Tx.) and south Texas (Onalaska Tx.). Surely we can meet somewhere!

DaleC

Jay, I hate to inform you that we will have to cancel the Montgomery Rally. Doctor's appointment that cannot be changed just got in the way.
Hope to see you at a future rally.
Thanks, Dale Crenshaw

jayc

Sorry to hear this Dale. As you may have seen, the rally has been cancelled but there are still a pretty good group of us that are still going to meet as planned at the KOA.

Be sure to call the park to cancel your reservation.

jayc

I just received word that some people may have received an email from KOA corporate saying that "accommodations" at their parks were not available. It should have said cabins (only) are not available but RV space are. If you have reservations and still want to come, there are about 30 rigs planning to arrive soon, so come on down!

Jay,

Unfortunately, Elaine & I will not be attending this rally after all. In addition to the COVID-19 issue, there has been an unusual amount of rain where we store our RV that results in it being unsafe to try and get it out of storage and likely impossible to get it back in storage after the rally.

We were really looking forward to seeing everyone.... especially you and Stella, since we only became a part of this group after meeting you and Stella in the St. Paul East campground in Minnesota several years ago.

Hopefully, we'll meet up with you at some future rally or campground.

I'll be contacting KOA today to cancel our site.

jayc

Jim, I'm sorry that we won't see you and Elaine for awhile, but there will be more rallies and get-togethers. I understand why you must cancel but look forward to seeing you again.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
We canceled our reservations with KOA. We will miss seeing everyone, but we look forward to seeing everyone at future rally’s.

Just to let everyone know. Caron and I will not be able to make the rally this year. We were hoping meet everyone. Caron has just been diagnosed with Croans disease and RA. She has been told to stay in the house and not get out.

jayc

Sorry to hear! We were looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

Sorry to say it, but Liane and I have decided to cancel and start our travels a month later. Hope to see you later in the coming months.

James:(:(

jayc

Sorry to hear this James. We're gonna have some big fun here! Some good foods are in store for anyone coming in spite of the cancellation. We'll miss ya...

Status
Not open for further replies.