Extend/retract button by trailer hitch

NYSUPstater

If by ball area on a travel trailer, then it raises or lowers the hitch to go over ball on truck. If a 5th wheel, it controls the front legs.

NYSUPstater

Pretty much. Raises or lowers the hitch onto or above the ball depending on what your doing. Replaces the crank handle which some or many still utilize.

wdk450

This thread is posted in the "Bighorn" area of the Heartland Owners Forum. The Heartland Bighorn has always been a full sized (mine is 38 feet) 5th wheel RV, so any mention of "ball hitch" either applies to another Heartland towable RV, or is posted in the wrong area.

Reminder to original poster in this thread ( and all threads): To have the other owners out there help you we need to know the specifics of what you are working with - Model RV, Year, tow vehicle (if involved in the question), Brand and model of any subsystems (Lippert, Schwintec, MorRyde, Dometic, Norcold, etc.) you need help with. More info is better, to help you.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
On the original BH electric Ventura jacks there was a single motor that operated both front jacks via a connecting rod that ran across the front of the rig inside the compartment. A DIY upgrade was to replace them with independently operated ones, again from Ventura. The original Ground Control electric jacks were independently operated, but an on/off switch replaced the OEM switches and the jacks operated by a handheld remote. I had upgraded to that system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk