Extendable rear bumper w/post

CQPREZ

I have a 2011 North Trail 26LRSS that has an extendable rear bumper. On this bumper is about a 3' post that will stand up and lock in the standing position. I've been told this is to secure bicycles to. For the life of me, I can't figure out how this works so as to keep the bikes secure without either damaging them or simply having them fall off the bumper tray. It seems to me there should be an accessory item to carry bikes for this setup, but I haven't been successful in locating anything. Any ideas?

Roller4tan

Bungie cords and straps. Check at every stop. They bounce around quite a bit. It's like a trampoline back there on the road!!

CQPREZ

Can you share a photo? It might be something added by the dealer.
The trailer is out of town, so I can't take a photo, but I do know this is not a dealer add and was factory installed. Based on the research I've done since my original post, to use it as a bike rack requires some significant modification - which I'm not willing to do. This thing was obviously not designed to be used to mount bicycles - at least not that I (and others) can see!

sengli

Sounds like your missing some parts for the rack attachment. FYI, pretty much every bike rack I have ever seen for less than $600 states that if you use it on the back of an RV....the warranty is void. There are a few that are very expensive that state that it is OK for the unit to be bolted on the back of an RV.