Exterior USB connection port for owners name plaque

Connected my new owners name plaque to the exterior usb connection port and it does not work. Could their be a reason why?

danemayer

Hi Rochoajr76,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Over the past few years, I think there have been 1 or 2 cases where the wires were loose or disconnected. Look inside the coach where the connector wiring would come through.

ILH

While we're on the topic of the outside USB ports for the Landmarks, has anybody tested the USB ports to determine what the output is in amps? There are two ports - just wondering if the second port is worth using for charging electronics. ...just a passing thought.

LBR

While we're on the topic of the outside USB ports for the Landmarks, has anybody tested the USB ports to determine what the output is in amps? There are two ports - just wondering if the second port is worth using for charging electronics. ...just a passing thought.
Funny you mention this.,.I just ordered a bluetooth USB current tester this morning to test all of my "supposed" high output posts and chargers....gonna be fun!..

jr814

Might use a voltmeter, and check out. Connection is under USB port, normally just remove 2 screws. I’m adding a extra higher capacity usb double port, with digital 12 volt charge display, inside new North Trail. No outside USB port on mine, so will add a 2nd port, to lid of 2nd battery box I just added. Removed small Interstate battery that came on tongue, and put 2 large AGM batteries in, since fridge is all 12 vdc. Top of battery box, will be a simple install for double high cap USB port/ voltmeter. Probably put lit waterproof switch next to it. Can’t shut fridge off so a switch there too. On my 2nd week, fixing stuff overlooked, or installed poorly by factory. Since the tools are out, I’m putting some extras in, as time permits.