External propane valve

Dlhall

There is an external propane connection at the rear of my 21RBSS for a grille or whatever. When I connect my grille and open the shutoff valve, gas flows, but has no pressure. Not enough to cook. The grille is fine using other hookups, so it's not the grille. Has anyone seen this or have an idea what the deal us?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The gas flow to your grill from the camper LP tanks may be regulated. If your grill has a regulator it will have to be removed. You cannot have two regulators in the line.

Peace
Dave

NYSUPstater

The gas flow to your grill from the camper LP tanks may be regulated. If your grill has a regulator it will have to be removed. You cannot have two regulators in the line.

Peace
Dave
Just curious, does the oven draw more gas than the inside stove? We;'ve found that when trying to use the oven, it just won't stay on while the stove top will. Almost seems like you need a full bottle of gas but IMO shouldn't make a difference. Your opinion please?

Hollandt

Just curious, does the oven draw more gas than the inside stove? We;'ve found that when trying to use the oven, it just won't stay on while the stove top will. Almost seems like you need a full bottle of gas but IMO shouldn't make a difference. Your opinion please?
Sounds like the regulator is defective or the gas pressure from the regulator is set to low.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
As others have mentioned, it sounds like a gas flow problem.
There might be a flame adjustment screw for the oven, but I doubt it. Heck it could even be a faulty temperature valve for the oven itself, again I doubt that.
Has it ever worked properly?
Does the water heater and furnace function properly? Answering those questions with a yes might point a finger at the oven itself.
And if you choose to just change out the regulator they are around $50 online

Peace
Dave

RickL

Have you checked to see if your trailer is on the recall list. It seems a number of trailers with external LP hookups are going to be recalled. Check on rvlemonlaw.com.