Factory Defects

MallardHead

Has anyone successfully had Heartland pay for some or all damages for water leaks
after warranty for faulty craftsmanship that can be shown the owner would not have know of the leak. Etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

If you still have a 2017, that may have been built as early as 5 years ago, your chances are slim. You might contact Heartland directly to discuss the specifics, see what corrective action they recommend, and whether they're willing to help. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

The warranty on a 2017 model would have been 1 year for the original owner, and if you read the Warranty Statement in the trailer manual, you'll see that the warranty coverage cannot be modified by a dealer or Heartland employee. But sometimes Heartland makes goodwill accommodations after warranty. Depending on what you're dealing with, you might get help. It's worth the price of a phone call.

MallardHead

I have been communicating with them by email and phone. Being aware of the warranty issue which I understand so I am NOT HOLDING MY BREATH for their help because the unit was manufactured in 2016. In addition to the faulty installation of the fresh water inlet, we now believe there is a actual defect around the fill hole and barb on inside. Rarely using this feature except maybe one time we still strongly believe that the leak has been occurring since before we purchased it. Guess we will see if Heartland does have Heart. thanks

MallardHead

If you still have a 2017, that may have been built as early as 5 years ago, your chances are slim. You might contact Heartland directly to discuss the specifics, see what corrective action they recommend, and whether they're willing to help. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

The warranty on a 2017 model would have been 1 year for the original owner, and if you read the Warranty Statement in the trailer manual, you'll see that the warranty coverage cannot be modified by a dealer or Heartland employee. But sometimes Heartland makes goodwill accommodations after warranty. Depending on what you're dealing with, you might get help. It's worth the price of a phone call.

They said today wouldn’t cover due to not under warranty. I get it, just don’t agree with it since I can say with absolute certainty the part was faulty from the day it left the factory and was leaking even before I purchased it and would have never been seen until the walls , floor or both rotted which they did and led me to discovering it. regardless Good Sam Extended Service Plan says it will cover so we’ll see.

Danncas

They said today wouldn’t cover due to not under warranty. I get it, just don’t agree with it since I can say with absolute certainty the part was faulty from the day it left the factory and was leaking even before I purchased it and would have never been seen until the walls , floor or both rotted which they did and led me to discovering it. regardless Good Sam Extended Service Plan says it will cover so we’ll see.

I lovecto know. Water damage on my slides heartland never again.