Factory or Dealer???

Not sure where the blame should go, but I damaged my ladder and ordered a new one over 1 1/2 months ago. Dealer saved me some shipping by waiting to have it shipped with some other big items ( I do appreciate that). I was called and told the ladder was in, so I drove the 30 miles each way to pick it up. I got it home and it was the wrong ladder. Now I gave the dealer the stock number on the original ladder, the model of the Silverado, and he even looked up my VIN number. Seems to me, Heartland should be able to see what accessories were put on our trailer, and order the correct ladder from the manufacturer of the ladder. Hope it's not another 1 1/2 months

Just venting, sorry.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Not sure where the blame should go, but I damaged my ladder and ordered a new one over 1 1/2 months ago. Dealer saved me some shipping by waiting to have it shipped with some other big items ( I do appreciate that). I was called and told the ladder was in, so I drove the 30 miles each way to pick it up. I got it home and it was the wrong ladder. Now I gave the dealer the stock number on the original ladder, the model of the Silverado, and he even looked up my VIN number. Seems to me, Heartland should be able to see what accessories were put on our trailer, and order the correct ladder from the manufacturer of the ladder. Hope it's not another 1 1/2 months

Just venting, sorry.

Jim & Dale..........as a member of the Heartland Club you can order and get a discount on parts from the parts dept at Heartland. When you call have your Vin # ready. I would call them and see if your dealer did in fact order the correct one. Maybe they wii take it back? Does not hurt to ask.

Can you just swap out a few parts with your old one and make it work?/..Don

I could do that, but the trailer is new and wanted a new ladder, just for the look.

It just seems like "That's Good Enough" is the norm these day's. xxx

Last edited by a moderator: