Factory Recall

Chopperno1

Well what was supposed to take about 15 minutes according to the service advisor took almost 3 hours. I had the front cap led light recall done today. The lights were disconnected from when I took delivery and were full of water. Right before I left I decided let me see if they are working? They were not the tech swapped the lights but did not test them. Another tech came over pulled the switch and reconnected the wiring they originally disconnected prior to delivery. Here is a pic of the new lights.
image.jpg
image.jpg
On a side note I had them look at the heat vent in the bunkhouse and they do agree there is a issue but said they need to drop the bottom out on the trailer and need to get approval from Heartland. They said that would take 4-6 hours so I can only imagine how long it will really take.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 230

MallardHead

Luckily my light recall was done before I purchased it... do have a recall on the tire pressure label... taking it in Friday for a drawer to be fixed under warranty and the label recall.... I will check and see what mine say about the vent. Although it seems there is an issue Heartland told me it was normal so wonder what they will tell the dealer...

Kevin & Kandy Jones
HOC Member #3501
2017 Mallard M32

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Good you had the recall addressed. Last September in MB a brand new, their first trip, Mallard parked beside us had one of those lights malfunction while there. Some fire and a lot of stinky smoke!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
On a side note I had them look at the heat vent in the bunkhouse and they do agree there is a issue but said they need to drop the bottom out on the trailer and need to get approval from Heartland.

They said that would take 4-6 hours so I can only imagine how long it will really take.

4 - 6 hours in service-speak really means more like 2 - 3 weeks! :(

20170516_192539.jpgJust got my LED lights swapped on my Mallard. It is the same part replacement as yours and I do say that I am not happy with the fit and finish of the swap. I like the strip lights but I think that they went cheap on the housing. I am currently ordering a cover kit for the strip lights as these look exposed and the adhesive looks weak.

Are you happy with your swap?

Last edited:

Chopperno1

View attachment 51811Just got my LED lights swapped on my Mallard. It is the same part replacement as yours and I do say that I am not happy with the fit and finish of the swap. I like the strip lights but I think that they went cheap on the housing. I am currently ordering a cover kit for the strip lights as these look exposed and the adhesive looks weak.

No I do not care for the look of the new lights. The new Mallards that I saw at the RV Super Show in Tampa back in January did not come with LED lights on the cap. A friend was at a local dealer last weekend and said the new Mallards on the lot did not have LED lights either. I do not see the point in the lights on the front cap. I never have needed to use them. I think they would be better placed on the back as back up lighting.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
No I do not care for the look of the new lights. The new Mallards that I saw at the RV Super Show in Tampa back in January did not come with LED lights on the cap. A friend was at a local dealer last weekend and said the new Mallards on the lot did not have LED lights either. I do not see the point in the lights on the front cap. I never have needed to use them. I think they would be better placed on the back as back up lighting.

They are just for looks . . .

We have them on our Prowler, but they are different than the Mallard LED's . . .

I call them "The Eyes":

ProwlerFlagsJuly4-P1000235.jpg

I love 'em!

Cyfans4

View attachment 51811Just got my LED lights swapped on my Mallard. It is the same part replacement as yours and I do say that I am not happy with the fit and finish of the swap. I like the strip lights but I think that they went cheap on the housing. I am currently ordering a cover kit for the strip lights as these look exposed and the adhesive looks weak.

I am not the only one. I wish I would have left the old ones on and just disconnected them. The finish is terrible - at least put some type of cap on them. Brand new camper - recall - and they made it very unattractive. I see your silicone job is as bad as mine.

Old lights vs new lights.
2018 Old lights.jpg2018 new lights.jpg

Attachments

• 2018 new lights.jpg
    2018 new lights.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 80

TonyK

I am not the only one. I wish I would have left the old ones on and just disconnected them. The finish is terrible - at least put some type of cap on them. Brand new camper - recall - and they made it very unattractive. I see your silicone job is as bad as mine.

Old lights vs new lights.
View attachment 52019View attachment 52021

I just had my led lights switched out on my Wilderness Camper and I am not happy with the look as well, which is what got me here looking for information. The strip is not going to last as its already pulling away. Someone mentioned a cap to go over these? They should be supplied free IMO I just think the Camper looks like crap now. Understand why they were changed out but don't understand why replacement was so cheap looking.