FAQs - Click here to review frequently asked questions about the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Heartland Owners Club Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

This forum is read-only. If you have a question that is not answered below, please click here to send the club your question. If you have a question, others may have the same one. Please don't be shy :)

Regions/Chapters:

Q. How are the regions defined?
A. At this early stage of the Club, Regions are not yet important. There are many ways to carve up the U.S. and I have found that nearly everyone has their own sense of what region their state should fall into. Even the federal government has many, many ways to carve up the U.S., depending on the use. That said, we are starting out as follows. For the U.S. and Mexico: We're using time zones. That's right - Alaskan, Eastern, Central, Hawaiian, Mountain and Pacific. For Canada, it is one region. Keeping it simple for now. When it needs to be more complex later, we will make it more complex.

Q. Who can join the Heartland Owners Club?
A. Anyone who currently owns a Heartland product. A complete membership application and dues are required.

Q. What chapter should I join?
A. You should join the chapter within the state or province that you reside or spend the most time in. In fact, you will automatically become a member of the chapter that the address you supply, falls into. Your home chapter can be changed at your request by emailing the club at the link in this thread. If you are a full-timer, your chapter selection is less important. I'd suggest you select a chapter near where you have chosen to domicile.

Q. What chapter can I join?
A. You may join any chapter. You will receive communication of chapter events from the chapter leader for the chapter you elect as your home chapter.

Q. As the member of the club, will I hear from the club in some way?
A. Yes. If you chapter has a leader, from time-to-time, you will receive communication of chapter events from the chapter leader. Also from time-to-time, you will hear from the Club President.

Q. Can I join an event being sponsored by another chapter?
A. Yes, this is encouraged.

Cost/Benefits:

Q. What is the cost to join the Heartland Owners Club and what are the benefits?
A. Please see the Club Cost of Dues thread at this link for current Dues details.
A. Please see the Club Benefits thread at this link for current Benefits details.

Q. How do I join the Heartland Owners Club?
A. Click here to go to the "Join the Heartland Owners Club" forum for details on joining and the actual link to the Member Manager membership application and dues payment module.

S.O.B.s:

Q. I have friends that own an SOB (some other brand) RV. We enjoy RVing with them. Can they join the Heartland Owners Club?
A. Sorry - The Heartland Owners Club is open only to owners of a Heartland RV product. A valid Heartland VIN is required to join.

Q.
I have friends that own an SOB (some other brand). We enjoy RVing with them. Can they join us at a local chapter rally?
A. Probably - Allowing SOBs at a local chapter rally is at the discretion of the local chapter leader.There may be a small rally fee charged to the SOB. In most cases thus far, it has been allowed. It also gives Heartlanders a chance to show your friends some Heartland spirit and hospitality as well give them some nice exposure to the brand.

Q. I am a paid-up Heartland Owners Club member whose membership has not yet expired. I have sold my Heartland product and now own an SOB. Can I still be a Member of the Heartland Owners Club?
A. Sorry - as the Heartland Owners Club is open only to owners of a Heartland product once you no longer own a Heartland product you are no longer eligible for membership so your membership expires.

Q. I am a paid-up Heartland Owners Club member whose membership has not yet expired. I have sold my Heartland product and now own an SOB. Can I still attend Heartland Owners Club rallies?
A. Probably - as you no longer own your Heartland product your HOC membership has expired. However, allowing SOBs at a local chapter rally is at the discretion of the local chapter leader. There may be a small rally fee.

Plaques/Frames:

Q. Can my plaque and the rest of my club kit be mailed to an address other than my permanent mailing address?
A. Yes, no problem at all - In your Club profile in the Member Manager, initially, use the address that you want your kit to be mailed to. I use UPS. Then after you receive your club kit, you can go back into the Member Manager and change your address to your permanent mailing address.

Q. We reside in Canada. What is the value you use for the Club kit package? I need to know what the COD will be for brokerage, PST and GST.
A. We use a package value of $40 US. From the first shipments we've sent to Canada, the feedback we are getting is the total COD fees have been about $38 CAN. If you have a US shipping address you'd prefer to have your package sent to, join the Club with that US address or manage your profile right after you join and change your address to a US shipping address. Once you get your package, go in and manage your profile to change back to your Canadian address.

Q.
I contacted PLAK-R about getting a Heartland Owners Club plaque. I was told they are only available from the Club. What gives.
A. True - Heartland Owners Club plaques are for Heartland Owners Club members and come engraved with the members 4 digit member number. They are included with the new member kit that is mailed out by the club after membership is made.

Q. I was one of the few people that were allowed to buy a Heartland Owners Club plaque directly from PLAK-R in the summer of 2008. I want to join the club, do I have to pay full-price to join?
A. Great news. No - you will not have to pay full price. You will receive a special discounted price that "largely" compensates you for the price you paid for the plaque already.

Q. Are frames included with the Heartland Owners Club plaques?
A. Yes - A ladder mount frame is included with your plaque.

Q. I have a Heartland RV that does not have a rear ladder. Is there an alternate mounting style for the plaque?
A. Yes - When we know you do not have a rear ladder, we will ship your plaque with a flat frame and and adhesive mounting system. If you receive the wrong mounting system, please contact the Club.

Q. Okay - I received my Club Membership Kit? The plaque is nice but I have no idea how to mount this thing on my ladder. Help!
A. Follow this link for a step by step tutorial on how to install the plaques into the frame, the brackets onto the ladder and the frame onto the brackets.

Q. One or both of the plastic pins on the back of the frame are broken or no longer secured to the back of the frame. How can I obtain a replacement frame?
A. Contact the Club and we will work with our supplier to obtain a replacement frame.

Security and Privacy:

Q. Dues payments are made online only and by credit card. Is this process secure?
A. Yes - We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol to securely accept, then convey your information to our bank for processing.

Q. Do you maintain my credit card information?
A. No - For managing membership expiration dates only, we keep record the last 4 digits of your credit card along with the amount and date paid.

Q. What about my name and contact information, how is that used? Do you sell or rent it?
A. No - We do not sell or rent your information. Your information is used internally to Heartland RVs and the Heartland Owners Club.

Managing your existing Club Membership:

Q. How do I change my address, phone numbers and coach information in my Club Membership?
A. Club Members manage their own membership profiles using the Member Manager. Click here to manage yours :)

Q. How do I change my email address in my Club Membership?
A. The email address you are registered with for the Heartland Owners Forum is what was automatically used for the Heartland Owners Club. If you need to change this email address, please do so in the Forum User Control Panel at this link. Once changed and saved there, it will automatically change in your Club profile.

This forum is read-only. If you have a question that is not answered above, please click here to send the club your question. If you have a question, others may have the same one. Please don't be shy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.