Fifth Wheel Locks

Bogie

I used one similar to this in the past when my 5th wheel was at a public storage site. This pic came from Home Depot, but I am sure you can get them in several places.

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 7.58.26 AM.png

pjones1969

I bought this one in August of 2013, still using it with zero issues, looks like it is unavailable at the moment, I put it on every time I unhook, the orange stands out to prevent a headknocker

I found this one that seems to be identical Vulcan 5th Wheel Hitch Lock

SLO

I bought this one in August of 2013, still using it with zero issues, looks like it is unavailable at the moment, I put it on every time I unhook, the orange stands out to prevent a headknocker

I found this one that seems to be identical Vulcan 5th Wheel Hitch Lock

Same here, since 2015. Cut off orange strap (pretty soon it’ll just get greasy). Doesn’t rust either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

taskswap

That's just silly. You are right it's very pricey. Take a look at what professional tuckers use. The $20 -- $25 ones are simple and more than adequate.
It was my "trucker" relative who recommended this one.

I think peoples's needs may vary. A trailer sitting in a fenced yard or secure storage facility doesn't face the same risks as if you had to park it somewhere not monitored very well, such as if you're boondocking. This is a disc-detainer core that would be challenging to pick (nothing is impossible, but this requires special tools and more experience) and the lock body is extremely beefy. It would be hard to cut off compared to the other stuff I see. Against an $80k or more trailer (or even the insurance deductible) I didn't feel it was silly at all.