Fireplace replacement

My electrician friend thinks a loose wire was the cause. The RV is 9 years old and has more than a few miles on it. I replaced both the plug and the outlet box. Fireplace now works. My friend told me to run it a feel the box/ plug for overheating.

Why are people leaving these fireplaces running at night while asleep? I sure don't trust mine enough to do it. There are other solutions.
We have always run our fireplace for heat before using the furnace or electric heater. 2011 Bighorn the fireplace still works just fine. We do not leave the RV and let it run through.

Routemaster

Is there any reason why we could not install gas one or something like as in the web sight below as long as to code?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've read the owner's manual. Ventilation requirements may negate use in an RV not to mention that it states to never install unit in a recreational vehicle.

Peace
Dave

Lift up on the trim around the fireplace. It only takes about 3/4 of an inch.
I just replaced mine. I found no replacement that fits the exact Open It. Greysrtonre Makes one that is 1/2 wider you need to cut the opening 3/4 of inch wider. Ours had the curved glass and I wanted the same. You may find others elsewhere that might fit.
How has your replacement Greystone fireplace worked out for you? Our fireplace is also a Greystone and died after 9 years of service. Not too bad. Would you recommend your Greystone, as we see one on Amazon?

We had a 2014 Bighorn. Failed fireplace. Not the same “trim” as in your picture but to access & remove the fireplace I had to remove the faux brick trim panel to access the fireplace anchors
The trim around ours was held in place by numerous thin wire staples
What brand did you replace your fireplace with, and was it 36” wide approximatel. We have a 2014 Bighorn 3010RE and our fireplace just died. Thanks for the help

CoveredWagon

How has your replacement Greystone fireplace worked out for you? Our fireplace is also a Greystone and died after 9 years of service. Not too bad. Would you recommend your Greystone, as we see one on Amazon?
I recommend a new 25 inch from Rec Pro
This one actually fit the original opening.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
What brand did you replace your fireplace with, and was it 36” wide approximatel. We have a 2014 Bighorn 3010RE and our fireplace just died. Thanks for the help
Did not replace. Upon inspection I found a wire that was poorly soldered. Reattached that one, inspected the others and all was good