First Big trip with new Bighorn

WilmanJim

Windy West Texas

Well, our new journey has begun from NW Ohio to San Diego for the winter.
This is the first big trip with our Bighorn since we bought it in July.
Had a few issues taken care of but nothing Major right now.
First thing I did was remove the wheels and remove and clean the wheel bearings and put in new seals. I like to make sure things are the way they are supposed to be. Everything was OK except one brake adjuster was froze up. Threads were buggered up so replaced it.
Also had one tire that was leaking about 1 psi a day. Had it to the dealers twice with no luck. Ended up taking them to a friend who owns a tire shop and balance them. The Freestars were so out the least one took 5oz. of weights and the most was 10oz.
While there we looked real close at the one loosing air and found the aluminum wheel had a pin hole in the middle of it. Called Dealer on the 21st and they got hold of Heartland who in turn got hold of Tredit and the sent me a new rim. Got it on the 24th and left Ohio on the 25th.
TPMS is working great, no more air loss.
We stopped at Heartland RV Park in Greenfield, In. last night. Bighorn pulled great and I Love the Airsafe hitch. What with all these Smooth roads and everything. :eek:
We have made this trip for the last 6 years with SOB Travel Trailer which we had almost 100,000 miles towing on it and this is our first 5th Wheel in 39 years towing. Even though we are at 24280# Gross it tows great. We will find out when we get in the hills further west.
From In. we are heading to Sikeston, Mo. and going through Dallas area this year.
New RV New Journey.
Well, I'm sure I have bored you enough, so Travel Safe, Enjoy your RV, and Always be Friendly.

Wilma and Jim

Last edited:

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Sound like a nice Rv journey . Just one more example of TPMS save the day again !! Congrat on the new 2010 Bighorn .

WilmanJim

Well, we have made it to Big Spring, TX so far. Everything is still together even thought some of these roads are trying to rip things apart. Sure like the Airsafe Hitch, it sure takes the shock out of the pinbox and the back. :rolleyes:
Had some strong winds today but the Bighorn handled well.
Was 94 traveling and saw the tire temps go to 103 on the sun side and 97 on the shade side. Thought they would have been hotter but thats good.

Safe Travels Everyone,
Wilma and Jim