floor vents

roy2

we use are furnace for heat this year. works pretty good but the bed room vent and bathroom vents are together one duct going to it not to much heat coming out of it. i went into the basement pulled the ducting off of it i have maybe a 3 in duct going to it and the hole the heat going thru is about maybe 2 in. maybe i open that hole up some id get more heat going thru the ducts to the bathroom and bed room.not sure if i will screw it up any if i open it up .all the other ducts are working good.thanks.

LBR

A man with a plan.......make sure you report back on how successful this project turns out..

Dahillbilly

What model Rv do you have? Some of the heat maybe going into the basement, I would check the ductwork more before opening it up any larger. You don't want anything freezing up in the basement. Maybe some other owners will chime in

esscobra

what floor plan do you have - if ha 3760el and the i had to restrict the bathroom and bedroom to push more heat to living room - as bathrom/bedroom is shortest run from heater - almost over it- and the further vents - usually air has cooled off some by time it gets back there

roy2

What model Rv do you have? Some of the heat maybe going into the basement, I would check the ductwork more before opening it up any larger. You don't want anything freezing up in the basement. Maybe some other owners will chime in
i have 2019 big horn i have the basement duct blocked im not going anywere close to cold weather.i dont need the basement warmed up its never going to get cold enough to be that cold aslong as i own it.yuma az is the coldest im going to be in.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
i have 2019 big horn i have the basement duct blocked im not going anywere close to cold weather.i dont need the basement warmed up its never going to get cold enough to be that cold aslong as i own it.yuma az is the coldest im going to be in.

FWIW that basement vent has no forced air behind it, passive air movement at best, so no big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roy2

what floor plan do you have - if ha 3760el and the i had to restrict the bathroom and bedroom to push more heat to living room - as bathrom/bedroom is shortest run from heater - almost over it- and the further vents - usually air has cooled off some by time it gets back there
i have 3870fb floor plan bath and a half. i dont have any problems with the other ducts. this one goes right to the bedroom and bathroom duct.it is the shortest run from the heater.im going to try opening the hole up on it.ill see how it goes. thanks

bh3585

Let me know how it goes as well. I have a 2018 Newport and get very little airflow out of the bedroom and front bath. I'm getting really good airflow out of the kitchen, living room and half bath

roy2

Let me know how it goes as well. I have a 2018 Newport and get very little airflow out of the bedroom and front bath. I'm getting really good airflow out of the kitchen, living room and half bath
i finely got around to do it.oo it was a pain doing it . it realy wasnt worth it.but i did learn something when i turned the heater on i was checking around down there those metal conector hooking up the heater boy you loose a lot of heat from them i think there was maybe 6 vents going out from it i wanted to put some tape on them but i didnt want to burn up my trailer yet.i dont know how you would get them tighter on the heater.i realy dont think i could feel more heat coming out of that vent. oh well win some and you dont this time i didnt. you guys enjoy a happy new year.

centerline

i finely got around to do it.oo it was a pain doing it . it realy wasnt worth it.but i did learn something when i turned the heater on i was checking around down there those metal conector hooking up the heater boy you loose a lot of heat from them i think there was maybe 6 vents going out from it i wanted to put some tape on them but i didnt want to burn up my trailer yet.i dont know how you would get them tighter on the heater.i realy dont think i could feel more heat coming out of that vent. oh well win some and you dont this time i didnt. you guys enjoy a happy new year.

a loose duct at the heater unit will affect every vent in the trailer to some degree, as the fan pressure is the greatest at the distribution housing of the heater, and if it has a leak that lets this pressure escape, it will exponentially lower the flow out of the various vents in the trailer.

get some heater ducting tape, which is a foil tape that conforms to about any surface shape and eliminates any worry about fire.....

I have seen the flexible vent ducting get restricted/squeezed on some systems, which will lower the air flow thru it, and on some longer runs, if there is very little flow, the heated air can cool off before it passes thru the duct and out the vent.... which may be good for the underbelly, but not so good for the comfort of the living space...

Kathi-27

when i redid my furnace ducts when installing cheap heat i went to lowes and got metal adjustable elbows so not to kink flexible ducting. also pulled out floor vents and found a lot of excess flex duct about 6 ft. this all helped with flow at vents.

centerline

when i redid my furnace ducts when installing cheap heat i went to lowes and got metal adjustable elbows so not to kink flexible ducting. also pulled out floor vents and found a lot of excess flex duct about 6 ft. this all helped with flow at vents.

straight walled ducting in a longer run is about 70% more efficient than the flexible foil type, due to the much lower airflow resistance inside of it, and a couple bends/corners in the flexible stuff really lowers the airflow thru it, where as a solid slick walled corner will allow the air to slip thru with the least resistance possible...

the flexible ducting is very easy and convenient to work with, but its not an efficient carrier of air, as compared to solid duct work, which im surprised they didnt use for the longer runs thru the floor of the trailers...