Fluid Film for Frame

EPaulikonis

For those folks who are seeing some minor surface rust or have paint flaking off of the frame, strongly recommend use of Fluid Film. I just applied the product to my 2015 Landmark and am very happy with the results. I used five cans of Fluid Film to cover all I-beam frame components, not the axles, springs, or other suspension components, earlier this camping season. Stopped minor surface rust, was easy to apply, and held up pretty good during this year's use. Only downside is it will be another annual MX item to complete to insure continued protection, but it should only require a can or two for touch-up application.

Capt7383

I have heard alot of good things about this product,I bought a gallon and plan to do the undercarriage in the spring when I can park on gravel. I assume there will be some dripping.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

EPaulikonis

I used the aerosol can for application. They do sell gallon size for use with a paint gun or a brush. Don't be alarmed by the look when you first apply; it will level out and dry clear.

There will be some dripping when you apply, but wind is the bigger problem. I had overspray to the face multiple times as I was rolling around on the creeper while applying. Be sure to wear rubber glove and eye protection at a minimum. The lanolin based compound is very tacky and difficult to remove without a lot of water and soap.

Is it a spray or brush on application?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The bottom of our 2015 Prowler was so rusty when we took delivery, but we didn't notice it as it was a rainy day and it was all wet when we did the PDI and during the drive home.

I was amazed at how rusty the bottom of the trailer was, considering it was only four months old from date of birth when we bought it.

Here are a couple of photos:

ProwlerFreshDrain-P1000181.jpg ProwlerDrains-P1000175.jpg

It is at the dealership right now getting warranty repairs, and I pointed this out as one of the issues.

Last I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago they had done something (not sure what) to get rid of the rust (although being from Michigan originally I know that rust never sleeps or goes away).

I am concerned about how rusty it is . . . and wonder if I will have trouble down the road because of this.

Our old trailer, a 1978 Coachman Cadet 24, didn't look that bad when we traded it in on our previous 2013 Heartland Trail Runner!

It is supposed to be ready for pick up today or tomorrow . . . haven't heard from them, so I guess I'll be giving them a call shortly to see if it is ready.