Flushing black water

Perkinup

Hooked the hose up to flush the black water tank and water would not enter the black water tank.

There is a caution label that says “Do not use the tank flush valve unless fullway termination valve is open” I pulled the lever to open the valve but no water entered the blackwater tank

Am I doing something wrong??

LBR

First time using the flush with a brand new rig? If so, the backflow device may have been installed backwards from the factory.

Gary521

There is an anti siphon device in the line to the tank. More that likely, this thing is messed up. My trailer was the same way from day one. A lot of us have just bypassed this device by cutting and splicing the water line to the black tank. If you do this you need to add a back flow device to the line.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Were you able to hear any water running at all? If yes, it's probably all over your basement behind the walls and might be seeping out into the living space. The ASV's they use are poorly designed molded plastic garbage and have been known to fail. Even rough handling during installation may weaken them. Or smacking against the wall cavity during travel can do it.

In case if you're wondering, yes, mine failed while flushing and the wife screamed there was water coming out under the bedroom steps. Hidden in a closed wall cavity, there was no thought of repair, just rip the lines down and splice in a brass Sharkbite check valve. I had already replaced the similarly crappy plastic "check" valve at the inlet when the female fitting broke off. Was able to use a brass city water fitting with check valve to replace it.

Same deal with mine. Found my valve under the kitchen sink. Flow line is blue pex, valve flow direction clearly marked and was installed backwards. Simply unscrewed and reversed. Confirmed water flow to rear black tank. This trailer is less than a month old. Clearly the dealer didn’t check that, and I was too ignorant to know to ask.
I had called the dealer service dept yesterday to see if they could help. Got a call back, they clearly didn’t know for sure what or where the valve was. I had already fixed it myself by this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marknewbill

our valve is under the sink in the bathroom, it works fine but I already identified its location while looking for why my outside shower leaks rain inside the same area. I know they are not related in any way other than my water connectors are also under the same sink, and that is where they decided to put the black tank flush valve.

Johnston1107

On mine I hear water running behind shower wall is that where my check valve is located. Water seeped out from under shower pan after tank flush. Can I access the valve from shower valve?

LBR

On mine I hear water running behind shower wall is that where my check valve is located. Water seeped out from under shower pan after tank flush. Can I access the valve from shower valve?
Ours is also behind the shower wall, just above the faucet behind a large circular white plug.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ours is also behind the shower wall, just above the faucet behind a large circular white plug.

That’s where it’s supposed to be unless the fool installing it stuck it in a closed wall cavity with no access to save a couple of feet of PEX.

LBR

That’s where it’s supposed to be unless the fool installing it stuck it in a closed wall cavity with no access to save a couple of feet of PEX.

!!
That would be upsetting!