Fold out Hide-away-bed

JNS

I guess while we thought we had looked at every nook and cranny of our 2016 Landmark 365 Madison (not our first RV so maybe we assumed some things) we just pulled out our hide-a-bed for company from one of the living room couches and I'm very confused and maybe I am just doing something wrong because I can't believe this was made this way on purpose.. so please tell me it wasn't planned this way.. When you pull out the couch into the bed there in not a level mattress or mattress at all, and the cushions that do not remove that end up on the bottom of the bed are not level with the rest of the bed... so the bed is NOT level, so it's really something no one would want to sleep on.. I don't see how the other cushions fit on there to made it level either.. what are you suppose to do with this bed, please tell me I'm doing something wrong... It is hard to see in the picture but the cushions at the bottom are much higher then the rest of the bed. Thank you in advance for your help with this matter! :eek:)

Attachments

• RV Hide a Bed.jpg
    RV Hide a Bed.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

BusManRG

Re: ATF: Landmark - Fold out Hide-away-bed

I guess while we thought we had looked at every nook and cranny of our RV (not our first one so maybe we assumed some things) we just pulled out our hide-a-bed for company from one of the living room couches and I'm very confused and maybe I am just doing something wrong because I can't believe this was made this way on purpose.. so please tell me it wasn't planned this way.. When you pull out the couch into the bed there in not a level mattress or mattress at all, and the cushions that do not remove that end up on the bottom of the bed are not level with the rest of the bed... so the bed is NOT level, so it's really something no one would want to sleep on.. I don't see how the other cushions fit on there to made it level either.. what are you suppose to do with this bed, please tell me I'm doing something wrong... It is hard to see in the picture but the cushions at the bottom are much higher then the rest of the bed. Thank you in advance for your help with this matter! :eek:)

That's about what ours looks like in our BH. Pretty typical across the manufacturers these days, I believe. We purchased a 1.5 inch cool gel memory foam topper. It rolls up and fits in the space created under the sofa as you are opening it up (if that makes sense). If you go thicker, it's too thick to fit in the "storage" space.

Sandy

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
ATF: Landmark - Fold out Hide-away-bed

I think ours in 2016 Big Country is similar. We added a memory foam topper as well, and our guest did not seem to mind it at all. (Fits under the seat cushions before you fold it all back into a couch.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JNS

Re: ATF: Landmark - Fold out Hide-away-bed

That's about what ours looks like in our BH. Pretty typical across the manufacturers these days, I believe. We purchased a 1.5 inch cool gel memory foam topper. It rolls up and fits in the space created under the sofa as you are opening it up (if that makes sense). If you go thicker, it's too thick to fit in the "storage" space.

Sandy

Thank you very much for your reply, it is very helpful!! Before we got our Heartland we had a 2004 Cardinal 5th wheel and the fold out was much different.. I will be purchasing a foam topper that also fits under / in the couch for storage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ldo

I don't see the problem. You don't want guests too comfortable as they may never leave. So you keep them passable comfortable for three days and then they'll go home to their own more comfortable bed. See-

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

KNPMCM

We have a 2016 Lanmark 365 and our fold out couch is not level either. The foot portion is about 1 to 1 1/2" higher at the foot end. Impossible to sleep on with out waking up with a head ache. Be brought our inflate a bed along with us for guests. You would think that the RV industry could build a fold out couch that you can actually sleep on.

Kirk

SNOKING

We had a problem with just one segment being a 1" lower. Had a mattress company cut a piece of foam that we zipped into the that section. Chris

BooHyde

I don't see the problem. You don't want guests too comfortable as they may never leave. So you keep them passable comfortable for three days and then they'll go home to their own more comfortable bed. See-

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
RV rule number one: Drinks for six, dinner for four, sleeps two.

JNS

Thank you everyone for your replies and suggestions, I've enjoyed them and the humor!! I love rule #1 also..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Guy

As my first official post, I want to add the fix for the above problem.

You need 1/4 x20 T-Nut bolt on x2
1/16” drill bit
1/8” drill bit
Pop rivet gun
1/8” x 1/4” steel Rivets
Your choice of leveling feet or
1/4” x 20 x 2” elevator bolts
It helps to have a spare 1/4 x 20 x 2” bolt and nut to temporarily hold t nut in place.

Lift up sofa as normal, extend back to the wall, and prop in place; so you can gain access to the center section that folds out.

screw t nut in place with bolt and secure from backside with jam nut.

Mark and drill 1/16” pilot holes x 3 then drill 1/8” holes. Push pop rivets into the new hole and rivet into place securing t nut to bottom of frame. Repeat for other side. Screw leveling feet into place

Results: You now have a level fold out sofa that doesn’t give you headaches

Simply screw in feet all the way and fold up as normal …

As for dragging up a 5 year old thread your welcome.

Attachments

• AC2703D6-33C8-4056-B113-91D56EC797AD.jpeg
    AC2703D6-33C8-4056-B113-91D56EC797AD.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • 8548E500-92B9-4F87-964A-5EB77149C3B0.jpeg
    8548E500-92B9-4F87-964A-5EB77149C3B0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 16E39DDD-A0A9-424E-AE15-43E37C4D7121.jpeg
    16E39DDD-A0A9-424E-AE15-43E37C4D7121.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 2D55D979-29CC-4B1E-A97D-8206AE302E84.jpeg
    2D55D979-29CC-4B1E-A97D-8206AE302E84.jpeg