Frame problems

Routemaster

Has any one here had positive frame camber problems if so what did you do about it? Because I have and picture's to show.
Den.

RickL

Some more clarity may help in getting responses. When I think of camber I relate that to tires, the top of the tire either out or in. Is that what you are talking about?

Dahillbilly

let'ssee the pictures. If you are referring to tire camber & your tires are wearing this could be a bent axle.

Routemaster

Hey Dan.
Yes I did get a response from Lipperts through Robert Miller at Heartland they sent a mobile tech who welded three extra thicker outriggers to the out side of I beam to support the floor and were he placed them the floor is better on the inside at TV end but as you can the fridge end is still up in the air the curbside I beam is only 5/15" up.
But now that the long slide is out of line with the paintwork coach lines, because as I now see it that the extra outriggers have raised the floor and slide to match where the beam is at this time make sense?
Nothing was done about the frame being up into the coach.
I spoke to Lipperts this morning and being I am the second owner there is no warranty for me on the frame.
Now what I have found, I need to make a trip to Apache Junction AZ where there is a company that will do the fix.
Den.

Attachments

• Front post.JPG
    Front post.JPG
    472.1 KB · Views: 136
  • Center at 16.500.JPG
    Center at 16.500.JPG
    497.1 KB · Views: 127
  • .500 out.JPG
    .500 out.JPG
    287.7 KB · Views: 124
  • New outrigger  2.JPG
    New outrigger 2.JPG
    487.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Rear post at 15.750.JPG
    Rear post at 15.750.JPG
    431.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Rear hanger at 16.250.JPG
    Rear hanger at 16.250.JPG
    397.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Drop at fridge.JPG
    Drop at fridge.JPG
    602.2 KB · Views: 109

Routemaster

Axle's are ok with the bend the other pic of floor is before the lift.

Attachments

• Front axle center.JPG
    Front axle center.JPG
    541.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Front axle.JPG
    Front axle.JPG
    606.1 KB · Views: 91
  • level at fire place.JPG
    level at fire place.JPG
    459 KB · Views: 88

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
So the fact that the paint lines don’t lineup would be proof that this thing wasn’t right when it left the factory when it was new please keep us posted on your repairs I am thinking I may have the same problem with my 16 Big Horn

Routemaster

Hey Guys.
Here is a sketch of my problem, I trust it may help what was trying to explain. Sorry I don't know to place in landscape.

Thanks.
Den

Denny.jpg

Attachments

• Scan_0006.jpg
    Scan_0006.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 71

Routemaster

Am I the only one with a spring board chassis?
I just see this driveshaft the weld is broken see the space between weld what is going on, yet the gear packs seem to be on track and fixed between packs, any one else have the same?
I am now looking to see if I can add a third axle. Sill not having much luck getting the frame brought back in to spec. Places I called say cant get the coach on the rack.
We don't want to live with the gap under the fridge and coach lines being out of line.
Den.

Attachments

• Front rack.JPG
    Front rack.JPG
    588.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Driveshaft.JPG
    Driveshaft.JPG
    716.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Rear rack.JPG
    Rear rack.JPG
    514.2 KB · Views: 82

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I read this and have no clue what you are talking about. What is a spring board chassis? I don’t see anything broken in the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dahillbilly

broken weld not hurting anything as both ends are bolted to the spur grears. Weld was probably just a tack weld for assembly use only.

Routemaster

I have found more bends, none at at door side one will see. This bending in the frame is happening at where I get the highest point on the string test. I am thing the hanger has pushed up the bottom rail of I beam as in 4th picture This coach I reckon has taken a beating on its pull somewhere from the factory to Oregon then up to WA we my my wife and picked her up and back to NM. I just want some to help me out on this issue so frustrating.
I never see any of this before buying her. :-(
Den.

Attachments

• Front door hanger.JPG
    Front door hanger.JPG
    342.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Road side bend.JPG
    Road side bend.JPG
    381.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 2nd hanger at I beam.JPG
    2nd hanger at I beam.JPG
    354.9 KB · Views: 41
  • I beam 1.JPG
    I beam 1.JPG
    500.6 KB · Views: 47

Routemaster

Something else to add, have I got a frame twist as well as a bend?

Attachments

• Road side leg.JPG
    Road side leg.JPG
    680.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Curb side leg.JPG
    Curb side leg.JPG
    664.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Road side lean.JPG
    Road side lean.JPG
    663.4 KB · Views: 40

Routemaster

Hey guys. I just went down the park drive, and the Alpine she is like you all say. So, they must have forgotten to weld five of mine with the 4 degrees, they are all plumb.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mine are plumb as well. I want to add an angle to my front landing gear so I asked how much I could change. The answer was no more than 4°. That was 8 years ago but haven't gotten around to making the change.
Maybe this year. Or next.

Peace
Dave