Fresh water tank removal.

Routemaster

Anyone have a step by step to change out this tank does one have to lift the tank up and out as it appears to have the straps on the bottom. ? I now believe that I have a leak.

Attachments

• Fresh Tank Drain.jpg
    Fresh Tank Drain.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 35

sengli

I cant help you on the tank removal. But I thought I had a leak several times, and it turned out to be rain water being driven into the coroplast under belly via the tires during a rainstorm.

carl.swoyer

Anyone have a step by step to change out this tank does one have to lift the tank up and out as it appears to have the straps on the bottom. ? I now believe that I have a leak.
Where is it leaking from?. Fill it to the overflo then let it sit. Overnight.
Did you have extensions for the overflo tubes?
My leak was road water

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Routemaster

I dropped the the belly a while ago to see if I could see where the water was coming from.. no joy buttoned back and did not take it any further due to other things. I do know this coach had a freeze up before we bought her, found out later. Fitting's ok, maybe water is out of the top. Overflow outlets come out though the frame ok.

Attachments

• Matted insullation.JPG
    Matted insullation.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Water tank 1.JPG
    Water tank 1.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0183.JPG
    IMG_0183.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 24

carl.swoyer

Was there a tube / hose connected to the overflo nipples? If no then water sloshing around can spillover and run back into the belly.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Routemaster

Is there any reason why I could not connect a air line fitting to the tank fill and try to hear for the air bubbles around the tank. save a mess of water?

danemayer

Keep the air pressure to 40 psi. You'll need to plug the overflow lines or the air will escape there rather than through a leak.

Routemaster

Hey Dan. Why I thought of this is when we built Mould Tools this the way I checked the "O" rings below the inserts for loss in air pressure. When I get to it not the best of jobs, Heartland has replacement tanks if needed.
Cheers.
Den.

Routemaster

Dan. What is the white braided pipe inline with the blue for second is the line next to the blue pipe the heater?
Den.

danemayer

Dan. What is the white braided pipe inline with the blue for second is the line next to the blue pipe the heater?
Den.
With the Anderson Valve, I believe there's one PEX line usually connected on the lower front edge of the tank. It goes between tank and valve and water flows one way or the other depending on valve setting. The fresh tank drain is usually connected by way of a tee in that PEX line, close to the tank. There are also 2 overflows, coming out of the top corners of the tank. If there's another connection, it might be a vent. On my 2011, pre-Anderson Valve, there's a vent line. I didn't think vent lines were needed given the overflows, but perhaps they are using them.