Freshwater drain on 2012 3185RL

dwayneb

Greetings All,
I have searched the bottom and side rails of our Bighorn and cannot find any sort of drain. This is not my first fifth wheel so I know what to look for. I am looking for the freshwater drain, not an overflow. Of course, I haven't found any overflows either. Hopefully someone could at least show or tell me where their drain is located. A photo would be appreciated. I need to purify my water tank and be able to drain it.

Thanks!

danemayer

Hi dwayneb,

I don't have a picture, but the fresh tank is typically located over the axles for weight distribution. On a 2012 model, I'd expect the drain line to be teed into the PEX that runs from the fresh tank to the pump, near the front edge of the tank. It's usually about 18" from the off-door-side frame, toward the center of the RV. Look just in front of the front axle.

If you don't see a PEX tube hanging down in that area, with a valve, look for an opening in the coroplast, or perhaps a piece of tape covering where the opening used to be. The drain tube may have been tucked up above the coroplast.

dwayneb

Thanks, but on mine, there doesn't appear to be anything located over the axles. I can tell where the black and gray tanks are because the bottom enclosure extends lower from about 3 feet back from the axle all the way to the front. It has rained here all day, but I will post a picture tomorrow.

sengli

I recognize the model you have. My last two heartland fivers had this protruding from the belly.

Attachments

• IMG_0659.JPG
    IMG_0659.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 20

dwayneb

I found it!!! On my previous 5th wheel, the freshwater tank was up front near the fill valve. I never imagined that the drain pipe could be behind my rear axle. Thanks again!