Fridge battery

ernest917

That’s kinda what I expected.... I have two deep cycle batteries so hopefully that should do the job...

Would inverter run batteries down if I leave it on when I’m plugged into shore power????

Roller4tan

No converter should keep the battery(ies) charged. However, the inverter may pass thru the ac power if it has that capability

david-steph2018

With the residential fridge you should have an inverter, as mentioned, probably 2 batteries as you have, and a dedicated transfer switch for the fridge. This switch is close to the batteries and is plugged into the bottom of the inverter.
On the bottom of the inverter is a GFCI outlet, sometimes this does trip, so if you do not have power to the fridge when you turn on the inverter start by checking this outlet. For me to see the GFCI outlet I need to use a hand mirror or use my phone.
On both sides of the aisle is opinions of leaving the inverter on or turning it off when on shore power. I leave my inverter on, especially when we are away from the rig for an all-day event/trip. This is a prevention if the shore power goes off.

Watch the condition of your batteries, we are starting to have battery issues.
Our batteries are almost 5 years old, and we full time since June 2019. For the last 2 stops on this leg of this journey, the Level-up has been "beeping" when we are not hooked to shore power. Batteries are starting to go bad, but I need to nurse the batteries, because the 2nd week of September we are getting a complete rig solar system installed, and don't want to spend money for new batteries to take them out in a month.