Front A/C not working

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
OK this is what I need help on. Have front bedroom a/c Dometic Brisk Air II that has stopped working. Have check circuit breaker and it is good. Have turned it on and off. No fuse to check on this as no thermostat on wall. Has built in thermostat. Also have turned main breaker off than on. Nothing checked main wire and it has power coming through from breaker.

So what am I missing to check. It ran about a week ago but when we came back that day it had stopped

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
I can not believe I can not get a hold of a Mobil RV service to look at my a/c unit. Called and left messages at about 4 different ones. Not a good thing.

Garypowell

Two thoughts but not sure how handy you are while you wait for tech to call back.

1. If you can remove inside cover and see if fan can be turned. Might be frozen and once freed will work. Not sure if it just quit or if this is your first start of season. MAKE SURE POWER IS OFF WHEN YOU DO THIS

2. If 1 ok get up on roof and look under the hood and see what you can see. Once my starting capacitor "blew" and it was a fairly simple replacement. NAKE SURE POWER OFF AND SHORT OUT CAPACITOR OR YOU COULD QUICKLY END UP ON RHE GROUND

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jim, try calling Temecula RV at 1-951-894-2347 and see if they know someone and they are a HL warranty service station. I know you dont want to break camp to get it repaired. You should call HL and see if they will pay the service call and the repair. Dometic should pay for the repair, but I dont know if they will pay the service call. The main thing is to call HL and tell them what the problem is first.

BTW, Giant RV, who is a HL dealer, has 2 stores close to you. You might give them a call. I dont have their # handy.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Got lucky today. Found a Mobil RV repair service that will work on my A/C unit and also does warranty work for Dometic.

Update.......

service guy found that the electrical wires had worked loose under the wire nuts. Said Heartland did a bad job installing A/C.

Last edited: